Any gamers?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Any gamers out there? I need help cutting down my collection to found more Christ centered (at least from a moral perspective) games obviously the horror games may need to go. But I want to get rid of others. I read an article that says avoid entertainment that doesn't glorify God (unfortunately all Christian video games are not worth playing imo) so I may have to settle for morality at this point.

S

Stranger36147

I used to be a gamer, but I kind of lost interest in video games as I got older. Oh well. :)

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I used to be a gamer, but I kind of lost interest in video games as I got older. Oh well. :)
Thats probably a good thing honestly its expensive and can be time consuming 🤣

Dooms

Feb 8, 2018
I don't play games that have excessive violence. Other than that I play what is fun. Also, an activity is good that makes you a better person for having experienced it - I use that to guide my "playtimes" as well.

S

Stranger36147

Thats probably a good thing honestly its expensive and can be time consuming 🤣
When a new game comes out, how much is it? Like 50 dollars or more?

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
When a new game comes out, how much is it? Like 50 dollars or more?
Depends or more usually the biggest problem with modern gaming (and old school gamers arnt too fond of such as myself) is sometimes they dont sell you the full game for a 60 price tag you need to buy and download more when its available its mostly from AAA titles and companies which is why theres a big shift torwards indie games since alot of companies such as EA and bioware justify selling a half finished game and patching it as it progresses its far more complex then it was or needs to be 🙄 which is why I'm mostly a retro gamer and only bite when a new game I really want comes out

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
I play The Sims. Anything and everything can happen. I love that game, so simple and easy. Just have to get creative, and that’s what I have issues with currently lol. :)

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I play The Sims. Anything and everything can happen. I love that game, so simple and easy. Just have to get creative, and that’s what I have issues with currently lol. :)
Which one?

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
The Sims 4. Its awesome how real life it looks, have you ever played it?
No but Ive played 2 and a fair amount of Sim City back in the day....not a big fan honestly (but 2 is different) the reason I played was for unsavory means 😅

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
No but Ive played 2 and a fair amount of Sim City back in the day....not a big fan honestly (but 2 is different) the reason I played was for unsavory means 😅
Yea, I wasn’t a fan of the earlier editions either, but when I saw how updated and realistic the Sims 4 looked, I had to try it. It’s awesome. I’m not a gamer by any means, but I do like that and I watch YouTube gamers all the time lol.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Yea, I wasn’t a fan of the earlier editions either, but when I saw how updated and realistic the Sims 4 looked, I had to try it. It’s awesome. I’m not a gamer by any means, but I do like that and I watch YouTube gamers all the time lol.
Lol yeah back before steam there where patch sites where you can hack the game with fan made content most where *ahem* Adult sothats why got it 😂 wasnt a Christian at the time btw

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
Lol yeah back before steam there where patch sites where you can hack the game with fan made content most where *ahem* Adult sothats why got it 😂 wasnt a Christian at the time btw
Lol it’s ok. I wasn’t much of a gamer at all growing up or before I Got saved and started my relationship with Christ. Lots of changes he makes in us daily. Drop off the old... and put on the new 😊.

But seriously, The Sims is awesome and I play it as often as I can... besides watching YouTube of course lol 😂

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I don't play games that have excessive violence. Other than that I play what is fun. Also, an activity is good that makes you a better person for having experienced it - I use that to guide my "playtimes" as well.
Indeed I play games that dont have ultra violence either and there needs to justification for any imo

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
Lol it’s ok. I wasn’t much of a gamer at all growing up or before I Got saved and started my relationship with Christ. Lots of changes he makes in us daily. Drop off the old... and put on the new 😊.

But seriously, The Sims is awesome and I play it as often as I can... besides watching YouTube of course lol 😂
:) sweet! Yeah im more careful about the games I play now and if they dont let me bring my Christian morals into it I dont need to playing it 😊

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
Indeed I play games that dont have ultra violence either and there needs to justification for any imo
I agree as well, now scary video games are one thing, but violence and drugs/alcohol involved games are not necessary at all. Not even for teens. But you get the idea. Just not cool... at all.