C
CEF
Guest
This is something I've been wondering. I've always heard that the apostles and disciples both have twelve people are they the same? What is there purpose? Where can I read about the them?
Well luther continually refuted john and james , due to his misalignment of mindset , I and God would say no! . Wigglesworth i studied little about to speak of Him but an apostle would also display at least 3 if not all five of the ministerial giftings apostle prophet , evangalist pastor and teacher . And further he would be commisioned by Christ himself .the 12 disciples became the 12 Apostles, Apostle means sent one like angel means messenger. An Apostle is like Paul who laid the foundations of the church. But I will tell you that are modern Apostles that lead the church back wehre it needed to be and Luther is one and Smiths wiggles worth is one.
Well! Essentially, the apostles are witnesses of Jesus´ and, while reading Revelations, you´ll see them going along with the 12 patriarchs, those of the 12 tribes of Israel. The thing I don´t know is, if Judas or someone else was included to make them a number of 24.
Jesus said, to them: Mat 23:8 You must not be called 'Teacher,' because you are all equal and have only one Teacher.
So, to my mind, I see no hierarchical role. If something changed in church history, afterwards, I believed it was a man-made rule.
I.E.:
Luk 9:46 An argument arose among them as to which of them was the greatest.
Luk 22:24 A dispute also arose among them, as to which of them was to be regarded as the greatest.
Luk 22:25 And he said to them, "The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors.
Luk 22:26 But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.
Have a nice day!