Anyone want to video chat?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AprilJ

Mar 25, 2014
Hi Brothers and Sisters,

I am not Arab. But I love talking to people around the world, and to other Christians. :) If you're in the US, that's fine too.

Don't think I'm weird. My opinion is that it is more natural to talk with Brothers and Sisters than type. Gtalk or Skype works well...

About me: I'm Christian, 29, and I live in a community in the USA that is about 95% international, mainly Asian with some Arab people in this community too. I am actually very familiar with Islam. I lived in a household that was Muslim for 3 years. I have been to an Arabic Christian church. It was great. Lots of good people there... some from Christian families, and some came to know Jesus later in life. I do like knowing other people who understand also some of the things that I've lived among and understand.

please do not give out personal information such as emails and skype addresses, on a public viewable page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 21, 2014
Hi Ms. April, how are you doing? good to see you; God bless His Word to you.

(Do you read the Smith-VanDyck-Al-Boustany version of the Bible?)

AprilJ

Mar 25, 2014
Hello... No, I do not read Arabic. I love the language though and I have audio Arabic lessons that I listen to sometimes. (I've also studied Spanish, and Hindi. I spend 3 hours per Saturday in Chinese language school too). My life has been a very multicultural one.

But very near to my heart, is apologetics with dear Muslim friends. I have spent the last 10 years caring very much for sharing the love and knowledge of Jesus with dear friends.

I have to figure out the answer to the 'how did Jesus' death and resurrection happen in 3 days like Jonah was in the belly of the whale for 3 days' question. The sad thing is that this one person will not hear anything else unless I answer that. I tried to say I will find out and get back to the main point, but this person wants an answer to that without any further discussion.

I like talking about these things with other believers who understand what this is like.

No, I am not Arab. But I have Arab people in my life and they do not understand the love of God...

I have been conversing with Arab non-Christian friends for 10 years, trying to share Bible verses.

J

josolshaddi

hi my name is josolshaddi i do agree with you about talking is better than type iam all on this site my email is ...

please be careful by not giving out personal information on public forums i.e. email and skype addresses..

Last edited:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I guess nobody wants to video chat today.

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
I was born in a Muslim family and I left the faith at 12.
I studied many different faiths growing up. But I started to focus on Christianity in my 30s before I converted

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Hello... No, I do not read Arabic. I love the language though and I have audio Arabic lessons that I listen to sometimes. (I've also studied Spanish, and Hindi. I spend 3 hours per Saturday in Chinese language school too). My life has been a very multicultural one.

But very near to my heart, is apologetics with dear Muslim friends. I have spent the last 10 years caring very much for sharing the love and knowledge of Jesus with dear friends.

I have to figure out the answer to the 'how did Jesus' death and resurrection happen in 3 days like Jonah was in the belly of the whale for 3 days' question. The sad thing is that this one person will not hear anything else unless I answer that. I tried to say I will find out and get back to the main point, but this person wants an answer to that without any further discussion.

I like talking about these things with other believers who understand what this is like.

No, I am not Arab. But I have Arab people in my life and they do not understand the love of God...

I have been conversing with Arab non-Christian friends for 10 years, trying to share Bible verses.
Re: 3 days and nights, you might find this helpful. https://answersingenesis.org/jesus/resurrection/three-days-and-nights/

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
You're about 6 years late.
No less interesting :) and sometimes better late than never.

I don’t always notice the date when using a phone. If that is a cause for Offence or requires a rebuke so be it. I don’t mind being shown up for missing the date on a post though.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

I don’t always notice the date when using a phone. If that is a cause for Offence or requires a rebuke so be it. I don’t mind being shown up for missing the date on a post though.
Late isn't always better than never if the target of your response hasn't been on in years and therefore has no chance to see it.

And its unfavorable by many on here when old threads are resurfaced.

I never thought of making you aware of necrothreading as "showing you up" or "rebuking you". Personally I thought showing you that you've done an unpopular act and responded to someone that has no chance of answering was a good thing.
It often amazes me how many people on this site take offense to attempts to help improve a user's experience, as well as the overall experience of others on this site.
But thank you for the character reveal. Next time I consider trying to be helpful to you I know you'll respond by being offended as well as your lack of consideration for others, and therefore let you remain ignorant, which seems to be your preference.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
Late isn't always better than never if the target of your response hasn't been on in years and therefore has no chance to see it.

I never thought of making you aware of necrothreading as "showing you up" or "rebuking you". Personally I thought showing you that you've done an unpopular act and responded to someone that has no chance of answering was a good thing.
It often amazes me how many people on this site take offense to attempts to help improve a user's experience, as well as the overall experience of others on this site.
But thank you for the character reveal. Next time I consider trying to be helpful to you I know you'll respond by being offended as well as your lack of consideration for others, and therefore let you remain ignorant, which seems to be your preference.
ok 👍

Feb 28, 2016

=====================================
Sub:
who are you trying to 'KID'???

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
=====================================
Sub:
who are you trying to 'KID'???
====================================
Old:
Your odd and awkward ways of emphasizing random things make your posts difficult to interpret.
But I'm going to assume you'll be slipping into your default self righteous, judgemental 'TONE'...
And thus I'll pass. Funny how my initial innocuous comment was twisted into some form of attack, and two of the most judgmental people on the site show up to judge me. Grand!

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
====================================
Old:
Your odd and awkward ways of emphasizing random things make your posts difficult to interpret.
But I'm going to assume you'll be slipping into your default self righteous, judgemental 'TONE'...
And thus I'll pass. Funny how my initial innocuous comment was twisted into some form of attack, and two of the most judgmental people on the site show up to judge me. Grand!
Perhaps if you had made your point sound as eloquent as all the following replies - by saying something like -

hi, the link is probably very useful, but the original post was a long time ago so is a bit out of date now. It’s easy done, but if you just keep an eye on the dates of the post you want to reply to then it stops old threads being resurrected by accident :) no big deal but it does help keep things less confusing for everyone that way :)

People might not have got the idea you were just having a go? Your comment wasn’t friendly, it did seem just short and sharp. If you did not intend it that way I am genuinely really sorry for misjudging you.

I do see you are more than capable of explaining yourself fluently and clearly.... so maybe that explains why the blunt comment was taken as it was. Anyway no harm done. Let’s not all fall out. Sorry to you all. Better let this old thread rest in peace now.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Perhaps if you had made your point sound as eloquent as all the following replies - by saying something like -

hi, the link is probably very useful, but the original post was a long time ago so is a bit out of date now. It’s easy done, but if you just keep an eye on the dates of the post you want to reply to then it stops old threads being resurrected by accident :) no big deal but it does help keep things less confusing for everyone that way :)

People might not have got the idea you were just having a go? Your comment wasn’t friendly, it did seem just short and sharp. If you did not intend it that way I am genuinely really sorry for misjudging you.

I do see you are more than capable of explaining yourself fluently and clearly.... so maybe that explains why the blunt comment was taken as it was. Anyway no harm done. Let’s not all fall out. Sorry to you all. Better let this old thread rest in peace now.
Hey sister...
We never do know who is looking at the threads as guest , so maybe someone somewhere will be blessed that you brought this old thread up , only God knows :)
...xox...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hey sister...
We never do know who is looking at the threads as guest , so maybe someone somewhere will be blessed that you brought this old thread up , only God knows :)
...xox...
thanks for a gracious response 🌻🥰
I had the same thought :)

Besides, this forum/area of the site gets very little traffic compared to many others...

A good old bump of an old thread can hardly hurt (y)

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019

Thanks for replying to the thread. Although I am not the original poster, you posted a link to a useful site that answered a question I once had.

Please pay no regard to the kill-joys who would rather you keep silent. These are the same sort who would advocate letting Cheater Joe steal an election.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
Thanks for replying to the thread. Although I am not the original poster, you posted a link to a useful site that answered a question I once had.

Please pay no regard to the kill-joys who would rather you keep silent. These are the same sort who would advocate letting Cheater Joe steal an election.
Aw thanks :)

I get a lot out of these threads but the main reason I come here is for some sort of fellowship. Connecting with other believers, sharing thoughts and info and all that. I can see some people are just here for other reasons and don’t take kindly to anyone who takes a more relaxed approach to chatting about things. I think all these topics are relevant so I don’t worry Too much about expiry dates. That’s just me though, we are all different and that’s ok.