Are 7th Day Adventists Christians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
From an semi-arian sda site: "

God, The Bible and Christianity

We DO NOT believe that all religions are valid paths to the same destination. See Religious Pluralism - Chapter 2 of Choose Life That You May Live
We DO NOT believe that Jesus was just a good man and a wise teacher. He was, and is, God Almighty whose return isn’t far away. (See Section on Jesus).
We DO NOT believe that there are any discrepancies or errors in the Bible nor that it has been changed over the years. The Bible is the Divine and final authority for the Christian faith, life and on all matters on which it speaks. (See Section A Remarkable Book Called The Bible and several articles on the reliability of the Scriptures, including fulfilled prophecy, archaeological and scientific accuracy etc. on THIS Page )
We DO NOT believe in the traditional concept of the trinity (one God, who exists as three distinct, but equal, Persons). Although the Bible definitively points to a plurality in the Godhead, there isn’t a shred of evidence that the Holy Spirit is the 'third person of the trinity... a co-equal member of the Godhead. In fact the evidence against is much, much stronger than the evidence for. ”Proof” for the trinity is usually furnished in translations based on preconceived biases (For example many will explain that the New Testament will use the pronoun “He” for The Holy Spirit. Except that the Greek pronouns used do not necessarily mean “He”). People will also often refer to verses that, if read carefully, do nothing but list Father, Son and Spirit. The origin of the idea that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity came from men with very shady leanings. Pl note that challenging the doctrine of the Trinity does not mean challenging the Divinity of Christ or the Divinity of the Holy Spirit. (See The Trinity )
http://www.inplainsite.org/html/statement_of_faith.html
"

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
And I DO NOT believe any of this is profitable.

When Earthworks makes a microphone and cheap companies make knock-offs, Earthworks doesn't spend a lot of time and advertising money telling the public how cheap and worthless the knock-offs are. They advertise how good their real microphones are.

If we spent less time digging into what other people believe and how we could argue against what they believe, we'd have a lot more time to study what we believe and tell people why what we believe is so good.

Telling somebody "You are wrong!" is always less effective than telling them "Here's something better you really need to try." Earthworks sure has sold a lot of really expensive microphones.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
And I DO NOT believe any of this is profitable.

When Earthworks makes a microphone and cheap companies make knock-offs, Earthworks doesn't spend a lot of time and advertising money telling the public how cheap and worthless the knock-offs are. They advertise how good their real microphones are.

If we spent less time digging into what other people believe and how we could argue against what they believe, we'd have a lot more time to study what we believe and tell people why what we believe is so good.

Telling somebody "You are wrong!" is always less effective than telling them "Here's something better you really need to try."
I have been witnessing to cults and sharing with fringe groups for about 60 years now.

I always study the genuine article first. I have had many discussions with friends in those sects.

While in Denver at Travis AFB, I worked with SDA Missionaries sharing Jesus door to door.

One time by myself, I stumbled across an LDS missionary home. Jesus used me to convert my LDS roommate to the real Jesus. I was invited in to talk with all 30+ LDS people there. Many of them came to the real Jesus that day. None of them were able to answer the points the Holy Spirit thru me made.

Bank tellers study the real money to spot the fake. I highly recommend studying the truths before entering into any kind of ministry.

I read our friends literature, posts and listen to what they have to say in friendly ways to learn how they think.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
I don't know what bible they use, although based on the way they are if you know what I mean, they probably do use KJV strictly. IDK for sure though. My experience is that there are 2 types of SVD, the ones who just claim they are, but rarely go to church and have no idea about the basic ideologies that the SDV holds to, and then all the rest are serious SDV who are all pretty much nutjobs. I've met both. The first ones are usually very nice people and are surprised when they hear about how the "church" is.

The denomination and people that hold to it are extremely legalistic. They only have church on Saturday, and if you are going to church on Sunday then you are sinning. Eating pork is also a sin. Many are even vegetarians and will tell you that the bible condemns meat-eating. When you talk\debatewith them, they exhibit a lack of actual bible knowledge and it is quite obvious that most of their opinions are just regurgitations of what someone else told them. They are the best example of modern-day Pharisees, IMO.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Nah, Pharisees knew scripture very well. ;)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Jesus said in Him ALL things are new, I admire the desire to be pleasing to God, but not as an ever more demanding requirement, to me when Jesus said "ALL!" He meant all. We are no longer under law to be right with Him, we in under relationship.
blessings

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
God makes these decisions. You are wasting your time.
Wasting my time in what way? And what decisions does God make about what? Unless you make yourself clear, you are wasting my time.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
You must be born again even to see the kingdom of God. Many Christians are saved but are not kingdom Christians. They live mostly for themselves. A lot of Christians are more of a hindrance than a help.
Not sure how to take your reply or what you mean by it. But o.k.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The counterfeit Gospel is out there. What is the other Gospel? It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's Law (10 commandments) from the Cross. It is a Gospel that tries to separate God's 10 commandments from the plan of salvation. God’s Law has always been part of the true Gospel of Christ. The counterfeit Gospel does not have it. God's forever Law (the 10 commandments) is the foundation of both the Old and the New Covenant and the very foundation and basis of the true Gospel of Christ.
This same SDA who posted this above just recently posted this statement below on a different Christian forum site when someone asked him what he believes the "real" gospel is:

Q1. WHAT IS THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL? v6

REVELATION 14:6, And I saw another angel fly in midheaven, having the EVERLASTING GOSPEL [εὐαγγέλιον meaning good news] to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and tribe, and tongue, and people,

NOTE: The GREEK Word used here G2098 εὐαγγέλιον means simply good news; So the first angels message is preaching the everlasting GOOD NEWS to all people of the earth.

WHAT DOES THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL REPRESENT?

1 PETER 1:25, But THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER [EVERLASTING WORD OF GOD]. And this is the word which by the GOSPEL [GOOD NEWS] is preached unto you.

LUKE 21:33, Heaven and earth shall pass away: BUT MY WORDS SHALL NOT PASS AWAY [EVERLASTING WORD OF GOD].

ISAIAH 40:8, The grass withers, the flower fades, But THE WORD OF OUR GOD STANDS FOREVER [GOD’S WORD IS EVERLASTING].

JOHN 17:17, SANCTIFY THEM THROUGH THE TRUTH, YOUR WORD IS TRUTH [GOD’S WORD IS TRUTH AND WE ARE SAVED BY IT – Good news indeed].

MATTHEW 4:4 Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD [LIFE FROM THE WORD OF GOD]

JOHN 1:1-4; 14
[1], In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD.

[2], The same was in the beginning with God.

[3], All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

[4], In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

[14], And THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

NOTE: JESUS is the living WORD OF GOD.

[12], But as many as received him [THE WORD OF GOD], to them gave he power to become the children of God, EVEN TO THEM THAT BELIEVE ON HIS NAME [MATTHEW 1:21, And she shall bring forth a son, and you shall call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.]

NOTE: v12 and MATTHEW 1:21. JOHN 1:12 As many as received him [THE WORD OF GOD] to them he gave POWER to become the children of GOD. His name is JESUS [THE WORD OF GOD] because he [THE WORD OF GOD] will save all who receive him [BELIEVE AND FOLLOW THE WORD OF GOD]

1 PETER 1:22-23,

[22], Seeing you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto sincere love of the brethren, see that you love one another with a pure heart fervently:

[23], BEING BORN AGAIN, NOT OF CORRUPTIBLE SEED BUT OF INCORUPTIBLE, BY THE WORD OF GOD, which lives and ABIDES FOREVER [EVERLASTING].

LUKE 8:11, NOW THIS IS THE PARABLE; THE SEED IS THE WORD OF GOD.

1 JOHN 3:9, Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; FOR HIS SEED REMAINS IN HIM: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 JOHN 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, EVEN OUR FAITH [in the WORD OF GOD; the SEED must remain in us through FAITH].

PSALMS 119:11, YOUR WORD HAVE A HID IN MY HEART, THAT I MIGHT NOT SIN AGAINST YOU [in the WORD OF GOD; the SEED must remain in us through FAITH].

And this is the victory that overcomes the world, EVEN OUR FAITH in God’s WORD that is IN US.

JOHN 15:4-5,
[4] ABIDE IN ME AND I IN YOU [THE WORD OF GOD]. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can you, except you abide in me. [5] I am the vine, you are the branches: He that stays in me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit: for WITHOUT ME [THE WORD OF GOD] YOU CAN DO NOTHING. [6], If a man abides not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. [7], IF YOU ABIDE IN ME [THE LIVING WORD OF GOD] AND MY WORDS ABIDE IN YOU abide in you, you shall ask what you will, and it shall be done to you. [8], Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be my disciples. [9], As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you: continue you in my love. [10], IF YOU KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS, you shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

NOTE: We cannot bear the fruit of obedience unless God’s WORD abides in us as we BELIEVE and follow him who calls us in love to love.

CONCLUSION: WHAT IS THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL OF REVELATION 14:6?

The EVERLASTING Gospel is JESUS <Jesus means Savior; John 1:29> and JESUS is THE WORD OF GOD (John 1:1-14; 17:17; 14:6). THE WORD OF GOD is the GOSPEL BECAUSE BY FAITH IT IS OUR SAVIOR and this the IS GOOD NEWS to those who BELIEVE. (John 1:1-14; John 1:29; John 17:17; 14:6; Matthew 4:4) ALL OF GOD’S WORD IS THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL. It is the EVERLASTING GOSPEL because JESUS AND HIS WORD is EVERLASTING.

ALL THE WORD OF GOD IS THE EVERLASTING GOSPEL [GOOD NEWS].

TALK ABOUT A LONG, COMPLICATED GOSPEL. o_O What happened to the death, burial and resurrection of Christ in his statement? :unsure:

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I don't know what bible they use, although based on the way they are if you know what I mean, they probably do use KJV strictly. IDK for sure though. My experience is that there are 2 types of SVD, the ones who just claim they are, but rarely go to church and have no idea about the basic ideologies that the SDV holds to, and then all the rest are serious SDV who are all pretty much nutjobs. I've met both. The first ones are usually very nice people and are surprised when they hear about how the "church" is.

The denomination and people that hold to it are extremely legalistic. They only have church on Saturday, and if you are going to church on Sunday then you are sinning. Eating pork is also a sin. Many are even vegetarians and will tell you that the bible condemns meat-eating. When you talk\debatewith them, they exhibit a lack of actual bible knowledge and it is quite obvious that most of their opinions are just regurgitations of what someone else told them. They are the best example of modern-day Pharisees, IMO.
List of churches and movements
Independent Christian church of God non-denominational
Sabbatarian Baptists
Seventh Day Baptists
Sabbatarian Church of God 7th Day
Church of God (Seventh-Day), Denver Conference
Seventh Day Church of God, Independent Churches, Meridian (Id, Or) Conference, Salem (WV) Conference
Sabbatarian Adventists
Adventist Church of Promise
Creation Seventh Day Adventist Church
Sabbath Rest Advent Church
Seventh-day Adventist Church
Seventh Day Adventist Reform Movement
Seventh Day Fellowship
True and Free Seventh-day Adventists
Shepherd's Rod (Davidian Seventh-day Adventists)
United Sabbath-Day Adventist Church
United Seventh-Day Brethren
Sabbatarian Pentecostalists
Nazareth Baptist Church
Soldiers of the Cross Church
True Jesus Church
Sabbatarian British Israelites / (Armstrongism)
Church of God International (United States)
Church of the Great God
Church of God Preparing for the Kingdom of God
Global Church of God
House of Yahweh
Intercontinental Church of God
Living Church of God
Philadelphia Church of God
Restored Church of God
United Church of God
Judaizers
Assemblies of Yahweh
Black Hebrew Israelites
African Hebrew Israelites of Jerusalem
Church of God and Saints of Christ
Church of God and Saints of Christ (Orthodox Christianity)
Commandment Keepers
Hebrew Roots Movement
Makuya
Messianic Judaism, some Messianic Jews observe Shabbat on Saturdays[1]
Sacred Name Movement
Yahweh's Assembly in Yahshua
Subbotniks, the majority belonged to Rabbinic and Karaite Judaism, the minority to Christianity[2]
Yehowists, a Russian Spiritual Christian millenarian movement founded in the 1840s
Others
Church of the Holy Ghost
Church of Christ (Fettingite)
The Christ's Assembly
Church of Israel
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Strangite)
House of Aaron
Evangelical Association of the Israelite Mission of the New Universal Covenant (AEMINPU)
Jemaat Allah Global Indonesia (JAGI), internationally known as Unitarian Christian Church of Indonesia (UCCI), headquartered in Semarang, Central Java, Indonesia[3]
Logos Apostolic Church of God, in the UK, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Sudan[4]
Remnant Fellowship, headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee and founded in 1999 by Gwen Shamblin Lara[5]
The Seventh-day Remnant Church[6]
World Mission Society Church of God
Ancient Foundations Bible Fellowship, Port Macquarie
The Independent Christian Church of God[1]
The Independent Christian Church of God
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sabbath-keeping_churches

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I came cross some because of my community garden, we have a working bee on Saturday, but they didnt want to lift a finger help because they dont work on Saturday...but they still wanted the produce.

I was not impressed.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
I came cross some because of my community garden, we have a working bee on Saturday, but they didnt want to lift a finger help because they dont work on Saturday...but they still wanted the produce.

I was not impressed.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

I was not impressed.
There's actually good reason to take a weekly day off. A lot of things people take pills for would clear right up if they started resting one day a week. This has been tested and proven by many people.

Keeping a standard when everybody agrees with it is easy. Keeping a standard when people ridicule you for it is harder.