Anybody else waiting on Santa tonight?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
With his alleged omniscience, and with the fear that is placed in children's hearts ("You'd better watch out") in relation to his "coming to town", he sounds like a Satanic replacement for Jesus Christ to me. How about parents teach their children to "be good for God's sake", or because God and Jesus are watching, and because Christ will come again? Lying to children sounds rather Satanic to me as well. Especially when one considers that Satan is the father of lies.
*facepalm

:rolleyes:

:cautious:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
He sees you when you're sleeping.
He knows when you're awake.
He knows if you're plotting to take his loot
He's omniscient for goodness sake.
So I wonder if Santa sees the Elf On The Shelf as competition -- or an accomplice.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I'll be up waiting tonight but not much hope. He hasn't showed up in many years for me. I usually give up by about midnight and have to eat the cookies and drink the glass of milk myself because I don't want it to go to waste. :sneaky:
He asks for my help sometimes. I'm in good with him.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The Elf on the Shelf costs parents at least $80. I couldnt believe it when I saw the actual Elf on The Shelf book and toy being sold in the bookshelf. But they might have discounted it on Boxing Day

Joshua_783

Sep 15, 2022
Cinder did you get gifts 🎁 or a lump of coal from Santa? I am not sure if you are naughty or nice?

Joshua_783

Sep 15, 2022
Those are cute verses Cinder!! ❤️

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
He dropped something into the Pacific for me Christmas morning about 1am local time.. I guess he remembers me because Rodan was chasing him one Christmas and I put an end to that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Is this the childrens forum?

I thought you had to be over 13 to post here....

Anyway, last I heard Santa lived in Antarctica with his unicorns so maybe you've been sending all your letters to the wrong address.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Is this the childrens forum?I thought you had to be over 13 to post here....
Anyway, last I heard Santa lived in Antarctica with his unicorns so maybe you've been sending all your letters to the wrong address.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed... Unicorn??!:oops:

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Unicorns fly dont they?
I thought that was only alicorns -- a hybrid between a unicorn and a pegasus, since unicorns don't have wings.

But if we're talking about mythical creatures here, I suppose Santa's reindeer don't have wings, either.

Vs.

1672856183524.jpeg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I thought that was only alicorns -- a hybrid between a unicorn and a pegasus, since unicorns don't have wings.

But if we're talking about mythical creatures here, I suppose Santa's reindeer don't have wings, either.

Vs.

View attachment 247286
Funny you should mention this today. Just this morning I was listening to a stand-up comedian on youtube, because these days I have little better to do with my time, and she mentioned Santa was a very mean spirited person.

The comedian said she loves penguins, and she can't understand why Santa doesn't choose them to pull his sleigh. Here's a guy with the magical ability to make any creature fly, surrounded by creatures who dream of flying, and he totally ignores them and imports reindeer to pull his sleigh.

A member of the audience said, but penguins don't live in the arctic. They live in Antarctica, in the south. They don't even live at the North pole.

She said yeah, well.. neither does Santa. Duh.

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
Is this the childrens forum?

I thought you had to be over 13 to post here....

So wrong. Santa lives in Lapland, Finland. His office is in Rovaniemi, Finland at the arctic circle even though he apparently lives farther north in Korvatunturi (still within Finnish borders, mind you - not gonna give up Santa to Russia without a fight - Putin could use him to basically blackmail the world into submission with endless threats of naughty listing).

Office:
3-Red-moment-Santa-Claus-Village-11-12-13-FULL-RES-e1468833918498-1140x637[1].jpg

When he's not in his office or touring the world giving gifts, he's usually in a hidden location somewhere around here:
Korvatunturi_talvella[1].jpg

As for Santa's meal of choice during his nightly visit, I think Lynx is on the right track. Coffee and steak sound good. I'd just suggest that if you want to really impress Santa, use reindeer steaks. Yes, really. Santa wouldn't set up his office in the part of Finland that's most known for its reindeer meat if he weren't fine with it.

Here's a reindeer steak (not my picture, so I'm not responsible for the beer next to it :p )
9334407539_aeb4d14fbc_z[1].jpg

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
How do the reindeer fly?
I believe you are mistaken. Plus the southern hemisphere children need their gifts too.

ChrisTillinen

Sep 16, 2022
How do the reindeer fly? I have no idea. But I did find this previously unseen footage.

funny-santa-claus-reindeer-delivering-gifts-red-helicopter-vector-cartoon-representing-helper-...jpg

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
hmm I think helicopters are a bit too noisy, I mean it would be completely obvious and wake everyone up

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Unless there are whisper quiet choppers I dont know about....