POTLUCK dinners........HAHAHHAHAHHA you know I am joking so do not pick up that 357 HAHAH
Well you are here what a week? Perhaps you could exercise a little wisdom and get more acquainted with the group before you set yourself in opposition to everything.I never once stated a woman could not lead a soul to Christ ... Did you not hear me say women are just as valuable to God and society as men are ... No, you only hear what you want to hear and you block everything else out because you prefer to argue about something ...

I have a bad experience with women when they mock the Bible and blatantly disregard scripture ... Any Christian should have a problem with that and stand up for what the Bible says ... If people can't stand up for what it says then what are they doing calling themselves Christian ? ... If these people would just listen, they could actually receive some help, but they are too rebellious to even let anyone help them ...
*Pinch
[video=youtube;QRTu6kG6uIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRTu6kG6uIU[/video]
We had one last Sunday and it was terrific. Too much food and it seems that I always over eat. My wife made pulled pork and one old time member brought sausage in sauerkraut. Dessert table is always over the top and least healthy stuff but wow our ladies can cook. Somebody brought salad probably my daughter because she doesn't eat meat.Oh my gosh I went to my first potluck dinner ever at a church. The food was very awful. Is that normal? I'm not a picky eater actually but my goodness was it dry and bad and...very sugary. Maybe there is something to the adage that too many cooks ruin the pot...
Church beans are great.Btw, I wasn't trying to derail this thread by asking for brisket recipe suggestions. I only noticed how everyone got so worked up in here, I figured by now everyone was getting pretty hungry and could use a break from the tumult and I could get their attention with a photo of yummy brisket, thereby obtaining maybe a few good recipes from y'all....
And while we're at it, how about you pm me your barbecue baked beans recipes, too? Thanks!
View attachment 179972
Carry on.![]()
We had one last Sunday and it was terrific. Too much food and it seems that I always over eat. My wife made pulled pork and one old time member brought sausage in sauerkraut. Dessert table is always over the top and least healthy stuff but wow our ladies can cook. Somebody brought salad probably my daughter because she doesn't eat meat.
We will have another soon as we use the fifth Sunday of the month as our potluck dinner dates. Some of our ladies are living on farms so cooking is a skill passed down to them by their family traditions.
For the cause of Christ
Roger
Now that he is gone, I want to ask a serious question of Melita. Please tell me what I could have handled better. I will not be offended or embarrassed and would appreciate your thoughts.
Aww maaann...I have finally found a church I can attend and I have to get the one with bad food...
They are so wonderful and warm and caring that I can do without good food.![]()
Now that he is gone, I want to ask a serious question of Melita. Please tell me what I could have handled better. I will not be offended or embarrassed and would appreciate your thoughts.
Now that he is gone, I want to ask a serious question of Melita. Please tell me what I could have handled better. I will not be offended or embarrassed and would appreciate your thoughts.
Armies travel on their stomachs so I guess the same could be true for the church.Our great cooks, bakers and pie makers are rapidly going on to be with the Lord. Our younger groups have different taste buds, so the cuisine is changing. Still the food is great, and the fellowship is always special.
We have our pot lucks in conjunction with our weekly community ministry, once ever four Wednesdays.
Nobody has any business preaching or teaching if their attitude doesn’t reflect the meek and gracious attitude and behavior of the Lord Jesus.
The Good News is that God holds nothing against you because of Christ. That reality is far more real than the illusions you’re arguing about. God’s Truth can only be heard with spiritual ears and only seen when your eyes are on Christ.