Are permanent national governments allowed under the law of Moses?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan_473

Mar 11, 2014

And if so, and again according to the law of Moses, are government taxes legitimate transfers of money, or are they theft?

(((Some things that I'm NOT asking:
Should Christians keep the law.
Are national governments like the Roman empire or the US government allowed by the New Testament.)))

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
i think they are allowed if any nation was to implement it. they can.

i think taxes are legimite there but they have to be a flat tithe in money i say. so everyone gets the same tax rate. the tax money would have to be used to support the sick, elderly, crippled who cant work. not those ablebodied who can work and refuse to

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The Law of Moses pertained only to Israel.

Israel was supposed to be a theocracy, with God as King, and no human kings. But Israel rebelled against that, and brought disaster upon themselves. Eventually they rejected their King/Messiah Jesus of Nazareth and were dispersed to the far corners of the earth.

As to other nations, God allows all nations to have governments and function as governments. In ancients times kings ruled over their kingdoms, but today you have either dictators or despots, and if not that, then a perversion of democracy. The New Testament commands us to pay taxes when taxes are due.

As to *permanent*, no government is permanent, and there is no point is discussing permanency.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI

And if so, and again according to the law of Moses, are government taxes legitimate transfers of money, or are they theft?

Are national governments like the Roman empire or the US government allowed by the New Testament.)))
The Laws of Moses are addressed to only Israel. Romans 14 says yes.

Exodus 20 Good News Translation (GNT)
The Ten Commandments
20 God spoke, and these were his words: 2 “I am the Lord your God who brought you out of Egypt, where you were slaves.

3 “Worship no god but me.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019

Again, there is only one question in politics. How do you stop corruption? If there was no corruption, Government Law would only have two laws; Love your God and Love your Neighbour.

It is pretty obvious if they do neither. If any party or leader is corrupt the whole system is rotten. Having said that, I feel sorry for some world leaders. After all, we can all criticise leaders - but if you were asked to run India for instance - how on earth would you begin?

God knows.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Having said that, I feel sorry for some world leaders. After all, we can all criticise leaders - but if you were asked to run India for instance - how on earth would you begin?
India could have been the most advanced country in Asia by now. But over the decades since independence, the politicians became self-serving, and chose to take the country backwards, instead of forwards. Then again, the Hindu religion itself if the greatest detriment to India. So they take one step forward and ten steps back.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Israel was a theocracy, that is a nation assumed to be founded by and gov erned by God by way of the Levitical priesthood. So the response to your opening question is no.

That Israel failed, as you must already know,however the Israel of God, the one to which we all are no fellow heirs is eternal.

PS

Jan 11, 2013
The law of Moses is of no concern to the rest of the world.