Are Men Really Attracted to a Woman's Great Pair of... Eyelashes?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Fales eyelashes are very much "in" over here as well as botox lips. The bigger the better. People are starting to inject botox in whatever feature they are unhappy with and end up looking like aliens. It's scary and is as popular in the males as well as the females.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Hey Everyone,

I was wondering what you all thought of the fashion/makeup trend that convinces women that they just have to have bigger and bigger... pairs of eyelashes.

My Mom and I went to lunch the other day (Mod Pizza! It's really good!), and one of the girls who was part of the assembly line had false lashes so bushy that they literally resembled a shag carpet.

It was a bit like this:

Unfortunately, I'm not exaggerating. Now I'm sure the girl had beautiful eyes, but I couldn't see them -- all I could see were these huge woolly caterpillars perched above her upper eyelid that would move up and down when she blinked. (I am 310% sure that there is no way they were natural, as her bottom lashes were just a thin line.) I was seriously wondering how she could even see in order to make the pizzas.

And I always wonder exactly how these trends start. I'm sure there are executives at fashion and makeup corporations who decide things like these are THE latest painful, expensive "look" that women "must" have, and then proceed to market the bajingas out of it.

I myself have extremely sensitive eyes and have never been able to hop on the false eyelash, let alone mascara or even full eye makeup bandwagon. The only time I try to wear eye makeup is maybe for church, and then I have to wash it off as soon as I get home because my eyes are burning.

And I can't help but think that men really don't notice or care about women's eyelashes all that much.

But maybe I could be wrong?

Now I'm certainly not trying to say that advertising doesn't push unrealistic ideals on both genders.

I was just curious as to how much eyelashes mattered to men (supposedly the ones we are doing this to impress,) if at all.

So how about it, everyone?

* Ladies, what do you think of the really really false false eyelash trend? Do you bother putting in the time or trouble to try it? How do you like the results?

Just to be clear, I'm in full support of anyone who likes to do a little natural enhancement (of the eyelash variety.) I would do so myself if they didn't make me feel like my eyes were on fire. The only lashes I question are the ones that are so extreme, you're wondering what kind of fuzzy creatures the woman glued on to her eyelids that morning.

* Men, have you, or are you, attracted to women with an impressive set of... eyelashes?!

I'm looking forward to what I'm hoping will be a fun (and informative) thread!
Officially male but I can only speak for myself. Face masks are no fun, but it does mean that you are looking at eyes rather more. I was surprised how much attention women give to their eyes. I suppose I get an overall impression if there is no mask, but a lot of women have beautiful eyes. Maybe I'll be more observant in future.

I think it is really easy to overdo it. It's not so common now, but for a time it seemed that women applied makeup with a trowel. Fashion is a terrible thing. I look at 70's photos and cringe. How could I have dressed like that? It's also a personal taste - some men like well made up women, others are not so fussy. My mother would not go out the front door without makeup. Times have changed. What suits one woman may well look ridiculous on another.

I think that most men are nowhere near as hard to impress as a lot women imagine. Those men who are seeking perfection never find it anyway. There is no such thing (works both ways, of course).

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Do you mean like this? :unsure:

Creepy! Perhaps Marilyn Manson was trying to start a trend here?

And what about this? Overkill, anyone? It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a... oh, never mind.

I have no idea what it is LOL :ROFL:
I do. It's weird. So the English call women "birds". Obviously this young woman wants to look the part.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Fales eyelashes are very much "in" over here as well as botox lips. The bigger the better. People are starting to inject botox in whatever feature they are unhappy with and end up looking like aliens. It's scary and is as popular in the males as well as the females.
I don't even know which network or service it's on (my TV isn't hooked up, and I don't have any cable or streaming services,) but I've watched a lot of clips from the show "Botched" on YouTube. It's about people's plastic surgery mishaps in their quest for "perfection," and shows two plastic surgeons (the stars of the show) meeting with them and then trying to determine if they can fix or reverse the damage.

Some of the stories are absolutely horrifying, such as the woman whose previous "doctor" injected her face with industrial cement, leaving her with literal chunks all over her face.

I understand that most everyone wishes they could do a few "tweaks" (myself included, but for now, I have no intentions of getting injections or surgery,) but what's most terrifying to me are the attitudes of some of the patients.

They literally worship the way they look, spare no expense and never take no for an answer, telling the doctors, "If you won't do what I want, then I'll find someone who will."

It really makes me sad to see people in this condition, and I can't help but say a prayer for them, hoping their hearts can be softened.

G

Godsgirl83

When my kids were still in public school, my daughter had a "teacher" with such long fake lashes, all it did was cause distraction. When my daughter would have a hard day at school and this "teacher" was trying to talk serious to me it was VERY HARD not to laugh because she was blinking at like 100 miles an hour with those things.
I finally asked my daughter one day what thoughts went through her mind when this "teacher" was talking to her (one issue my daughter was having was with her focus and behavior), she told me that she never could take this "teacher" serious because how much flapping her lashes did, she thought the teacher was going to fly away :LOL:

G

Godsgirl83

I don't even know which network or service it's on (my TV isn't hooked up, and I don't have any cable or streaming services,) but I've watched a lot of clips from the show "Botched" on YouTube. It's about people's plastic surgery mishaps in their quest for "perfection," and shows two plastic surgeons (the stars of the show) meeting with them and then trying to determine if they can fix or reverse the damage.

Some of the stories are absolutely horrifying, such as the woman whose previous "doctor" injected her face with industrial cement, leaving her with literal chunks all over her face.

I understand that most everyone wishes they could do a few "tweaks" (myself included, but for now, I have no intentions of getting injections or surgery,) but what's most terrifying to me are the attitudes of some of the patients.

They literally worship the way they look, spare no expense and never take no for an answer, telling the doctors, "If you won't do what I want, then I'll find someone who will."

It really makes me sad to see people in this condition, and I can't help but say a prayer for them, hoping their hearts can be softened.
Sometimes, you see the "before" pictures of these women, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. But then the "after" images are just horrifying.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Every time I looked into
A mirror on the wall
I began to make a list
Of every tiny flaw
"Mirror, mirror on the wall
Change the shape I see"
But every time that I went back
I saw the same old me

So I began
Tearing down the temple
That He formed for me
I never stopped to think about
The hurting it would bring
I was tearing down the temple
To meet my selfish need
Trying hard to find a way
To create a perfect me
By tearing down the temple

-Sierra

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I never really got the point of mascara - very goopy stuff!

I am wary of sticking stuff in or on my eyes. I protect my eyes with glasses. I think they actually saved my eyes from being poked by roses at one point.

I dont think fake eyelashes are a trend here except amongst drag queens and cosplay people. Ive never seen those eyelashes on anyone before!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
How did it start, good question
I think origninally maybe someone lost their eyelashes (they were badly disfigured in an eyelash incident) and had to get replacements.

Or..maybe all the chemicals in the mascara they were using dissolved all the hairs.

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
The ones ya posted, or more so the pic of. They may be a tad much. However, I have to say eye lashes, lip stick, anklets, and whatever industry you would call all that. It works on me every time. I have just always been attracted to girly girls and femininity. The gal that showed up for a date in a dress or skirt, heels and hose, and makeup on. She always made me do the walk of shame the next day when I was knocking on her door and saying hey yesterday when I gave ya my credit card and said have fun go ruin my credit score. I may have been a little brash and not really thinking.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
These are called "Natural False Eyelashes" :oops:

And they are also faux mink! :ROFL:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
On a side note, I often get women making envious comments about my eyelashes.

*shrug

I'm never sure whether to say thank you for the compliment or apologize. Maybe I should trim them. But trimmed eyelashes would look even more weird.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
On a side note, I often get women making envious comments about my eyelashes.

*shrug

I'm never sure whether to say thank you for the compliment or apologize. Maybe I should trim them. But trimmed eyelashes would look even more weird.
Go for the same look as Shepard Smith...he really darkens his for camera.

arpon

Feb 24, 2017
Actually It depends on the person, some male may like bushy eyelash, some may not. some may like natural.

But for me- eyelash or not does not matter. However attractive she looks like at first glance, if she is not a understanding type of person, I will lose attraction from her for sure(100%). I had an experience like that before, may be 15 years ago, So I can tell that.