anyone have any thoughts on...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

*And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.*At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split*and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.*They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people. - Matthew 27:50-53 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew27:50-53&version=NIV

From looking at the Bible verses, it sounds like a Lazarus type ressurection. No mention of new bodies given to them...

Jesus is the firstborn and has a ressurrected body that we will eventually be given.

All holy people are prophets or speak as oracles of God. Joseph body was taken from Egypt and buried in the promise land.

Many of the old testament prophets look forwards towards the day the Messiah would redeem His people and wash away their sins.

J

jasonj

Well, what I'm mainly talking about is people making doctrines out of simple analogous statements in the Bible. Such as "the streets of Heaven being paved with gold", or "the walls of the New Jerusalem being constructed of certain precious stones."
I understand, and I guess what I'm saying is......is that even worth arguing and possibly causing offense to another brother? again I'm in no way judging you or anything just raising a valid question for you to consider

J

jasonj

*And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.*At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split*and the tombs broke open. The bodies of many holy people who had died were raised to life.*They came out of the tombs after Jesus’ resurrection and went into the holy city and appeared to many people. - Matthew 27:50-53 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew27:50-53&version=NIV

From looking at the Bible verses, it sounds like a Lazarus type ressurection. No mention of new bodies given to them...

Jesus is the firstborn and has a ressurrected body that we will eventually be given.

All holy people are prophets or speak as oracles of God. Joseph body was taken from Egypt and buried in the promise land.

Many of the old testament prophets look forwards towards the day the Messiah would redeem His people and wash away their sins.

thanks for the response God bless you

A

Ariel82

*After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.*And they cried out in a loud voice:“Salvation belongs to our God,who sits on the throne,and to the Lamb.”*Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”*I answered, “Sir, you know.”And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.*Therefore,“they are before the throne of Godand serve him day and night in his temple;and he who sits on the thronewill shelter them with his presence.*‘Never again will they hunger;never again will they thirst.The sun will not beat down on them,’nor any scorching heat.*For the Lamb at the center of the thronewill be their shepherd;‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’” - Revelation 7:9-10,13-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation7:9-10,13-17&version=NIV

I don't worry too much as long as I am among this multitude.

J

jasonj

*After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.*And they cried out in a loud voice:“Salvation belongs to our God,who sits on the throne,and to the Lamb.”*Then one of the elders asked me, “These in white robes—who are they, and where did they come from?”*I answered, “Sir, you know.”And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.*Therefore,“they are before the throne of Godand serve him day and night in his temple;and he who sits on the thronewill shelter them with his presence.*‘Never again will they hunger;never again will they thirst.The sun will not beat down on them,’nor any scorching heat.*For the Lamb at the center of the thronewill be their shepherd;‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’” - Revelation 7:9-10,13-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation7:9-10,13-17&version=NIV

I don't worry too much as long as I am among this multitude.

amen. and I believe we are among this multitude now and forever God bless you

DP

Banned
Sep 27, 2015
Not for nothing, but I fully believe people who witness an event understand it better than people 2000 years later speculating. So, just because you think you have all the answers doesn't mean I'm buying any of them. Matter of fact, I tend to dismiss people who think they have all answers. Not that this will change your mind. Just telling you what I'm thinking.
You just stated in your previous post you didn't really know, so now what are you going on about? I was not there when our Lord Jesus died on the cross and went to Paradise like He said, yet I choose to believe Him. That's the difference and what matters. And it's not like that is the only Scripture which reveals what happens after we die in the flesh.

And indeed many Jews have a problem understanding the difference between our flesh and our spirit, so I wasn't speculating about that either.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
does anyone look at it as Jesus teaching something when he talks of the rich man and beggar? when I look at this I don't really focus so much on the spelling of words or placement of punctiations so much. I don't feel it necessary to look into the greek origins of words, or theologins theories on the letters. the value I find is a lesson. the rich man looked down on the poor man, he was totally apathetic to the needs of the beggar. he refused to Help Jesus himself as he refused to help lazarus (the least of these) the beggar had a poor life, longed for simple things such as food. ect. the world was kind to the rich man, and cruel to the beggar. is there a connection here with its hard for the rich to enter heaven? or blessed are they who hunger? I find a lot of value in these words of Jesus, not on one level but many. I consider it a teaching for those of us who have all we need and more in material things, to have compassion on those who have great need. and I see Jesus saying if we are greedy and do not care for the needs of others...we will end up in a place of torment. just another angle on these things God bless
I believe that I said exactly what you've said above in another post. My point being that the rich man and Lazarus should be taken at face value (literally) and should not be symbolized or spiritualized. The rich man is the antithesis of the good Samaritan. He had no faith expressed in love towards Lazarus and obviously he died in that state. As for words or punctuations, the dissecting of them is not needed here, as that was in response to Willie's mention of the comma being in the wrong place when Jesus told the thief that "today you will be with me in paradise." But as far as the rich man and Lazarus I said not nothing regarding the meaning of words or punctuation, only that there is nothing in the context of the scripture to conclude that it is a parable.

J

jasonj

I believe that I said exactly what you've said above in another post. My point being that the rich man and Lazarus should be taken at face value (literally) and should not be symbolized or spiritualized. The rich man is the antithesis of the good Samaritan. He had no faith expressed in love towards Lazarus and obviously he died in that state. As for words or punctuations, the dissecting of them is not needed here, as that was in response to Willie's mention of the comma being in the wrong place when Jesus told the thief that "today you will be with me in paradise." But as far as the rich man and Lazarus I said not nothing regarding the meaning of words or punctuation, only that there is nothing in the context of the scripture to conclude that it is a parable.

yeah I think I clicked the wrong persons response. i apologize if u were offended, God bless