Are native american the lost tribes?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RachelBibleStudent

So was Paul running around dressed like an Egyptian? My point is that both, these men were mistaken for a son of Ham aka Egyptian.
in paul's time there were many greek and jewish egyptians...

there is pretty much no scriptural evidence that a semite could have been mistaken for a hamite...because they looked quite different...

Feb 4, 2013
in paul's time there were many greek and jewish egyptians...

there is pretty much no scriptural evidence that a semite could have been mistaken for a hamite...because they looked quite different...
But Moses had to look the Egyptians in complexion, for when he put his hand in the Bosom and God told him to take it out, the scriptures said it was white as snow and when he put it back it was restored. I was hoping it wouldn't get this far, but if you are already white how can your hand turn white?

H

Hal51

I am Native American, I am enrolled in the Coeur d' Alene Tribe of Idaho and it would absolutely floor me to find out that we were related in anyway to the Jewish people.

R

RachelBibleStudent

But Moses had to look the Egyptians in complexion, for when he put his hand in the Bosom and God told him to take it out, the scriptures said it was white as snow and when he put it back it was restored. I was hoping it wouldn't get this far, but if you are already white how can your hand turn white?
um white people are not exactly white like snow... :rolleyes:

Feb 4, 2013

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
So was Paul running around dressed like an Egyptian? My point is that both, these men were mistaken for a son of Ham aka Egyptian.
I have seen where you quoted that they called Moses an Egyptian. Is this not more likely because he was a renowned Egyptian at one time? They even asked "Aren't you THAT Egyptian?" I see no indication that he looked like an Egyptian. It would appear that he was famous and known as an Egyptian because of his time serving there. Maybe he WALKED like an Egyptian. LOL J/K

Markum1972

Mar 25, 2013
I am Native American, I am enrolled in the Coeur d' Alene Tribe of Idaho and it would absolutely floor me to find out that we were related in anyway to the Jewish people.
Well, if we are all descendents of Adam... and Noah... then we are ALL related somehow. It may just be a long ways back. For all we know, you could be my 56th cousin. ;-P

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
This is true, and is based on evidence of specific tribes in specific places, long since discredited [the golden tablets, the angel Moroni (plural of moron?)]. But much other evidence exists, and some is quoted in the second link I gave. A definitive and quite popular book was written in the 1750's by a British officer stationed in the American colonies that likely inspired Joseph Smith to his outrageous claims.
Ken, I actually laughed out loud at that. :)
Scared some birds away doing it, too.
(but they're back, eating up a storm at the feeeders) ♥

Thanks for that. I may use it in the future, with your permission. :)
I'll second that LOLing! :D

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
Did you ever cross roads with Pastor Butler in his days up there?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
All of the above and a dollar may buy a newspaper, not sure, but where ever those tribes are hiding, Jesus Christ is our Lord, so keep on following Him, praising Him and serving Him, amen?!

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
All of the above and a dollar may buy a newspaper, not sure, but where ever those tribes are hiding, Jesus Christ is our Lord, so keep on following Him, praising Him and serving Him, amen?!
hiding or hidden? :)

sanglina

Jul 28, 2012
Kuki-Chin-Mizo tribes living in the north eastern states of India (Manipur and Mizoram) were identified as the lost tribe of Israel some years back and called as Bnei Menashe meaning "Children of Menasseh" in Hebrew). There was mass exodus to Israel where they were allotted land to live.

One of the basis for the claim of Bnei Menashe was based on a legend where they believed that the traditional Mizo-Kuki-Hmar harvest festival song in the Hmar language, "Sikpui Hla (Sikpui Song)" which features events paralleled in the Book of Exodus, such as enemies chasing them over a red-coloured sea,quails, and a pillar of cloud is clear evidence of their Israelite ancestry.

Translation of the lyrics:

While we are preparing for the Sikpui Feast,
The big red sea becomes divided;
As we march along fighting our foes,
We are being led by pillar of cloud by day,
And pillar of fire by night.
Our enemies, O ye folks, are thick with fury,
Come out with your shields and arrows.
Fighting our enemies all day long,
We march forward as cloud-fire goes before us.
The enemies we fought all day long,
The big sea swallowed them like wild beast.
Collect the quails,
And draw the water that springs out of the rock.

Another Bnei Menashe song, which had been handed down and carried throughout their travels,describes part of the Exodus from Egypt:
We must keep the Passover festival
Because we crossed the Red Sea on the dry land
At night we crossed with a fire
And by day with a cloud
Enemies pursued us with chariots
And the sea swallowed them up
And used them as food for the fish
And when we were thirsty
We received water from the rock (Bnei Menashe, one of the Ten Lost Tribes are returning to Judaism and Israel)​

More news on said claim and exodus can be read from the following links-
BBC News - Israel takes in more Bnei Menashe 'lost tribe' members

Indian Jews from 'lost tribe' move to Israel | NDTV.com

Bnei Menashe Move To Israel: Indian Jews From 'Lost Tribe' Arrive In Holy Land (PHOTOS)

Bnei Menashe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chief Rabbi Greets Bnei Menashe New Immigrants - Jewish World - News - Israel National News

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2009
The Ainu are not "Caucasian white". Even using older classifications systems, careful inspection shows that they are a unique group. It is true that they share more of the phenotypes with the baseline model for Caucasian than they do with the average Yamato, but that doesn't mean that they were "Caucasian white". Many of these features that they have in common with old baseline models for Caucasoids really only hold up on first glance.