anyone ride a motorcycle?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacko

Well-known member
Sep 2, 2024
2,111
1,348
113
While making some deliveries today I lowside and crashed at 20-25 mph while making a right turn at the light at a green light and the rear tire completely slid out sideways. I was not really paying attention to the oil spots on the ground. It was completely wet but its hard to see. My bad for not wearing my riding pants or gloves! Banged up my knee pretty good with some road rash, but praise God because it could have been worse and he taught me a valuable lesson, which I knew, but got lazy. Bike is scratched up pretty good but whatever...

Always wear all your safety gear!
 
now how to hide the limp from my wife(ICU nurse) for 3 days. She will go crazy if she finds out. Advil and Tylenol, lots of it.
 
I am sorry to hear you and your bike got banged up... especially you!

I would not try to hide it from your wife. Let her look after you...


Thanks for the kind words. My wife, she's really protective, she will forbid me from riding again.

I'll be honest, I was kinda down at first after my crash, but now I think it was really a blessing in disguise. So I thanked God for the lesson he was teaching me.
 
Thanks for the kind words. My wife, she's really protective, she will forbid me from riding again.

I'll be honest, I was kinda down at first after my crash, but now I think it was really a blessing in disguise. So I thanked God for the lesson he was teaching me.
I wondered if that was the reason. I see people out riding sometimes with or without all the protective gear and think what a hassle it must be to suit up every time you need to get from A to B. Heh, I really like the convenience and what little extra protection my wee car provides. Bikes look cool and all but the reality is they require much more care and especially watching out for the other guy because you are not as visible as larger vehicles on the road. Speaking of which, so many people are zipping around these days on motorized boards/scooter thingies and even those one-wheeled whatever they are called LOL and they come out of nowhere and are suddenly right in front of you... it's scary because I do not want to cause injury to anyone! Any ways, yeah, please wear your protective gear, you are really fortunate (thank you, God, for protecting Jacko from further harm!) your knee was not much more seriously injured. Let us know how you heal up and if your wife discovers your subterfuge heehee. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eli1
Walk slowly.

Walk with confidence.

If the limp is minor, make it part of a swagger.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jacko
I called the City clean up and informed them of the oil spill, hopefully they will clean it up today or tomorrow.
 
Many years ago , my hubby got a motorcycle one day after helmets became compulsory in the U.K. I thank God for that ! Once , he was going too fast to go around the upcoming roundabout ( something I don't think u have in the U.S.A. ) so he drove straight over it 🙀 ! Another time , he wasn't really sure what he had done but his riding had so upset a bus driver that the bus chased him all over town ! There were passengers on the bus and the driver actually went off of his route in order to keep perusing my hubby !
Finally the inevitable happend , hubby was doing about 60 mph down a busy road during rush hour , he knew that he didn't have time to break and avoid crashing into the car in front of him so he just let go of the handle bars and let the bike ride off from underneath him . His poor mum had to spend a few hours digging lumps of road out of his back with a pair of tweezers 😆 . These , and many other scarry things all happened within about a 3 month period . Hubby took the hint and sold his bike , he was 17 .
 
  • Like
Reactions: hornetguy and jacko
I rode for the past 16 years or so... the last one was this one... rode it nearly every day that it wasn't raining, or below about 36 deg or so...
I needed a pickup, and couldn't have both, so I traded it off almost a year ago.... this was a good 12 day trip....

2nd day guns up S.jpg
 
Many years ago , my hubby got a motorcycle one day after helmets became compulsory in the U.K. I thank God for that ! Once , he was going too fast to go around the upcoming roundabout ( something I don't think u have in the U.S.A. ) so he drove straight over it 🙀 ! Another time , he wasn't really sure what he had done but his riding had so upset a bus driver that the bus chased him all over town ! There were passengers on the bus and the driver actually went off of his route in order to keep perusing my hubby !
Finally the inevitable happend , hubby was doing about 60 mph down a busy road during rush hour , he knew that he didn't have time to break and avoid crashing into the car in front of him so he just let go of the handle bars and let the bike ride off from underneath him . His poor mum had to spend a few hours digging lumps of road out of his back with a pair of tweezers 😆 . These , and many other scarry things all happened within about a 3 month period . Hubby took the hint and sold his bike , he was 17 .
I remember this one guy Tony, used to w*rk with my uncle. He said when he was younger and had a bike, many a night when they got off w*rk at midnight, he'd go through the red light on one wheel.

I asked him if he ever fell off. Sure, lots of times.

I asked how you survive something like that. He said layers. Wear thick clothing. Give the asphalt something to chew besides your skin. And if you don't come to a stop before the road gets through your clothes, you might need to flip over and give it the other side of your clothing to eat.

So I never rode a motorcycle. Nope. Not once. Not me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suze
I have a similar experience. I don't have a motorcycle, but (in addition to the car) a small scooter with a displacement of only 50 cubic meters. It is also by law restricted to only 50 km/h (30 mph). Nevertheless, my rear wheel slipped once in a traffic circle and I fell to the ground. Thank God nothing much happened to me, but my clothes were damaged and my helmet and visor were completely shredded. Since then I know why you wear a helmet!