Anyone have any disagreement to this tulip

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I never look at any Bible character(except Jesus) as a hero, & certainly not those during the Reformation.
We are to show them mercy, however, for there wasn't much true biblical knowledge around back then.
The Reformation was an act of God, trying to get christians to search for biblical truth for themselves.
Even though some reformers were pretty bad, they were still far better than the Catholic church at the time, or even now.
Just curious, which Reformers were pretty bad? Bad in what way?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
John Calvin himself had his religious opponents killed.
"During this period, Michael Servetus, a Spaniard regarded by both Roman Catholics and Protestants as having a heretical view of the Trinity, arrived in Geneva. He was denounced by Calvin and burned at the stake for heresy by the city council." wiki

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I've asked you this question 3 times.

Now you say church father are being mocked,

So this mean that this is bad feeling to you yes.

So now I want my bad feeling answered why I think John Calvin is being mocked.

So why won't you answer.

You have seen the truth the tulip doctrine was released 60 years after the death of John calvin.

So why put his name on the tulip doctrine, not you but other people.

If your not willing to see this monkey business then why should I see yours
You answer my questions, I will answer yours brother. A discussion is a two way street.

Your not in charge of me, so don't think you are. Understood?

CS1

May 23, 2012
Hi there CS1, just clarifying your statement here. You are comparing Hitler and the Nazis, with Calvinists?? Hitler was raised Catholic.

"Hitler was born to a practicing Catholic mother, Klara Hitler, and was baptized in the Roman Catholic Church; his father, Alois Hitler, was a free-thinker and skeptical of the Catholic Church. In 1904, he was confirmed at the Roman Catholic Cathedral in Linz, Austria, where the family lived."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler#:~:text=Hitler was born to a,Austria, where the family lived.

Hitler also made an agreement with the Roman Catholic Church called, The Concordat. Also, Jean Calvin left France, because he was in fear of the Catholic Church, because his beliefs were outside of Roman Catholicism.

If anything, the Catholic Church aligns more with Hitler and the Nazis, than any Protestant leader. Disagree?

Anyways, I feel your comment was fear mongering against Calvinism, and seems misguided. If anything, Protestants were the one's in fear of Catholic and Political leaders, not the other way around. The Catholic Church was/is political and had/has the power of a king.
I'm no fan of RCC either; however, you do know most reformers came out of the RCC :). From History it would seem John Calvin was ok with killing those who did not line up with HIS Doctrine. Which I have a hard time finding the early Church in Acts doing that.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
I'm no fan of RCC either; however, you do know most reformers came out of the RCC :). From History it would seem John Calvin was ok with killing those who did not line up with HIS Doctrine. Which I have a hard time finding the early Church in Acts doing that.
The RCC pretty much made sure, there was no opposition to their rule, so it makes sense that reformers didn't come from a non-denominational church.

Apparently, the Reformers aren't exactly choir boys, but it would be fair to say, they had much different lives, than we have today in the Western World. These people risk their lives for standing up for their faith, that opposed the Catholic Church.

"It is true that Calvin and his fellow pastors in Geneva were involved in the death of Servetus. However, it would be difficult to find any church leader in the 16th century who advocated a more gentle approach. Luther called for attacks on German peasants and wrote an angry tract against the Jews, called ‘On the Jews and their Lies'. Zwingli, the Reformer of Zurich, supported the execution by drowning of the Anabaptist leader, Felix Manz. Sir Thomas More, England 's Catholic Lord Chancellor, presided over the execution of those he viewed as “heretics” in England during the reign of Henry the VIII. Each country of Europe in the sixteenth century felt that defending its religious views involved taking strong measures against those who disagreed. Toleration and acceptance of doctrinal differences were simply not sixteenth century concepts."

https://calvin.edu/centers-institutes/meeter-center/files/resources-page/TheServetusControversy.pdf

Peter denied Christ three times, Tom doubted, Judas betrayed Jesus, and Paul murdered Christians. Maybe the Reformers had a little Saul in them?!?!

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
I asked myself,
"I wonder why he put this topic under the Conspiracy and Corruption" forum?

Then I realized that it had nothing to do with and would not be fitting under the Bible forum.

CS1

May 23, 2012
The RCC pretty much made sure, there was no opposition to their rule, so it makes sense that reformers didn't come from a non-denominational church.

Apparently, the Reformers aren't exactly choir boys, but it would be fair to say, they had much different lives, than we have today in the Western World. These people risk their lives for standing up for their faith, that opposed the Catholic Church.

"It is true that Calvin and his fellow pastors in Geneva were involved in the death of Servetus. However, it would be difficult to find any church leader in the 16th century who advocated a more gentle approach. Luther called for attacks on German peasants and wrote an angry tract against the Jews, called ‘On the Jews and their Lies'. Zwingli, the Reformer of Zurich, supported the execution by drowning of the Anabaptist leader, Felix Manz. Sir Thomas More, England 's Catholic Lord Chancellor, presided over the execution of those he viewed as “heretics” in England during the reign of Henry the VIII. Each country of Europe in the sixteenth century felt that defending its religious views involved taking strong measures against those who disagreed. Toleration and acceptance of doctrinal differences were simply not sixteenth century concepts."

https://calvin.edu/centers-institutes/meeter-center/files/resources-page/TheServetusControversy.pdf

Peter denied Christ three times, Tom doubted, Judas betrayed Jesus, and Paul murdered Christians. Maybe the Reformers had a little Saul in them?!?!
I don't know about church leaders, but you would be hard-pressed to say it was Christ-like to do it. The gentle approach? How about Christ like?

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
So todays tone from me is a change of toning down my rhetoric 🙂

Is there any chance Jean Calvin taught, by showing total depravity can exist he showed it never existed in the beginning,, but may well of been showing it could of done 😂

Thunderrr-mental

Dec 18, 2023
I asked myself,
"I wonder why he put this topic under the Conspiracy and Corruption" forum?

Then I realized that it had nothing to do with and would not be fitting under the Bible forum.
lol because the first the opening post could well of been a conspiracy, the objections about tulip.

Tulip may have been created to know the sheep from the goats 🙂