Are women allowed to Preach?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lytee
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
It is part of the curse.


Genesis 3:16: "To the woman he said, “I will surely multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children. Your desire shall be contrary to your husband, but he shall rule over you.”"
I'm redeemed from the curse through the blood of The Lamb.

I haven't seen that rendering before "contrary to your husband" which translation is that?
 
Really ??? ... What are those last 5 words again ? ... "he shall rule over you" ... What would you suggest that this means ?
It means what it says - a HUSBAND has control of his WIFE, NOT men rule over women!!!!!
Try reading the passage...
 
I'm not attempting to mediate anything here ... I have given you scripture you can look at for yourself to see what is true and what is false ... You can also read it for yourself in the Bible, there is no need for any mediator ...
 

Yes, I think a bell would be good...

I do it with my own cat to warn off the birds and I care more for women than I do birds.
 
It means what it says - a HUSBAND has control of his WIFE, NOT men rule over women!!!!!
Try reading the passage...

What does it mean when it says "man is head of woman" ? ... That verse has no mention of any husband at all ...
 
No use in debating this subject any further ... The Bible has spoken for itself ... Some simply refuse to believe or accept it ...
 
What does it mean when it says "man is head of woman" ? ... That verse has no mention of any husband at all ...
From Deade's post: "[FONT=&quot]Your desire shall be contrary to your [/FONT][FONT=&quot]husband[/FONT][FONT=&quot], but [/FONT][FONT=&quot]he[/FONT][FONT=&quot] shall rule over you.[/FONT]" Gen 3:16

Clearly, you are unable to read and unable to comprehend simple English...
 
What does it mean when it says "man is head of woman" ? ... That verse has no mention of any husband at all ...

Again, you're missing the article. Because the article is present, there are only two possible contexts: marriage and parenthood.
 
But when a man (2 men now actually) begin to tell ANY person that they are the mediator between them and God, and that women are not included in the one mediator verse, I have 2 choices.
1. Report them, which is to be a nuisance to the mods or
2. Answer a fool IN his folly.

I choose #2, just as I did in the other ridiculous thread. So...

Yap, yap, yap!
Sounds like a pope, being that they have assigned themselves the role of God on earth.

In 1302 Pope Boniface said this in a letter to the Catholic Church:

Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff.

Pope Leo XIII said this about the role of the Papacy and the Roman Church:

We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty...
​
 
Sounds like a pope, being that they have assigned themselves the role of God on earth.

In 1302 Pope Boniface said this in a letter to the Catholic Church:

Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff.

Pope Leo XIII said this about the role of the Papacy and the Roman Church:

We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty...
​

I agree. That's what it sounded like to me too, when I posted post #334.