Anyone battling anxiety/panic disorder?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 7, 2018
That yoga is not of God.
Flirting with satan himself.
Like dumping a garbage can of demons on your head and cc members
Yoga is a form of stretching, meditation is a form of relaxation... honoring anything to any other God besides our Heavenly Father is sin.

Feb 28, 2016
Even if we choose to embrace God fully, we still have to unlearn the things our bodies have been doing because of fear, depression... etc etc. Even if we chose to embrace his will for our life, we are still deeply troubled by intrusive thoughts and reactions to those we are to weak to control. Having faith in your self to be all that God has made you to be is hard for a person who may rely on others to fulfill their needs. Anxiety comes in many forms of fear in something, and if you have victimized yourself so much, letting go of the fear of yourself, and embracing yourself as confident, worthy, and able can be one heck of a ride. I feel immensely for your pain and pray for all who suffer from mental illness ❤️
=
=====================================================

obviously you've 'missed' the whole 'message'...
praying...

Oct 7, 2018
=

praying...
Explain... Because either your referring to the original thread lost, or something else.

Oct 7, 2018
=

praying...
I indeed just give some experience based advice per the title, I could not actually find the previous posts other than yoga is Satan..

Merida

Oct 26, 2018
I suffer from anxiety attacks, and sometimes I'm not even sure what triggers them. One of the worst I ever had, suddenly hit me when I was decorating cookies with my kids last Christmas! A happy and joyful thing with my kids, and boom - out of nowhere, I couldn't breathe, chest felt tight, and I had to go outside in -35 to breathe in the cold air. Cold air always helps, for some reason. I really don't like depending on medication for this, but I only take it if I absolutely have to. This is something that has plagued me since a teen. I'm a happy person otherwise, so I haven't a clue why I'd have anxiety attacks. My doc says it's because I'm bottling things from my past up, even if I don't realize it.

Merida

Oct 26, 2018
Oh, just to clarify something about Yoga. There is no worship of any deity in any Yoga classes I've ever attended. It's simply a way to honor one's body by stretching, deep breathing, and focusing on one's good health. God wants us to honor our bodies and take care of ourselves. Yoga is a way of doing so. If anyone tells you that Yoga is "evil", they are simply wrong, and probably haven't ever tried it themselves.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Oh, just to clarify something about Yoga. There is no worship of any deity in any Yoga classes I've ever attended. It's simply a way to honor one's body by stretching, deep breathing, and focusing on one's good health. God wants us to honor our bodies and take care of ourselves. Yoga is a way of doing so. If anyone tells you that Yoga is "evil", they are simply wrong, and probably haven't ever tried it themselves.
Christians speak against yoga because its origins denote it as part of ancient east Indian religious practices. Here's what the country who holds the origins of yoga say on the matter.

According to https://www.mea.gov.in/in-focus-article.htm?25096/Yoga+Its+Origin+History+and+Development an official government site of India...
"Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline"
"As per Yogic scriptures the practice of Yoga leads to the union of individual consciousness with that of the Universal Consciousness"
"Thus the aim of Yoga is Self-realization"
"Yoga has proved itself catering to both material and spiritual upliftment of humanity"

According to http://www.yogabasics.com/learn/history-of-yoga/
"The word yoga was first mentioned in the oldest sacred texts, the Rig Veda. The Vedas were a collection of texts containing songs, mantras and rituals to be used by Brahmans, the Vedic priests."
"Yoga was slowly refined and developed by the Brahmans and Rishis (mystic seers) who documented their practices and beliefs in the Upanishads, a huge work containing over 200 scriptures."
"The most renowned of the Yogic scriptures is the Bhagavad-Gîtâ (Hindu scripture), composed around 500 B.C.E"
"In the late 1800s and early 1900s, yoga masters began to travel to the West, attracting attention and followers. This began at the 1893 Parliament of Religions in Chicago, when Swami Vivekananda wowed the attendees with his lectures on yoga and the universality of the world’s religions "

According to https://yogasix.com/history-of-yoga/
"however, the physical exercise is a part of the multidimensional practice; it has a meditative and spiritual core."
"One of the six major orthodox schools of Hinduism is also called Yoga, which has its own epistemology and metaphysics "

According to https://www.allaboutspirituality.org/history-of-yoga.htm
"the practice of yoga is much more than a system of physical exercise for health. Yoga is an ancient path to spiritual growth"
"Since it is taught by the yogis that everything is God, it then stands to reason, man is God"
"Yoga views man’s problem primarily in terms of ignorance. Man simply does not understand he is God so the solution is enlightenment, or an experience of union with God."
"Can the methods used in the yoga techniques for exercising be separated from the philosophy? The answer is a distinctive “no” because yoga is considered to be a practice of psychosomatic exercises."

So the foundation of yoga is in 5000 year old pre-Hinduism and declares it a spiritual act with the intent to realize you are God to obtain universal consciousness. I don't need to try it myself to read the history, roots, origins and purpose to know what the intention of it has been for 1000's of years. That act of doing yoga, actually, in no way qualifies anyone to know whether it qualifies as evil or not. So that is a false logic. By that logic i don't know murder is evil because i've never killed anyone. But that's not the way the world operates.

Merida

Oct 26, 2018
Christians speak against yoga because its origins denote it as part of ancient east Indian religious practices. Here's what the country who holds the origins of yoga say on the matter.

According to https://www.mea.gov.in/in-focus-article.htm?25096/Yoga+Its+Origin+History+and+Development an official government site of India...
"Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline"
"As per Yogic scriptures the practice of Yoga leads to the union of individual consciousness with that of the Universal Consciousness"
"Thus the aim of Yoga is Self-realization"
"Yoga has proved itself catering to both material and spiritual upliftment of humanity"

According to http://www.yogabasics.com/learn/history-of-yoga/
"The word yoga was first mentioned in the oldest sacred texts, the Rig Veda. The Vedas were a collection of texts containing songs, mantras and rituals to be used by Brahmans, the Vedic priests."
"Yoga was slowly refined and developed by the Brahmans and Rishis (mystic seers) who documented their practices and beliefs in the Upanishads, a huge work containing over 200 scriptures."
"The most renowned of the Yogic scriptures is the Bhagavad-Gîtâ (Hindu scripture), composed around 500 B.C.E"
"In the late 1800s and early 1900s, yoga masters began to travel to the West, attracting attention and followers. This began at the 1893 Parliament of Religions in Chicago, when Swami Vivekananda wowed the attendees with his lectures on yoga and the universality of the world’s religions "

According to https://yogasix.com/history-of-yoga/
"however, the physical exercise is a part of the multidimensional practice; it has a meditative and spiritual core."
"One of the six major orthodox schools of Hinduism is also called Yoga, which has its own epistemology and metaphysics "

According to https://www.allaboutspirituality.org/history-of-yoga.htm
"the practice of yoga is much more than a system of physical exercise for health. Yoga is an ancient path to spiritual growth"
"Since it is taught by the yogis that everything is God, it then stands to reason, man is God"
"Yoga views man’s problem primarily in terms of ignorance. Man simply does not understand he is God so the solution is enlightenment, or an experience of union with God."
"Can the methods used in the yoga techniques for exercising be separated from the philosophy? The answer is a distinctive “no” because yoga is considered to be a practice of psychosomatic exercises."

So the foundation of yoga is in 5000 year old pre-Hinduism and declares it a spiritual act with the intent to realize you are God to obtain universal consciousness. I don't need to try it myself to read the history, roots, origins and purpose to know what the intention of it has been for 1000's of years. That act of doing yoga, actually, in no way qualifies anyone to know whether it qualifies as evil or not. So that is a false logic. By that logic i don't know murder is evil because i've never killed anyone. But that's not the way the world operates.
The yoga I practice is just exercise. There is no chanting. lol
Ever heard of Diamond Dallas Page? Yeah...it's his Yoga that I do.
DDP Yoga.
Tell him his yoga program is "evil". lol
I'd love to see his reaction.
He has helped many, many obese people shed the weight. He is doing a lot of good in this world.
So no, I don't think it's evil.
But thanks 😉

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
The yoga I practice is just exercise. There is no chanting. lol
Ever heard of Diamond Dallas Page? Yeah...it's his Yoga that I do.
DDP Yoga.
Tell him his yoga program is "evil". lol
I'd love to see his reaction.
He has helped many, many obese people shed the weight. He is doing a lot of good in this world.
So no, I don't think it's evil.
But thanks 😉
It's easy to set preference as priority over the facts in front of us. We all do it.
And I'm not likely to let DDP determine such things for me.

Merida

Oct 26, 2018
It's easy to set preference as priority over the facts in front of us. We all do it.
And I'm not likely to let DDP determine such things for me.
I'm just saying, he's a good guy. He is genuinely helping others. And as he says, "this ain't your momma's yoga" - meaning, it's using elements of yoga, but it's entirely his own workout routine that he put together. It's fun, it's good exercise, and I feel better doing it. I think Jesus is happy for me, because I'm taking care of the body he gave me. :)

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Are there good videos of yoga for beginners that you would recommend that does not involve meditation but only physical exercise like stretching?

Merida

Oct 26, 2018
Are there good videos of yoga for beginners that you would recommend that does not involve meditation but only physical exercise like stretching?
Yes, search for DDP Yoga. That's the program I do. Diamond Dallas Page was a WWF Wrestler. I wasn't into WWF, but my brother watched a lot of wrestling in the 80's. haha. Anyway, he had some injuries as have some of his friends. So he developed his own workout program using elements of Yoga. But it's simply for exercise, shedding weight, getting in shape, and taking care of your body. It has nothing to do with anything spiritual, at all.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Yes, search for DDP Yoga. That's the program I do. Diamond Dallas Page was a WWF Wrestler. I wasn't into WWF, but my brother watched a lot of wrestling in the 80's. haha. Anyway, he had some injuries as have some of his friends. So he developed his own workout program using elements of Yoga. But it's simply for exercise, shedding weight, getting in shape, and taking care of your body. It has nothing to do with anything spiritual, at all.
Ok thank you. I may check that out... I actually would like to gain at least five more pounds. I am at a good BMI now for my height and it is normal range but I don't yet weigh enough to give blood.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
my uncle got so bad, he saw kids coming in his window when there were none....they found out that he was lacking in magnesium. I agree with the person that said, its a lack of vitamin/minerals.....its true....the mind can get off balance even if there is no trauma in someone's life, ...such as PMS...... change of life age, effects mood changes, depression...etc.
..................I experienced depression in my life years ago and was delivered ...it had gotten so bad, that I literally felt my spirit detaching from my body, I said out loud, .,I PRAISE YOU LORD!!!!! and it stopped, the crying stopped I was calm and thought I had lost my mind, going from non stop crying wanting to die, to calm.......the next day, it came on me 3 times worse, I called my sister and she said, praise the Lord again it worked yesterday...I did and it left...so then I recognized it was demonic ( dated a person that had severe mental problems and didn't know it at first , plus he was an alcoholic and had not told me. said he was saved....but satan deceives people I have seen ( he did get saved before he died) anyhow, he had a lot of demons, and I honestly feel they were tormenting me, you cant open doors to the dark side by associating with someone that has demons, ..for 3 years I had tormenting depression and would have to praise the lord to make it stop and one day after 3 years, it released and has never returned. it was after that time, I had a out of body experience that has made me so strong and bold, its amazing. ...
so that all being said, sometimes it can be a demonic attack. some are health issues, like my Uncle only needing magnesium....after he started taking it , he was normal. The body can get so many issues if not handled with good eating and praying...fasting.....we do some things to ourselves with bad food. pray and ask God to show you how to be delivered.....and it is not a lack of faith, my goodness, if that was the case, there would be a lot of people dying left and right...lol...there is only One person on earth that walked on water, be careful not to judge wrong, so you wont be judged back with the same judgement.... just sayin

a small break through share : I just recently started taking Turmeric Curcumin 500mg.... you find it in the herbal / vitamin section...... I got it for my knee, was told it will help with joints pain, ....well, one tablet made my mind be so different , it was like I could conquer the world, it was like my outlook wasn't discouraging anymore....I cant wait to see if it does that continually. God delivers us from things through people or vitamins...or whatever he chooses.

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Wade,
I am in the same boat. I suffer from extreme anxiety and panic attacks. I just get desperate sometimes and yes I believe in God and cry out to him in prayer a lot! I am 81 yrs old and found out in August when I went to ER that I have thyroid disease . I had been sick for quite a long time and am down to 69 lbs ,also have had this anxiety for yrs and yrs I think this is making it worse tho.
The pills for thyroid I have been taking for 3 months and they do not seem to do anything that I can tell. I am also going the natural route and trying all that as well. I saw some good advice abt that on here
My family thinks I should have made more progress than I have and are tired of me. I am probably driving them crazy!
Wade, I understand you completely and others I have seen on here too. I am the same way !
I would love to talk with you and others too.
Btw I cry out to God for faith every day and I still lack Lord, help me my unbelief

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
my uncle got so bad, he saw kids coming in his window when there were none....they found out that he was lacking in magnesium. I agree with the person that said, its a lack of vitamin/minerals.....its true....the mind can get off balance even if there is no trauma in someone's life, ...such as PMS...... change of life age, effects mood changes, depression...etc.
..................I experienced depression in my life years ago and was delivered ...it had gotten so bad, that I literally felt my spirit detaching from my body, I said out loud, .,I PRAISE YOU LORD!!!!! and it stopped, the crying stopped I was calm and thought I had lost my mind, going from non stop crying wanting to die, to calm.......the next day, it came on me 3 times worse, I called my sister and she said, praise the Lord again it worked yesterday...I did and it left...so then I recognized it was demonic ( dated a person that had severe mental problems and didn't know it at first , plus he was an alcoholic and had not told me. said he was saved....but satan deceives people I have seen ( he did get saved before he died) anyhow, he had a lot of demons, and I honestly feel they were tormenting me, you cant open doors to the dark side by associating with someone that has demons, ..for 3 years I had tormenting depression and would have to praise the lord to make it stop and one day after 3 years, it released and has never returned. it was after that time, I had a out of body experience that has made me so strong and bold, its amazing. ...
so that all being said, sometimes it can be a demonic attack. some are health issues, like my Uncle only needing magnesium....after he started taking it , he was normal. The body can get so many issues if not handled with good eating and praying...fasting.....we do some things to ourselves with bad food. pray and ask God to show you how to be delivered.....and it is not a lack of faith, my goodness, if that was the case, there would be a lot of people dying left and right...lol...there is only One person on earth that walked on water, be careful not to judge wrong, so you wont be judged back with the same judgement.... just sayin

a small break through share : I just recently started taking Turmeric Curcumin 500mg.... you find it in the herbal / vitamin section...... I got it for my knee, was told it will help with joints pain, ....well, one tablet made my mind be so different , it was like I could conquer the world, it was like my outlook wasn't discouraging anymore....I cant wait to see if it does that continually. God delivers us from things through people or vitamins...or whatever he chooses.

Suzy37

Nov 20, 2018
Jan,
Your post was so encouraging. I am glad you were able to get rid of the evil influence and with Gods help get out of that horrible pit. I feel like this is part physical with the thyroid but also has spiritual influence (Satan) making it worse. I do need faith and ask God daily to give me the faith of Christ.
I have a bad stomach and am kind of scared to try new herbs and etc but would like to try the turmeric. Is it acidic?
Thanks for sharing your experience

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
suzy I am sorry I haven't gotten back to you so long, I have acid reflux and the herbs do not hurt it, so I am thinking maybe it wouldn't hurt your stomach. I just try to stay away from fried foods, I read on the label of Turmeric Curcumin and it didn't say anything about acidic ingredients. its more for inflammatory, and immune system, for joints. I have a knot on my knee and cold compresses help a lot. I requested my dr. to run test on my thyroid, because a lady at church mentioned it...but my thyroid was ok. sorry this took me so long,its been a long time since I got online. thank you for asking and supplying info for me.

Jan7777777

Oct 19, 2018
Wade,
I am in the same boat. I suffer from extreme anxiety and panic attacks. I just get desperate sometimes and yes I believe in God and cry out to him in prayer a lot! I am 81 yrs old and found out in August when I went to ER that I have thyroid disease . I had been sick for quite a long time and am down to 69 lbs ,also have had this anxiety for yrs and yrs I think this is making it worse tho.
The pills for thyroid I have been taking for 3 months and they do not seem to do anything that I can tell. I am also going the natural route and trying all that as well. I saw some good advice abt that on here
My family thinks I should have made more progress than I have and are tired of me. I am probably driving them crazy!
Wade, I understand you completely and others I have seen on here too. I am the same way !
I would love to talk with you and others too.
Btw I cry out to God for faith every day and I still lack Lord, help me my unbelief
suzy.
sometimes the Lord is silent in the background because he is working hard on a solution for you. walking always helped my outlook. he does test us , he may want to see if you have faith to wait. there is a scripture about waiting on the Lord, and he will strengthen thine heart, Psa 27:14....Isa. 40:31 =>they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint ( this is the end of that verse

stevenelijah

Nov 27, 2013
6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.