Any Gamers here?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
There was a fancy dress day yesterday at the school and one kid was dressed as a minecraft creeper.

I didn't notice any Hello Kitty's but there were a lot of princesses, mermaids, and possibly a Princess Peach.

One boy was Steve Irwin, with crocodiles.

So...are video gamers into cosplay as well or is that just gamers in general. I mean is their a heirarchy of gamers, like are some games gold level games and others are just run-of-the-mill games that come with the console/pc. Is it the more hours you play, the better you are, or, is it just depends on how much free time you want to devote to a game. When do you stop playing? I mean when does it end? Does it ever end?
Depends what you're playing and why you play it. For me Skyrim ended when I got through the main story. For some people Skyrim takes YEARS to play. They played it for different reasons than why I played it.

Also depends on how you play it. I tend to play games on a high difficulty... Just for kicks. But again it depends on why you play it. Some play games on highest difficulty so they can get on online forums and brag about how good they are at that video game.

NOTA BIEN: When people brag about how good they are at video games, it means absolutely nothing. Games are systems that are literally made to be solved and conquered. There is no reason to brag about it.

But some brag anyway...
 
Depends what you're playing and why you play it. For me Skyrim ended when I got through the main story. For some people Skyrim takes YEARS to play. They played it for different reasons than why I played it.

Also depends on how you play it. I tend to play games on a high difficulty... Just for kicks. But again it depends on why you play it. Some play games on highest difficulty so they can get on online forums and brag about how good they are at that video game.

NOTA BIEN: When people brag about how good they are at video games, it means absolutely nothing. Games are systems that are literally made to be solved and conquered. There is no reason to brag about it.

But some brag anyway...
Yea beating a computer by pushing buttons is not anything to brag about.

I always thought people bragged because of how rich they were to be able to afford to play the most expensive ones or as many as different ones as they could.

I don't brag about how many pages my books are that I read, but I do have a personal sense achievement reading one the whole way through because I've either learned something or enjoyed the story. I don't pay for a lot of new books usually I borrow them for free or they are gifted to me, or I read old ones or ones from the op shop that are only $2-$4
 
So...are video gamers into cosplay as well or is that just gamers in general. I mean is their a heirarchy of gamers, like are some games gold level games and others are just run-of-the-mill games that come with the console/pc. Is it the more hours you play, the better you are, or, is it just depends on how much free time you want to devote to a game. When do you stop playing? I mean when does it end? Does it ever end?
I will never NOT cosplay at our regional conventions here in the states. It makes going to them much for festive. Also gaming is fine as long as you don't dedicate every waking hour to them.
 
I will never NOT cosplay at our regional conventions here in the states. It makes going to them much for festive. Also gaming is fine as long as you don't dedicate every waking hour to them.
What do you go as...

I don't know if they have them here, there are ones for comic readers and tv watchers called Armageddon, mostly selling fan merch.

Not ones for video gamers...that I know of. I have read in the Diary of Wimpy Kid series that Greg Heffley was obsessed with a game his best friend Rowley parents wouldn't allow him play, can't remember the name of it. They thought it was a bad influence...it was probably a made up game...

Anyway, in one of the books Greg goes to this gamers convention without telling his parents, like he sneaks off to go to one. And gets in trouble as he always does. I think he also loses his clothes as well.
 
It was called Twisted Wizard

images-75.jpgimages-76.jpg

I am sure in one of them, Greg plays for the entire weekend without leaving his room when he's meant to play outside in the fresh air.
 
I will never NOT cosplay at our regional conventions here in the states. It makes going to them much for festive. Also gaming is fine as long as you don't dedicate every waking hour to them.
First, welcome to the forum.

Second, what have you cosplayed as?
 
Yea beating a computer by pushing buttons is not anything to brag about.

I always thought people bragged because of how rich they were to be able to afford to play the most expensive ones or as many as different ones as they could.

I don't brag about how many pages my books are that I read, but I do have a personal sense achievement reading one the whole way through because I've either learned something or enjoyed the story. I don't pay for a lot of new books usually I borrow them for free or they are gifted to me, or I read old ones or ones from the op shop that are only $2-$4
Never underestimate the human ability to find ways to be proud.

I have seen people brag about playing a first person shooter - and I quote - only on master difficulty, pistol only. They play on the hardest level, and they limit themselves to using only pistols, and they take pride in this.

Hours played is a big tool for some of them. They will boast about how many hundreds (or even thousands) of hours they have played a certain game, and use their hours as proof in an argument, to prove they know more about the game than you do.

I remember an argument two people had about a game that had three kinds of melee combat - blunt, like a club, bladed, like a sword and unarmed, like brass knuckles. They were quoting game hours to prove they were right and even busting out spreadsheets of damage per turn, damage per action point and etc. All to prove their choice was the only logical choice that any sane person could ever choose.

I was like, dude. Games are supposed to be fun, not a peeing contest.
 
I will never NOT cosplay at our regional conventions here in the states. It makes going to them much for festive. Also gaming is fine as long as you don't dedicate every waking hour to them.
First, welcome to the forum.

Second, what have you cosplayed as?

I have to admit that cosplaying looks fun!!!

There's a store at the mall where I stop in to talk to a clerk I've become casual friends with, and she goes to all kinds of conventions as a cosplayer.

I like hearing about how people design their costumes and some of the ingenious ideas they when making their accessories, etc.

It looks like a lot of fun, but I don't know any of the games/stories/worlds well enough to know who to try cosplaying as.
 
What do you go as...

I don't know if they have them here, there are ones for comic readers and tv watchers called Armageddon, mostly selling fan merch.

Not ones for video gamers...that I know of. I have read in the Diary of Wimpy Kid series that Greg Heffley was obsessed with a game his best friend Rowley parents wouldn't allow him play, can't remember the name of it. They thought it was a bad influence...it was probably a made up game...

Anyway, in one of the books Greg goes to this gamers convention without telling his parents, like he sneaks off to go to one. And gets in trouble as he always does. I think he also loses his clothes as well.

Any cloaked character really, think jedi or sith. Those costumes are *easier to assemble compared to armored ones.
Also them NOT having Comic-con in New Zealand is wild given LOTR & The Hobbit. Budget cuts maybe.
 
Never underestimate the human ability to find ways to be proud.

I have seen people brag about playing a first person shooter - and I quote - only on master difficulty, pistol only. They play on the hardest level, and they limit themselves to using only pistols, and they take pride in this.

Hours played is a big tool for some of them. They will boast about how many hundreds (or even thousands) of hours they have played a certain game, and use their hours as proof in an argument, to prove they know more about the game than you do.

I remember an argument two people had about a game that had three kinds of melee combat - blunt, like a club, bladed, like a sword and unarmed, like brass knuckles. They were quoting game hours to prove they were right and even busting out spreadsheets of damage per turn, damage per action point and etc. All to prove their choice was the only logical choice that any sane person could ever choose.

I was like, dude. Games are supposed to be fun, not a peeing contest.

I've seen people manipulate frame rates at tournaments. That's when ya know you've gone too far.
Also I've posted before its just been a minute cause of work >40 hrs :,)
 
Any cloaked character really, think jedi or sith. Those costumes are *easier to assemble compared to armored ones.
Also them NOT having Comic-con in New Zealand is wild given LOTR & The Hobbit. Budget cuts maybe.
I referred to Armageddon - that is our comic-con

I read comics, like Catwoman, and a comic strip called Garfield, which was a real comic as it was funny (some people call them cartoons) I'm sure you have heard of it as world-wide famous American pop culture.

Anime and Manga is big here, that takes dedication to dress up and create costumes for that.

Of course, for beginners like me, Hello Kitty appeals, all you need is a red bow in your hair and maybe some cat ears, and look cute.
 
As you can tell, I'm a cat fan. I don't know about this Lynx character though. Some sort of snow leopard nobody ever sees in real life?
 
  • Haha
Reactions: RegalLeo117
We have Hobbiton, Mt Doom (Taranaki Maunga) and real life enchanted forests so..the dressing up isn't really necessary. Most people go barefoot anyway, and wizards are more like the Harry Potter variety, rather than LOTR.

Christchurch had a real life Wizard, and I know several real life hippy wiccan types, they hang around a town called Nelson.
 
I referred to Armageddon - that is our comic-con

I read comics, like Catwoman, and a comic strip called Garfield, which was a real comic as it was funny (some people call them cartoons) I'm sure you have heard of it as world-wide famous American pop culture.

Anime and Manga is big here, that takes dedication to dress up and create costumes for that.

Of course, for beginners like me, Hello Kitty appeals, all you need is a red bow in your hair and maybe some cat ears, and look cute.

Armageddon looks amazing actually. Have you been?
Yes I read Garfield as well and thought it was funny but was that a touch of sarcasm? I'll have you know we owned two volumes of garfield comics back in the day lol.
 
I have to admit that cosplaying looks fun!!!

There's a store at the mall where I stop in to talk to a clerk I've become casual friends with, and she goes to all kinds of conventions as a cosplayer.

I like hearing about how people design their costumes and some of the ingenious ideas they when making their accessories, etc.

It looks like a lot of fun, but I don't know any of the games/stories/worlds well enough to know who to try cosplaying as.
My sister is on a professional level at it. She and her bf have a won several awards.
 
I have to admit that cosplaying looks fun!!!

There's a store at the mall where I stop in to talk to a clerk I've become casual friends with, and she goes to all kinds of conventions as a cosplayer.

I like hearing about how people design their costumes and some of the ingenious ideas they when making their accessories, etc.

It looks like a lot of fun, but I don't know any of the games/stories/worlds well enough to know who to try cosplaying as.

There are actual books on cosplay costumes to make. A lot of people start with these and embellish them make them more personal!

I went to a sci fi and fantasy convention once and many people dressed up in their costumes. If I was into any of their games, I think I would dress up too. It's just for fun and why not? Life is short!


🕊️
 
  • Like
Reactions: seoulsearch
Armageddon looks amazing actually. Have you been?
Yes I read Garfield as well and thought it was funny but was that a touch of sarcasm? I'll have you know we owned two volumes of garfield comics back in the day lol.


I love Garfield and had some comic books, like the first one that came out in the 80s. But my Mom threw them out, plus my brother's comic books. 😭 Why ? Because they were not hers. She really doesn't care or respect other people's things.


🕊️
 
Armageddon looks amazing actually. Have you been?
Yes I read Garfield as well and thought it was funny but was that a touch of sarcasm? I'll have you know we owned two volumes of garfield comics back in the day lol.
Once, but I was a little weirded out as thought I had stepped into a cult like Amway and expected to buy stuff. Although maybe I wasn't in the right head space at the time. All this stuff of people imaginations becoming real??

My friend who I went with was into dark horror anime and vampires etc and I was not. I have been on Xena and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and never managed to become a fangirl. Or things like Star Wars and Star Trek that some were obsessed with.

If they'd known about my former Garfield fandom they probably would not have been friends with me, that just wasn't cool as a teen/twentyager. lol