Any senior citizens in Christian chat?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I think on a very old hymn...

Whatever my lot,
Thou hast taught me to say,
"It is well, it is well, it is well with my soul"

It's one of my favorite hymns. Much much more than "Your an overcomer" garbage that compromises so much of contemporary music today.

Being God's slave I don't get to always choose when, where, or what I do. I just go where He makes the path. It's not torturous...God does things for my benefit even if I don't understand or know why. I just "Trust and obey, there's no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey".
Not exactly popular words these days...but they are true nonetheless.

God isn't Santa, and I'm just a slave of his. It's better to be a street sweeper's apprentice helper in Heaven than a ruler in Hell.

I don't know what the future holds...but God does...so I'll rely upon his judgment. I may be bored out of my head in my quasi-retired life. But again that isn't exactly my choice either.

Psalm 34:19 plus 2 Corinthians 4:8-9~ Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers us
from them all. In every way we're troubled but not crushed, frustrated but not in despair, persecuted but not abandoned,
struck down but not destroyed.
:)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
We are looking hard at acquiring an existing coffee shop and an existing bakery. Gonna be a miracle to get both, revamp, and make it all work. But who knows...it might all work out.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Also remember those days- which is amazing that my brain can actually think back so far into the "olden days." LOL
IF 3 or 4 of us chipped in a 10 -15 cents for gas we could run around til curfew . that was a million years ago

May 30, 2022
We are looking hard at acquiring an existing coffee shop and an existing bakery. Gonna be a miracle to get both, revamp, and make it all work. But who knows...it might all work out.
God works in mysterious ways. If He is in it, it will work out beautifully. (-:

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
God works in mysterious ways. If He is in it, it will work out beautifully. (-:
Yeah...I know. Lots of wheels turning and spinning. We were looking to leave the state when this came up.
If it doesn't work out we likely will. No need to stay. We aren't unhappy here...just out of family. No real need to stay here anymore unless God has other plans.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yeah...I know. Lots of wheels turning and spinning. We were looking to leave the state when this came up.
If it doesn't work out we likely will. No need to stay. We aren't unhappy here...just out of family. No real need to stay here anymore unless God has other plans.
One week later... any news on this front?

And if you did leave the state, would you be taking all the equipment with you, or... ?

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Just wondering if there are any other seniors here to chat with? Am new.
Welcome to CC! There are many walks of life here.
We are glad to have you join us 😊
God bless you. 🙏🏽

Qiorgini

Feb 7, 2022
There are quite a lot of us here. I am 68 years old, a retired Christian.

Jun 5, 2020
I am 78 (for a few more weeks) and a serious Christian. I was born a Jew but was healed and saved in 1977.

Bob-Carabbio

Jun 24, 2020
I turned 80 on 7/25. Born again in the spring of 1963.

J

Jackieboy100

Many of us here might not be senior but we're happy and lucky to have you and other adorable seniors to lean on for wisdom and insight. A very warm welcome to you!

Katia

Aug 29, 2021
PDX
I am 75. I pretty much do as I wish, the Church having lost it shine long ago. I love God and Jesus Christ but don't allow Pastors to bully me.