Apostasy 101

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
Salvation cannot be earned.
Salvation can be lost.
Its all here:

Its a Gift.
Its lost in this scenario

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 [c]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

E

EleventhHour

Salvation can be lost.
Oh and exactly how does one do that? And please be specific and you use scripture and exete with proper hermeneutics.

E

EleventhHour

Its all here:

Its a Gift.
Its lost in this scenario

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 [c]if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.
Hilarious ..... this is not even close to stating they have lost salvation.

What is "impossible" in this passage use some basic grammar please.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017

You are accusing the translators of the bible of not using proper grammar? Are you for real?

Noose

Apr 18, 2016

The impossibility is their being reinstated to being partakers of the Holy spirit, which means their fall from being partakers of the Holy spirit is very much possible.

E

eternally-gratefull

MOST of us agree that we cannot earn our Salvation.
Sadly
some say it. Then when you get down to it. They do not in reality believe it

they deny it. Does not mean they really deny it

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Salvation can be lost.

here is your Romans 6 answer.

in the 5th chapter of the same letter, Paul explains how we are saved and made righteous by what Christ did for us, and our faith in Him.

then, Paul expounds on this in chapter 6, saying that we should not keep living a sinful lifestyle even though we are saved by grace, and now have peace with God through Christ.

then , in chapter 7, after commenting on the Law, Paul explains how we have 2 natures inside us, one ( the born again sprit and the sinful flesh), and they war with each other , producing " I do not do the things I want tp do, and end up doing what I do not want"

so, you see, chapter 6 is NOT a stand alone, loss of salvation warning, when read in context.

the main take away for you ( I already know)-

will you accept the Gift of God in Christ, or will you pay the wages of sin??

only 2 options . which one?

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
The impossibility is their being reinstated to being partakers of the Holy spirit, which means their fall from being partakers of the Holy spirit is very much possible.
The god of this world blinds them. They don't see it.
Its so obvious (the meaning) that its so supernatural to see how they are blinded. The Word proves true every time.

2 Corinthians 4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, 4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
I hate to look stupid right here in front of everyone, but please helpo_O
Basically fancy words when they can no longer argue with the scriptures. Like a tortoise popping its head back into the shell. They pull out a "well the scriptures can be interpreted THAT way because of context, hermeneutics, angle of the sun, and Pi (3.14159))"

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
here is your Romans 6 answer.

in the 5th chapter of the same letter, Paul explains how we are saved and made righteous by what Christ did for us, and our faith in Him.

then, Paul expounds on this in chapter 6, saying that we should not keep living a sinful lifestyle even though we are saved by grace, and now have peace with God through Christ.

then , in chapter 7, after commenting on the Law, Paul explains how we have 2 natures inside us, one ( the born again sprit and the sinful flesh), and they war with each other , producing " I do not do the things I want tp do, and end up doing what I do not want"

so, you see, chapter 6 is NOT a stand alone, loss of salvation warning, when read in context.

the main take away for you ( I already know)-

will you accept the Gift of God in Christ, or will you pay the wages of sin??

only 2 options . which one?
Really, this is your best shot? This is the result of you going away for 3-4 hours to study up a rebuttal to my interpretation of Romans 6 in favour of your interpretation? ^^^^^THIS !!!!!

E

EleventhHour

You are accusing the translators of the bible of not using proper grammar? Are you for real?
There you reveal your true self once again. never said that...
EXtracting meaning from the text understanding the grammar, expressive style, context based on the larger biblical principles

Gee whizz...Chris do I have to teach you everything!!!

Chris1975

Apr 27, 2017
There you reveal your true self once again. never said that...
EXtracting meaning from the text understanding the grammar, expressive style, context based on the larger biblical principles

Gee whizz...Chris do I have to teach you everything!!!
uh uh....you forgot angle of the sun and Pi(3.14.159)

Madam, if you cannot understand the basic English, you are not going to understand any of these other things you just listed.

E

EleventhHour

uh uh....you forgot angle of the sun and Pi(3.14.159)

Madam, if you cannot understand the basic English, you are not going to understand any of these other things you just listed.
Haha....you are speaking to a student of English studies.

Waiting for you to exegete the Hebrews passage ...are you afraid?