Are there single Christian girls in Finland ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 29, 2021
brother you Don’t need to do anything to impress a girl. they would probably be into you, but I believe that yhis can be your goal, instead of trying to be someone impressive to her, try to be someone who can help her too, not to just absorb her “love”. be someone who can be a blessing to her as cinder said. Instead of impressing her, be someone who can be loving her like Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her. The reason we say draw near to Christ. is because 1 you definitely need a better relationship with Christ, 2. Is because you can’t love the girl if you don’t draw near to Christ, you can’t manage her, or be an example to others, and be helping others with their own issues. the reason why we can’t help a lot is also because we are here online which makes it harder, but you can go to church instead of going there to find a girl, go there to get advice or get advice from your parents, and you can go there for you need to be having a better relationship with God. a girl isn’t God, who will satisfy you with her love. But God’s love is better than life as David said, and it is impossible to understand too great to understand, it is perfect. So what type of doubts do you get? In drawing close to Christ? Its the first thing you should do. The answer to how is simple, you dont need all the answers but you have the Bible, search the Bible on what it says about marriage, but first get to know God more. Pray, which means communication, a talk, a sincere talk with God, then worship, which means Praising God, for the things He has done and who He is. Be in the church with believers, which means to not being lonely, but learning about God, being encouraged, prayed for, whom you worship with, and a place to get strenghtened, the Bible has all the answers you need. Brother and don’t be like there is a high statistical chance that I won’t find one, what did God say to Elijah? “Yet I will preserve 7,000 others in Israel who have never bowed down to Baal or kissed him!” its a little out of context but you have gotten the point, me and you don’t know all the girls in Finland, but there is definitely one that can be attracted to you, and you too Being attracted to her. and dont worry, you don’t know what you will do or be or where you’ll be tomorrow, so focus on havijg a better relationship with God today, you Don’t know what you will be or how things will be In even the next 5 seconds, so don’t worry about a girl, yes you are lonely, and it is hard, but you have brothers and sisters and a church to go, and also most importantly God so be around community get advice, and don’t worry. Things will go well, but you need a better relationship with God.
don’t idolize a girl, than who she normally is,

Jun 29, 2021
brother you Don’t need to do anything to impress a girl. they would probably be into you.This can be your goal:instead of trying to be someone impressive to her, try to be someone who can help her too, not to just absorb her “love”. be someone who can be a blessing to her as cinder said. Instead of impressing her, be someone who can be loving her like Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her. Be A good husband.The reason we say draw near to Christ. is because 1 you definitely need a better relationship with Christ, 2. Is because you can’t love the girl if you don’t draw near to Christ, you can’t manage her, or be an example to others, and be helping others with their own issues. the reason why we can’t help a lot is also because we are here online which makes it harder, but you can go to church instead of going there to find a girl, go there to get advice or get advice from your parents, and you can go there for you need to be having a better relationship with God. a girl isn’t God, who will satisfy you with her love. But God’s love is better than life as David said, and it is impossible to understand too great to understand, it is perfect. So what type of doubts do you get? In drawing close to Christ? the first thing you must do Is draw to near to Christ. The answer on how to is simple, you dont need all the answers but you have the Bible, search the Bible on what it says about marriage, but first get to know God more by reading scripture and listen to the Good News. Pray, which means communication, a talk, a sincere talk with God, then worship, which means Praising God, for the things He has done and who He is. Be in the church with believers, which means to not being lonely, but learning about God, being encouraged, prayed for, whom you worship with, and a place to get strenghtened, the Bible has all the answers you need. Brother and don’t be like there is a high statistical chance that I won’t find one, what did God say to Elijah? “Yet I will preserve 7,000 others in Israel who have never bowed down to Baal or kissed him!” its a little out of context but you have gotten the point, me and you don’t know all the girls in Finland, but there is definitely one that can be attracted to you, and you too Being attracted to her. and dont worry, you don’t know what you will do or be or where you’ll be tomorrow, so focus on havijg a better relationship with God today, you Don’t know what you will be or how things will be In even the next 5 seconds, so don’t worry about a girl, yes you are lonely, and it is hard, but you have brothers and sisters and a church to go, and also most importantly God so be around community get advice, and don’t worry. Things will go well, but you need a better relationship with God.
don’t idolize a girl, than who she normally is,

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
Ok, I have left for a while to rethink again of this.

Yes, Im sure marriage is a serious decision and I should not marry just as an attempt to cure my own emptiness. But I never meant this, actually. This was a misunderstanding. What I look desperately for is courtship, not marriage. What I seek most is spending my time with a girl. Doing things together. For example, solving a sudoku with her would be exciting. Or drawing ourselves. Or reading a Bible verse together. Or just drinking some orange juice. I dont need her to hug me all the time. The mere fact of being near her is a great pleasure and stress relaxer for me. I dont need her to nude herself in front of me. Well, I would be very comfortable if she didnt want me to see her in underwear. Her face and heart is enough to satisfy me. And satisfying her makes me even more satisfied with myself. I would be very comfortable if she didnt like long kisses. I would be very comfortable if she allergically hated being touched in the legs. This increases her attractiveness, in fact. I feel more attracted to girls who cover their entire body with a blanket everytime I appear, than to girls who would have no problem in being topless in front of me. Modesty is beautiful !

Encouragement

Aug 25, 2020
Ok, I have left for a while to rethink again of this.

Yes, Im sure marriage is a serious decision and I should not marry just as an attempt to cure my own emptiness. But I never meant this, actually. This was a misunderstanding. What I look desperately for is courtship, not marriage. What I seek most is spending my time with a girl. Doing things together. For example, solving a sudoku with her would be exciting. Or drawing ourselves. Or reading a Bible verse together. Or just drinking some orange juice. I dont need her to hug me all the time. The mere fact of being near her is a great pleasure and stress relaxer for me. I dont need her to nude herself in front of me. Well, I would be very comfortable if she didnt want me to see her in underwear. Her face and heart is enough to satisfy me. And satisfying her makes me even more satisfied with myself. I would be very comfortable if she didnt like long kisses. I would be very comfortable if she allergically hated being touched in the legs. This increases her attractiveness, in fact. I feel more attracted to girls who cover their entire body with a blanket everytime I appear, than to girls who would have no problem in being topless in front of me. Modesty is beautiful !
Why would any committed Christian female ever want you to even see her in her underwear yet alone in the nude...and even be touching her legs?🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️It wouldn't even be a matter of you being comfortable if she didn't coz how you feel about it is irrelevant...it more about being holy and honouring the lord.Same for long kissing too...kinda a no brainer really in terms living for God..
Plus you did say you wanted a truly committed Christian right..so such things shouldn't even be on the radar for both of you..
Maybe you haven't met many truly committed Christian females to know what the general moral standards are in that regard...they are in no way like that of a non beliver.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
Why would any committed Christian female ever want you to even see her in her underwear yet alone in the nude...and even be touching her legs?🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️It wouldn't even be a matter of you being comfortable if she didn't coz how you feel about it is irrelevant...it more about being holy and honouring the lord.Same for long kissing too...kinda a no brainer really in terms living for God..
Plus you did say you wanted a truly committed Christian right..so such things shouldn't even be on the radar for both of you..
Maybe you haven't met many truly committed Christian females to know what the general moral standards are in that regard...they are in no way like that of a non beliver.
This is why I said this.

Jul 20, 2021
I sometimes feel like there are none. Religion is a thing of the elderly here. Its impossible to find a young girl of God here. Its impossible. Finland is one of the worlds most secularized countries and it only seems to be getting worse. Its hopeless. I will very probably die alone and depressed. But I really wish to have a good lovable wife. Im so full of passion. But I will have to accept this will likely stay a dream forever.

I have searched hard everywhere since college. A good couple of years. But never found ONE girl of my interest. Not a single one. Im not lying.

Churches here are nearly empty and there are only old people. Finland has the lowest church attendance rate in Europe. I always felt like I was the youngest person. I only remember a time when I talked with a guy younger than me. He was 26. We were first talking about religious stuff but somehow the topic of relationships appeared and he told me he was single too and never had a relationship with a girl. He had the same problems than me. He couldnt find a good Christian girl to start a relationship with. I also heard several guys in their thirties, forties and fifties with similar complaints. It seems singledom is pretty common among Christian and especially churchgoing guys here. Maybe the most affected demography in this aspect. Theres an huge shortage of Christian girls in Finland. Living as a devout Christian guy is worse than living as a disabled guy in Finland.

Another point is the rampant levels of sexual immorality here. Girls and boys losing virginity at 12 and girls having abortions at 14. Adultery destroying even the most religious and stable marriages. Heres the example of my uncle who has had a very happy marriage with four children for almost 25 years. Until he found out his wife had been cheating on him for years with a Somali guy she met in a dating site. She then accused falsely my uncle of going to nightclubs and soon they started to fight all the time, sometimes with violence. She even tried to kidnap the children, and one of the daughters attempted suicide. Now they are divorced and the lives of my uncle and my cousins ruined. This happened already long ago so it must be even worse today. My college was a literal brothel. Everyone sleeping with everyone. Really disgusting. I remember once entering toilet and suddenly noticing heavy breaths and movements coming from the other side of the room. I felt so embarassed. The noise clearly sounded like sex and stopped when I started to pee. I spent the rest of day thinking in what I heard in toilet. I remained silent about it and never told anything to anyone because I feared the guy would take revenge against me. Apparently the girl had a boyfriend judging by the voice I heard, but the guys voice was different from her boyfriends voice, so I caught her cheating ! Insane. But nothing strange as a survey named Finland as the most promiscuous country in the world. Yes, number 1 ! And worse, it seems the girls are even more so than the guys. In college I heard more guys complaining about their girlfriends infidelity than the reverse. What do you expect with Netflix series literally telling – im not lying – literally telling girls to cheat and have sex with all the classroom ? “Sleep with everyone, boys girls xyz, cheat on your husband or boyfriend, he deserves it, otherwise you are a sober prudish fascist puritan who fears her own body” This is the message girls get from TV and social media all the time. And worst of all, theres no strong church or norms capable of fighting this degeneracy. Just sewage.

While theres not much I can do, I really wish to make my dream a reality. But I know its highly unlikely. I sometimes think I need some Christian help and advice because I find myself sometimes doubting my own faith. Its hard for me to accept this but, my mental health is not very good. Or maybe just my way of being, who knows. But I need help. I just cant with this, I cant. I cant with this anymore. Please help. Help. Thank you. Kauko.
Hi Kauko! I am a new member on CC and I saw your post. I have had a lot of moments when I felt completely desperate about the secularized state of the world, not just Finland. I am originally from Romania and the situation is very difficult there too, and I have family in Luxembourg where it is even worse. Teenagers go to school with vodka in their school bags (which I very much expect happens in Finland too given the rates of alcoholism to be honest) and so many other atrocities. The Lord blessed me with a lot of international experience, I studied in the U.S. for my Bachelor's and the depravity there is also very rampant and well-known. But there are also more faithful communities than in Europe, I feel like, but that is just my experience. I sometimes wonder where my place in this world is, but then I remember that we are called to be lights among the crooked generation that we live in (Philippians 2:15). It is always a great encouragement to remember that Jesus overcame the world. We live in a fallen world and that always comes with a lot of challenges and suffering, but we can be lights and what an honor it is that the Lord allows us, and more than that, desires us, to participate in the betterment of the world.

This also reminds me of Matthew 5:13: “ you are the salt of the earth.” Jesus wants His followers to hold back the evil over the world, just as salt slows down decay in meat. He wants us to play a part in the redemption and renewal of the world and to help heal it. And we can only do that if He increases in us, and we decrease (as in our desires and selfishness and wanting to do things our way). So when I get angry about the state of the world, I remember Jesus overcame it and that I can be a tool in His mighty hands to leave it a better place, I can use that energy to let Him increase in my heart and lead me to walk steadfastly on His narrow path. So take heart, friend!:) He is in control.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
Hi Kauko! I am a new member on CC and I saw your post. I have had a lot of moments when I felt completely desperate about the secularized state of the world, not just Finland. I am originally from Romania and the situation is very difficult there too, and I have family in Luxembourg where it is even worse. Teenagers go to school with vodka in their school bags (which I very much expect happens in Finland too given the rates of alcoholism to be honest) and so many other atrocities. The Lord blessed me with a lot of international experience, I studied in the U.S. for my Bachelor's and the depravity there is also very rampant and well-known. But there are also more faithful communities than in Europe, I feel like, but that is just my experience
How difficult ? Just curious.

All of the countries you mentioned are less secularized than Finland. I dont know about Luxembourg, but Romania was said to be the most religious country in Europe, ahead of US too (over 90% of the population). Maybe a bit lower but must still score way above Finland where its less than a half. Could you tell me about the depravity you have seen in each place, so that I could analyze whats the situation in Finland like compared to other countries ?

I still think Finland is the worst of the group.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
In fact, a study found that among young European females aged 18-27 from 30 countries, the Finnish were the least religious.

Only 19% of Finnish girls considered themselves religious. The median for Europe was 58% !

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you look hard enough you will find evidence that your situation is unique and terrible, above and beyond anybody else's situation.

I can "prove" that my situation is worse than yours. You will not believe me, because you are stuck on thinking your situation is worse than anybody else's, so you will not admit my situation is worse. But I can prove it enough to myself that it will get me depressed. Just like you are getting yourself depressed.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
How difficult ? Just curious.

All of the countries you mentioned are less secularized than Finland. I dont know about Luxembourg, but Romania was said to be the most religious country in Europe, ahead of US too (over 90% of the population). Maybe a bit lower but must still score way above Finland where its less than a half. Could you tell me about the depravity you have seen in each place, so that I could analyze whats the situation in Finland like compared to other countries ?

I still think Finland is the worst of the group.
Kind of an odd way to introduce yourself to a young single Christian girl who lives in Finland. Most curious.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
Kind of an odd way to introduce yourself to a young Christian woman who lives in Finland.
But is not from Finland.

Oh, and she lives in Turku, which is more than 530 km from where I live.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
But is not from Finland.

Oh, and she lives in Turku, which is more than 530 km from where I live.
I believe that she is 23 years old too, well within your desired age range. What's 530 km, like 250 miles? Maybe there just isn't any single Christian girls that live on your block.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
I believe that she is 23 years old too, well within your desired age range. What's 530 km, like 250 miles? Maybe there just isn't any single Christian girls that live on your block.
But how would I meet her ? Driving from one part of the country to the other just to meet a girl I havent even seen ?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
But how would I meet her ? Driving from one part of the country to the other just to meet a girl I dont know and havent even seen her face ?
Well, you could eventually exchange pics. It's really just a short drive. I met my wife on this site and that is what I did. From her introductory thread she wrote a very interesting OP about herself.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
Well, you could eventually exchange pics. It's really just a short drive. I met my wife on this site and that is what I did. From her introductory thread she wrote a very interesting OP about herself.
Is this the last time I need to say I dont want online dating ?

Short drive LOL. Would you do such distance twice a day ?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Is this the last time I need to say I dont want online dating ?
I would have to say then that your OP is disingenuous because you seem unwilling or incapable of even trying to find a single Christian girl that lives in Finland. You can meet someone online but the actual dating will be in person. The online part is only the introductory process, if you want to actually date then your going to have to calculate the risks, shake the dice and then let 'em roll. Years ago on this site there was this guy who complained about being single but then was unwilling to even drive 45 minutes to meet a single woman who was interested in him. Unreal.

Kauko

Jul 14, 2021
I would have to say then that your OP is disingenuous because you seem unwilling or incapable of even trying to find a single Christian girl that lives in Finland. You can meet someone online but the actual dating will be in person. The online part is only the introductory process, if you want to actually date then your going to have to calculate the risks, shake the dice and then let 'em roll. Years ago on this site there was this guy who complained about being single but then was unwilling to even drive 45 minutes to meet a single woman who was interested in him. Unreal.
And what if this girl doesnt accept the offer ?