I have always maintained that Ruckman, Riplinger etc...
As usual you're disingenuous. You do adhere to some of their false, absurd tenets and teachings. You learned this either directly from them, or, second hand. You know it, and that's a fact.
I have always maintained that Ruckman, Riplinger etc...
You were not trained in the way I was trained in the word because you are sitting and arguing the word. Your Bible tells you one thing, yet you sit and believe something totally different.
1 cor was written to ONE church which was to take care of certain issues in that church, and any other churches which may have that issue.
my church does not have that issue,
Show me, in the Bible, where Paul said it was to apply to only one church. Show me that verse please. It is the BIBLE'S words that are correct, not what you have been told.
You have been deceived by your teachers. Open your BIBLE to Corinthians 14:34 and actually read what it says.
"The Law" can mean many things depending on the context -- anywhere from all of Scripture to just the Ten Commandments. Most commentators believe that Paul is referring to Genesis 3:16 which generically states that men will rule over women (Adam to rule over Eve).
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
So Paul was talking about rabbinic law and not the law of Moses?
Read whatever Bible you choose. 1 Corinthians 14:34-14:35 and tell me exactly what it says.
cool your jets there dude
you are so busy making smoke and sending out flares for your failing interpretations that your anger is getting the best of you
I don't take orders from you and neither does anyone else here
I understand your personality type must be da boss of everyone so tell yourself that is who you are cause no one else is going to
perhaps that will give some peace of mind
so glad you found something you can get so upset about
so should we concur you are simply self taught or is there some other institution to blame your anger on?
Church, law, and society
Paul has already indicated that women can pray and prophesy in church (chapter 11), and a worship service includes two or three people prophesying in turn (14:29-32). This means that it is permissible for women to have formal speaking roles in the church. Paul was apparently forbidding some other type of speech. Just as he did not allow tongue-speakers or prophets to speak out of turn, he did not want women to speak out of turn, saying things in such a way that they were breaking social customs about what is appropriate.
Paul appealed to church custom, the law, and cultural expectations; we will consider how each of these is relevant to the problem that Paul is dealing with.
I am pretty sure that Mr disciple will not bother with this pretty good explanation of the verses he so politely asked me to consider
but anyone can read it, so hopefully context, customs and common sense will prevail just the same
and I especially like the fact that Paul told others to keep silent also...not just women
that would easily go towards identifying the actual problem in the church which was not women, but some chaos and disorder
there is plenty more to this article, but that is prob enough for now considering it will be ignored by certain men here anyway![]()
or I can understand paul wrote a letter to a specific church, which had specific problems, and i can look as to why paul said what he did.
i can see God bless our church whether men or woman speak up (we open every message to questions from anyone)and wonder (like i used to when i was like you) why god is not punishing my church for its sin.
your the one who has been misled my friend. I came out of my prison, will you?
You're similar to an anti-Semite who enjoys pulling up all the verses about the punishment of Israel and rubbing them in the faces of Jews."The Law" can mean many things depending on the context -- anywhere from all of Scripture to just the Ten Commandments. Most commentators believe that Paul is referring to Genesis 3:16 which generically states that men will rule over women (Adam to rule over Eve).
Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.
Strong's Concordance
mashal: to rule, have dominion, reignOriginal Word: מָשַׁל
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: mashal
Phonetic Spelling: (maw-shal')
Short Definition: rule
Brown-Driver-Briggs
III. מָשַׁל verb rule, have dominion, reign(Late Hebrew Participle id.; Phoenician משל); —
1 human subject, rule, have dominion over (בְּ) Genesis 3:16; Genesis 4:7; Genesis 24:2 (all J),Genesis 45:8,26
If I have offended anyone, then I apologize. For I have only brought you the "true word" in an effort to help you.