Are we devolving into a two class system?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
What is middle class? It's some random figure that depends on your location. in Oklahoma minimum wage is $7.25 an hour and the average family income where I live is $47,000 per household, gross That requires two working adults in most cases. That's before taxes and deductions. The average home price is $121,000. Most companies don't include medical benefits and the schools, police and fire departments that do are union, that's hard to find now. Let's not forget kids are expensive. Do we really want schools raising our kids? Employees in Lawton, Oklahoma make an average salary of $35,058.. per year. Not all family's have two full time working parents.

Are we devolving into a two class system?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Greetings CB...…… It is down to the haves and the have-nots………...just about.

The only remaining middle class are people who have jobs and those as I, retired on a pension with savings. Those latter are not safe from that devolvement not at all with how the banks and other businesses have come to conduct themselves.……….for me they are more a mafia than true businessmen. Just what I think, and I also believe I see the angels preparing to be sent for us………..All love in Yeshua...ja

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Greetings CB...…… It is down to the haves and the have-nots………...just about.

The only remaining middle class are people who have jobs and those as I, retired on a pension with savings. Those latter are not safe from that devolvement not at all with how the banks and other businesses have come to conduct themselves.……….for me they are more a mafia than true businessmen. Just what I think, and I also believe I see the angels preparing to be sent for us………..All love in Yeshua...ja
I have a name for them. Banksters! They don't break legs. They take homes instead and they are backed by the government while tax payers foot the bill when they get their money crossed up, Thank you for sharing.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Not sure who you mean by 'we' but the rich are getting richer and the poor seem to be getting poorer. The middlemen seem to be the bank.
I think because of the disprotportianate number of baby boomers, who were looked after by successive govts from cradle to grave, no other section of society has ever been so priveliged to access free education, health and superannuation.

Everyone else is paying for them.

In some countries, class, or caste is determined by not so much how much you earn but by the type of accent you have - the way you speak and values you live by. In general middle class are the most stable, more likely to own their own homes (whether paid for or inherited) but as house prices rise and fall its kind of in flux. They generally have professional jobs and dont work with their hands. They could afford to send their children to private school, have insurance and look down their noses at people on welfare.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I guess I'm lamenting the days when a grocery clerk or a forklift driver could afford a 3 bedroom house and a low mileage used car support a wife, two kids and retire at 65. That's the kind of economic system I want to live in. It's the kind my father lived in and what the new deal did for his and the next generation. (My father was 40 years older than me.) I joined the military for the health and educational benefits, so did my son and grandson and I'm glad

They generally have professional jobs and dont work with their hands. They could afford to send their children to private school, have insurance and look down their noses at people on welfare.
I don't consider them middle class.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think people need to get over class wars because my generation know its never going to be like how it was for my parents generation.

Sep 22, 2019
People in the UK are obsessed with class, which is reality pretty much self inflicted. In reality it's a device to divide people and set them against each other.
I've seen it weaponised against everything important or wholesome, and I urge you not to fall for it.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Definitely. Where I live a townhouse is an average $600,000 and a stand alone home is closer to a million. I am 45 minutes out from the city! My son is in the last half of university and his chance of owning a home is incredibly small. He and his schoolmates are in trouble.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Definitely. Where I live a townhouse is an average $600,000 and a stand alone home is closer to a million. I am 45 minutes out from the city! My son is in the last half of university and his chance of owning a home is incredibly small. He and his schoolmates are in trouble.
The prospects for the following generations is distressing at best. I pray your son and all children everywhere manage to overcome the obstacles sset out by wicked men. All love in Jesus, Yeshusa....God bless you……..j