Are people from MENA white?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Reckon all y’all up yonder (yes, I said up), in Tennessee still can’t tell the difference between Jack Daniels Honey and Jack Daniels Whiskey.😂
Well now darlin' thatsh downright (hic) easy to tell th' differensh. One'sh shweet as sugar and delightful to drink, and the other'sh honey.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
It's also interesting coming from someone like cinder who has been to many different countries around the world - not for a visit on vacation, but to live there for a while.

Maybe it's like a speech accent - when you live in one place with one group of people who talk one way all the time, anybody who talks different is an oddity. But when you get out and hear other people talking different a lot, accents become less "hey, he's different" and more "that's a neat way to talk."
Actually if you're around a lot of people from different places, it usually becomes more like hey you sound like this other person I know. But it's just that certain accents stick out.

Kireina

Aug 26, 2020
It's North Africa not North America.

What country or countries did you visit in the Middle East?

I'm aware that some Middle Eastern people are darker, particularly those in the Arabian Peninsula. But in Levant for example most people look about as fair as a Southern European. How was your experience?
Ohhh sorry I didn't see that lol 😅

Qatar and KSA

Your observation is true...

My experience...hmmmm those days living in those countries it was not that easy... but it was OK...I came out alive lol

Praise God my experience was OK 👍 Nowadays it's different because many Arabs know how to speak English already and many of them send their kids abroad to study 😊 Those days you need to learn their language to be able to communicate 🙃

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Many come to NZ to learn english and come out with a nz accent which apparently is better than an american one, but nzers who act for american tv shows have to learn how to speak with an aamerican accents as americans apparently cannot understand anybody who doesnt speak with an american accent.

Unnerstan what ahm sayin' y'all?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Filipinos are huge fans of Karen Carpenter apparently. It doesnt matter what colour she is, she just sings really nice. It doesnt matter that she's dead either.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
If you want to know what life was like under apartheid just ask any South African who was born more than 20 years ago.
In the US anybody who lives south of the Mason Dixon Line is still affected by segregation. Apparently they had 'sundown' towns where the population was divided by colour.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you want to know what life was like under apartheid just ask any South African who was born more than 20 years ago.
In the US anybody who lives south of the Mason Dixon Line is still affected by segregation. Apparently they had 'sundown' towns where the population was divided by colour.
Where are you getting this information? I live in the south and it's not true around here.

Sep 17, 2022
Ohhh sorry I didn't see that lol 😅

Qatar and KSA

Your observation is true...

My experience...hmmmm those days living in those countries it was not that easy... but it was OK...I came out alive lol

Praise God my experience was OK 👍 Nowadays it's different because many Arabs know how to speak English already and many of them send their kids abroad to study 😊 Those days you need to learn their language to be able to communicate 🙃
Thanks for your response.

Sep 17, 2022
Actually if you're around a lot of people from different places, it usually becomes more like hey you sound like this other person I know. But it's just that certain accents stick out.
Cinder what countries have you been to?

Sep 17, 2022
yea like you lol

why bring up a stupid topic like racism?

We got over that in the LAST century when the holocaust happened. white supremacists came from neo nazism that had its origins in theosophy and then notion of an 'aryan race' which, is not even a real thing. It was just a made up category to satisfy Hitlers twisted views on eugenics.
Interestingly, the term Aryan was originally used as a self-designation by the Indo-Iranian peoples.

But still, I don't know why you keep talking about racism racism racism, when I was simply asking a question.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
But still, I don't know why you keep talking about racism racism racism, when I was simply asking a question.
Whoa... Flashback time. Somebody in chat commented about how you kept on and on trying to get opinions on this topic, and speculated how far you could go before you could be called racist.

Here's the chat quote.

-----------------------
Which begs the question, how long can you harp on a question about race before it makes you racist?

I mean I'm fine either way with someone of middle eastern (or any other) ancestry saying they want their own race category or don't because it will lead to people making assumptions about them that they don't think are fair or true.

I don't understand a campaign to make everyone have an opinion when most of us have the opinion of we don't really care.
-----------------------------------
(Name withheld because I don't know if the person who said this wants a name attached.)

Sep 17, 2022
Whoa... Flashback time. Somebody in chat commented about how you kept on and on trying to get opinions on this topic, and speculated how far you could go before you could be called racist.

Here's the chat quote.

-----------------------
Which begs the question, how long can you harp on a question about race before it makes you racist?

I mean I'm fine either way with someone of middle eastern (or any other) ancestry saying they want their own race category or don't because it will lead to people making assumptions about them that they don't think are fair or true.

I don't understand a campaign to make everyone have an opinion when most of us have the opinion of we don't really care.
-----------------------------------
(Name withheld because I don't know if the person who said this wants a name attached.)
I never entered the chat rooms, but thanks for telling.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Cinder what countries have you been to?
This makes me wish I was geeky enough to create a sound filter so I could play the anamaniacs countries song and have it just say the countries I've been too. But the count is up to 20 something on every continent except antarctica and south america (honduras is the farthest south I've been in the western hemisphere) and I was in New Zealand but not Australia proper.

My longest total time would be Vietnam, New Zeland, Mexico, and Scotland in that order I believe. After that I'd measure my time in country by weeks not months or years. Most of that traveling was with Youth with a Mission.

Sep 17, 2022
This makes me wish I was geeky enough to create a sound filter so I could play the anamaniacs countries song and have it just say the countries I've been too. But the count is up to 20 something on every continent except antarctica and south america (honduras is the farthest south I've been in the western hemisphere) and I was in New Zealand but not Australia proper.

My longest total time would be Vietnam, New Zeland, Mexico, and Scotland in that order I believe. After that I'd measure my time in country by weeks not months or years. Most of that traveling was with Youth with a Mission.
Have you been to any country in the Middle East or North Africa?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Have you been to any country in the Middle East or North Africa?
Yes a few. But what difference does that make? We've already established that they don't think in the same racial categories as Americans and your concern has to do with the racial distinctions made on the American census. And it's pretty clear you don't take the american census as authoritive since you're asking for other opinions.

I can only assume that the motive behind this discussion is either a personal search for your identity or a desire to be accepted and seen as just as normal as the next person.

Google is not an unbiased source.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
His race is very controversial? We must travel in different circles.
Never heard anyone accused of those things for not believing that.
So far you seem to be the only one making a controversy of it. No one else here seems too concerned about his race.
I've heard the controversy. It usually comes from those who decry white privilege.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
Just a reminder you are all diverting from the topic I was intending to be discussed here.

Read again the OP please.
A thread derailed? Oh no that never happens here!

(Says a regular offender ;) )

Live4Him3

Jesus is Lord
May 19, 2022
Just a reminder you are all diverting from the topic I was intending to be discussed here.

Read again the OP please.
Your intended topic was an alleged controversy concerning the color of Jesus' skin during his incarnation.

Again, WHO CARES?!?

Many years ago, I was introduced to a "black" brother out here in Pennsylvania.

He gave me a tract that he liked to distribute.

On the front of the tract, it said:

"So, you believe that Jesus was black...?"

On the inside of the tract, it said:

"Now, what about your sin?"

On the back of the tract, it laid out the plan of salvation through faith in Christ's atoning work on our behalves.

The color of Jesus' skin is only controversial to RACISTS.

It is of no real importance at all to anybody else, nor should it be.