Are there prophets today, or just profits?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 7, 2016
Heard, from someone one time.

Hey what's a good way to make some money?

Build a church, the man replied.

Also, Jesus Christ was the last, and greatest prophet ever to walk among the land, also He was the Son of God, Son of Man, Son of David, Lord and Saviour, Redeemer.

Oh how great though is the name of our Lord Jesus Christ! :)

Feb 28, 2016
'Both'....................................

Aug 7, 2016
'Both'....................................
You are right oldethenew brother.

The verse says in 1 Corinthians 14: 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 3 But he who prophesies speaks to men for their edification , encouragement, and comfort. 4 The one who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The one who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but the one who prophesies edifies the church
So then Christians must ask themselves: Were spiritual gifts given to edify the churches, or for self-edification? And that is exactly why Paul would rather speak five words of prophecy than 10,000 words in tongues.

Aug 7, 2016
So then Christians must ask themselves: Were spiritual gifts given to edify the churches, or for self-edification? And that is exactly why Paul would rather speak five words of prophecy than 10,000 words in tongues.
Brother Nehemiah6 :)

Since people are the church, whom are believers in Christ Jesus. There are many different parts, all one body.

1 Corinthians 14: 2 For he who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men, but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries in the Spirit. 3 But he who prophesies speaks to men for their edification , encouragement, and comfort. 4 The one who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.

Anyone who prophesies speaks to others for their edification, encouragement, and comfort.

The one who speaks to in a tongue edifies Himself, does them any anyone who speaks in tongue isn't talking to men but to God, and we can gain encouragement, and comfort in talking to God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and reading the Word of God.

Then it says the one who prophesies edifies the church. So one who talks to others who are believers/nonbelievers in Jesus Christ, who prophesies edifies others, in encouragement, and comfort.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
I know this is a little controvertial, but I think some of the popular songs from the 60's and 70's have prophesy.
Example: the song, "Teenage Wasteland" by the "The Who".
While the official story is that the song is about a couple of teenagers (one of whom is named Sally) traveling around in some apocalyptic future, the rest of the lyrics make the official story inept at best.
In comparrison to the official version of the story, teenage wasteland, seems to me to describe what is going on today in the 20-teens, to Earths environment from industry, which is causing much of the chaos currently ensuing throughout much of the Middle East, especially Syria, where many have been in Exodus for some years now.

Here are three definitions for sally from Merriam Webster dictionary:

[FONT=&quot]1: an action of rushing or bursting forth; especially : a sortie of troops from a defensive position to attack the enemy
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]2a : a brief outbreak : outburst

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]3: a venture or excursion usually off the beaten track : jaunt
[/FONT]

Mar 28, 2016
LOL "Teenage Wasteland" reminded me a verse...

Ecclesiastes 11:10 Therefore remove sorrow from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh: for childhood and youth are vanity.

It’s like Sebastian the Crab said in the "Little Mermaid". (I am in the process of raising 5 girls as women today. (they keep finding my wife and I). Sebastian said “Teenagers they think they know everything”. Or another person said. Get them to leave home before they forget everything. Or do not argue with a young one or they will beat you will experience.

I am still trying to put away the childish things that my wife reminds me of. .( its ageless )

actionsub

Mar 23, 2017
Branham was a leader in the latter rain movement which is the NAR movement today. He also started the UPC and denied the Trinity. Hagin was and WOF followers are latter rain domionionists too. The Assemblies of God rightly denounced the latter rain movement as heresy.
Branham had nothing to do with starting the UPC; they were a well-established group by the time he came along. The UPC are the ones who really sent Branham doctrinally over the edge.