Yes. Curses uttered by God cannot be revoked by humans.
A more complete response would be, curses endorsed and effected by God cannot be revoked by humans; this, whether issued by God or one of his chosen servants.
Yes. Curses uttered by God cannot be revoked by humans.
I agree, they can not be revoked by humans but what do you believe is a curse when uttered by a human?Yes. Curses uttered by God cannot be revoked by humans.
I believe that God has empowered Christians to revoke and/or break curses uttered by humans. I also think much of their "power" is actually people's belief in or acceptance of them, rather than anything inherent in the words themselves.I agree, they can not be revoked by humans but what do you believe is a curse when uttered by a human?
Exodus 21:17 “Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death."
Spoken words against another person.What is a curse?
I believe that God has empowered Christians to revoke and/or break curses uttered by humans. I also think much of their "power" is actually people's belief in or acceptance of them, rather than anything inherent in the words themselves.
Can you give a scriptural example?
I believe that God has empowered Christians to revoke and/or break curses uttered by humans. I also think much of their "power" is actually people's belief in or acceptance of them, rather than anything inherent in the words themselves.
Spoken words against another person.
It is really bad in demonic strongholds like india and haiti.
Believers walking in secret habitual sin can succumb.
An open door.
Because, as I stated before, Scripture does not contain examples of everything that we as Christians will have to address. Further, Jesus plainly stated that His followers would do greater works than He did during His earthly ministry.Jesus didn't break curses. Why would we?
Because, as I stated before, Scripture does not contain examples of everything that we as Christians will have to address. Further, Jesus plainly stated that His followers would do greater works than He did during His earthly ministry.
Again, you are welcome to take the "Church of Christ" approach to the matter; I don't.
"Lash out"? Wow... you must have really thin skin.Again, you can't provide scriptural proof of your beliefs, and again you lash out when asked to do so. This is quite a little belief system you have going on.
I have missionary friends that have been to mexico, haiti, and india.It seems to be from scripture, we only have two types of curses. A judgement of God and words uttered by humans.
It seems to be from the original language the curses of God carried supernatural actions.
The words uttered by men was a heart of dishonor, low value, seeing the other person as foolish.
I have also heard in the past it could also be connected to pagan practices where people would often pray to false gods for harm to come against that individual. But of course, these false gods had no such power. (I'll have to double check this paragraph to see if I remembered correctly.)
Deuteronomy 28:15
English Standard Version
15 “But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God or be careful to do all his commandments and his statutes that I command you today, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
These curses shall come upon you and overtake you.
Are these curses comanded by God or natural occurring?
If supernatural then it comes from something beyond the natural.