Just to clearify my opinion and wholeheartedly belief:
Besides, I don´t believe in today´s apostleship. If any is performing miracles in the name of Jesus, thet glory belongs to the LORD Jesus. If someone is drawn to His Lordship, it is GOD (the Father) who made him / her to come back home.
Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.
Well! Essentially, the apostles are witnesses of Jesus´ and, while reading Revelations, you´ll see them going along with the 12 patriarchs, those of the 12 tribes of Israel. The thing I don´t know is, if Judas or someone else was included to make them a number of 24.
Jesus said, to them: Mat 23:8 You must not be called 'Teacher,' because you are all equal and have only one Teacher.
So, to my secular mind, I see no hierarchical role. If something changed in church history, afterwards, I believed it was a man-made rule.
I.E.:
Luk 9:46 An argument arose among them as to which of them was the greatest.
Luk 22:24 A dispute also arose among them, as to which of them was to be regarded as the greatest.
Luk 22:25 And he said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.
Besides, I don´t believe in today´s apostleship. If any is performing miracles in the name of Jesus, thet glory belongs to the LORD Jesus. If someone is drawn to His Lordship, it is GOD (the Father) who made him / her to come back home.
Joh 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day.