Given that you started the thread, are you just tooting your own horn? Scripture speaks to that too.I had to provide for my mother, one brother and one sister. I kept the faith.
Some Christians still believing in yo-yo salvation or can lose their salvation for being dead beats is disheartening.
The truth is we won't know for sure till we die. God decides.Some Christians still believing in yo-yo salvation or can lose their salvation for being dead beats is disheartening.
You may know for sure before you die. That hope is the anchor of the soul.The truth is we won't know for sure till we die. God decides.
Not true, I am telling others I did keep the faith. Too many people try to hide what they do for the LORD under a rock.Given that you started the thread, are you just tooting your own horn? Scripture speaks to that too.![]()
The principle is don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing.Not true, I am telling others I did keep the faith. Too many people try to hide what they do for the LORD under a rock.
In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:16
In writing this, I don't mean that giving personal testimony has no place. Testimonials to the work of God in us are very encouraging and if this is your intention then I hope many are encouraged and stirred to good works.The principle is don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing.
If your light is shining people will notice whether you mention it or not.
Sadly you read things that don’t exist. I never insinuated that one shouldn’t help, I merely brought to light the OP’s sentiments regarding works salvation. That said, it’s nice to see you laugh. It’s a refreshing change from your normal cantankerous ways.LOL @ works salvation. This reminds me of the Pharisees in Mark 7 who were always coming up with reasons why they didn't have to take care of their parents. They used pious excuses like they couldn't help them because they had already dedicated all their resources to God. Yeah, the claim of "works salvation" can get you out of a lot of things you'd rather not do. LOL
Sadly you read things that don’t exist. I never insinuated that one shouldn’t help, I merely brought to light the OP’s sentiments regarding works salvation. That said, it’s nice to see you laugh. It’s a refreshing change from your normal cantankerous ways.
And that is because you will lose your heavenly reward if you do so.The principle is don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing.
Right. You already have your reward.And that is because you will lose your heavenly reward if you do so.
Here’s something I can come up with; I have better things to do than to argue with the likes of you. Have a great day, sport.C'mon, surely you can come up with something more original than: I never said that, it's all in your imagination.
I posted another response after that one and said as much. I have no reason to impugn your motives and I do believe it is as you have said.Do Jesus’ words “do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing” mean we should never let others know about our giving? Not necessarily. The focus is on the motive of our giving. I posted about helping my family to encourage others to do the same. I talk about keeping a cooler in my car with drinks and food to encourage others to do the same. This is a way of storing treasures in heaven.
I posted another response after that one and said as much. I have no reason to impugn your motives and I do believe it is as you have said.
There will always be critics. Just be pure before God and those who think in glory to see your face looking back will know you by the back of your head.Sadly I have had Christians use this verse to shut up anyone about any good works they do. One time I was with some Christian friends and shared them that I was sponsoring a child in Africa, through a Christian group. One person in the group spoke up and said "John, you shouldn't be sharing anything about what you're doing" and he quoted that verse. He was taking the verse out of context.