Annoying things it seems like only you notice...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Some American and British accents.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
When people say 'nucular' instead of 'nuclear'.
This one's rich. "Hey MissCris, there's a nucular bomb headed our way!!!" .... "You know, I really hate the way you spell nu....."

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Talking about road rage...the billboard they put up not far from me: "Eye or ear hasn't seen or heard what God has in store for those who love him." HAVEN'T. Be careful when paraphrasing, I guess. I feel like I go on a lengthy rant every time I drive past that. Grammar aside, that is just all around awkward phrasing.
Actually, 'hasn't' is correct... ;) ....but it really should have been worded like this: "Eye nor ear has seen or heard...."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Talking about road rage...the billboard they put up not far from me: "Eye or ear hasn't seen or heard what God has in store for those who love him." HAVEN'T. Be careful when paraphrasing, I guess. I feel like I go on a lengthy rant every time I drive past that. Grammar aside, that is just all around awkward phrasing.
Grammar Nazi trigger warning...

Technically, "hasn't" is correct, because with the "nor" between, "eye" and "ear" are distinct singular nouns. "Eye and ear haven't..." would be correct.

That aside, I agree: the phrasing is terribly awkward.

Aaaand, now I see that ZT beat me to it.

T

Tinuviel

Grammar Nazi trigger warning...

Technically, "hasn't" is correct, because with the "nor" between, "eye" and "ear" are distinct singular nouns. "Eye and ear haven't..." would be correct.

That aside, I agree: the phrasing is terribly awkward.

Aaaand, now I see that ZT beat me to it.
Which was actually my typo, not the billboard's superior knowledge. The sign was "eye and hasn't seen or heard." For the word junkie, the witness is absolutely lost.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I could care less, means you actually care some. If you don't care at all, you couldn't care less.

People putting the possessive apostrophe on plurals. Yike's! LOL :p

They're, their, there, it'll all be all right in the morning.
Of coarse it will. I seen it happen that way all the time ;)

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Whachootalkinbout? Supwidat? Ah dindu nuffin!
Actually, I can tolerate American accents, it’s the really Pom British accent I can’t understand - the ones that sound like it’s a cross between Irish and Welsh.

I can however, stand the accents on their own (Irish & Welsh).

T

toinena

When guests put cups and mugs with moist underneath straight on the table and don't bother to dry off the rings left on the table.

L

LaVieEnRose

Some American and British accents.
I am crazy about British accents, cockney or uppercrust, Yorkshire or Suffolk- I adore their accents. But, I don’t like French accents.

T

toinena

I get more embarrassed than annoyed if I hear a Norwegian speaking English with a heavy accent.

I get more annoyed over official letters that are so poorly written I want to send it in return with red markings.

L

LaVieEnRose

I get more embarrassed than annoyed if I hear a Norwegian speaking English with a heavy accent.

I get more annoyed over official letters that are so poorly written I want to send it in return with red markings.
I like Norwegian accents (I should say Scandinavian, since I would not be able to distinguish between Swedish, Finnish, Danish, or Norwegian). I like Dutch accents. I just don’t like French ones, which is abnormal on my part.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Annoying things... I don't know if I'm the only one who notices this, but I sure do get annoyed when I'm biking and a dog chases me. Especially when I'm going down a hill, building up momentum to get up that next hill, and the stupid mutt starts barking and running right at the bottom of the hill. I have to come to a stop, point my finger at the dog and say "NO!" and then start up the hill with no momentum at all.

Stupid dog! You ruined my inertia!

L

LaVieEnRose

Annoying things... I don't know if I'm the only one who notices this, but I sure do get annoyed when I'm biking and a dog chases me. Especially when I'm going down a hill, building up momentum to get up that next hill, and the stupid mutt starts barking and running right at the bottom of the hill. I have to come to a stop, point my finger at the dog and say "NO!" and then start up the hill with no momentum at all.

Stupid dog! You ruined my inertia!
The dog just wants to be friends. Besides, you are a lynx riding a bicycle. What do you expect the dog to do? Ignore his natural instincts and not chase a cat?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In my experience dogs that run cars are dogs that are bored out of their gourds. The owners need to train them not to chase cars and bikes and the owners need to provide the dog something to do. Or actually play with the dog for a few minutes out of the day.

L

LaVieEnRose

In my experience dogs that run cars are dogs that are bored out of their gourds. The owners need to train them not to chase cars and bikes and the owners need to provide the dog something to do. Or actually play with the dog for a few minutes out of the day.
Then, why not be annoyed at the owners rather than be annoyed at the dogs?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The owners are not the ones chasing my bike and barking their fool heads off.

L

LaVieEnRose

The owners are not the ones chasing my bike and barking their fool heads off.
Why, I’d be happy the dogs want to play with me. Your posts make me think of Queen’s Bicycle Race.