Are women allowed to Preach?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Someday God is going to reveal the truth to you people of the true importance in following His word exactly and leaving your earthly views behind. For now, you do not know it.
This ^^^ is not Scripture. Rather, it is condemnation and has nothing to do with Scripture. It's completely unnecessary.

CS1

May 23, 2012
His truth. God's truth.

You need someone to teach you because you will not listen to His word on your own. Someday you will find out that following your own mind was not nearly as good of an idea as you had thought.

rev Jim Jones said the samething just before they drank the coolaid

CS1

May 23, 2012
Are women allowed to prophecies in church?

Does that count as speaking?

How is that different than preaching?

If it's an issue of authority, shouldn't we all answer to Christ Jesus who is our Head?

Are women allowed to teach and preach to children?

Do children of God count or is it only physical age?
they are the same both done under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit .

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Thanks for the rep. You know who you are. :)

L

loyaldisciple

Ok well please excuse us if we do not kiss your ring lol
Your sarcasm proves you are not being guided by the Spirit of truth. Just as it does for many others on this site. Insults and sarcasm are a great way for you to receive your "likes" on this site. However, those giving you those "likes" are not the one you will be standing before on judgment day. You would be wise to begin pleasing Him, and forget about everything else.

L

loyaldisciple

they are the same both done under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit .
You have proven by your fruits in just the last few postings that you know very little of the Holy Spirit.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
LD, since you joined here, YOU have done nothing but spew insults at everyone, show your venomous hate for Muslims, and insult us by calling us "weak Christians" because we welcomed a Muslim to this site. You are angry, arrogant, hateful and spiteful. And I am NOT the only one to tell you that. I'd be careful what you say to CS1, he's a mod and can ban you. You would certainly deserve it, IMO. The amount of venom you harbor for anyone who disagrees with you is unreal..

Your sarcasm proves you are not being guided by the Spirit of truth. Just as it does for many others on this site. Insults and sarcasm are a great way for you to receive your "likes" on this site. However, those giving you those "likes" are not the one you will be standing before on judgment day. You would be wise to begin pleasing Him, and forget about everything else.

Mar 28, 2016
His truth. God's truth.

You need someone to teach you because you will not listen to His word on your own. Someday you will find out that following your own mind was not nearly as good of an idea as you had thought.
Did you mean not listen to the private interpretation of your own?

DJ2

Apr 15, 2017
LD, since you joined here, YOU have done nothing but spew insults at everyone, show your venomous hate for Muslims, and insult us by calling us "weak Christians" because we welcomed a Muslim to this site. You are angry, arrogant, hateful and spiteful. And I am NOT the only one to tell you that. I'd be careful what you say to CS1, he's a mod and can ban you. You would certainly deserve it, IMO. The amount of venom you harbor for anyone who disagrees with you is unreal..
If loyaldisciple is banned then there are many more on this forum who should be also. I have been keeping up with this thread for sometime and I am shocked by the one-sided attacks on loyaldisciple. An honest search of these posts will show a onslaught of vile remarks against him. Has he fought back, yes but it pales in contrast to what is being flung at him. You may disagree with him but he is simply pointing out scriptures.

If loyaldisciple is banned and not the others, ban me too. If this is what CC is about I have no desire to comment any longer.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You may disagree with him but he is simply pointing out scriptures.
I don't consider the following posts, not made in response to anyone in particular, to be "simply pointing out scriptures":

It is those who have rejected the verses, that love so much to argue. Otherwise, they would simply be following them.
Someday God is going to reveal the truth to you people of the true importance in following His word exactly and leaving your earthly views behind. For now, you do not know it.
Do you?

L

loyaldisciple

I agree with you, sir. What I don't agree with is that anyone honestly believes defending the same stance for over a hundred pages is edifying to anyone. Where's the consideration for the younger brethren? Where's the heart for the weaker vessel? If someone is provoked to wrath, how is it respectful to continue provoking them? Simply put-where's the love?
Is providing truth in scripture to be regarded as "provoking" someone ? If so, then constantly denying such scripture and using insults and sarcasm should certainly be considered "provoking" someone as well. Where is the consideration for the true word of God ? Where is any consideration for any messenger of His ? Yes, good question where is the love ? The love for the One that has provided His commandments for all of us ?

L

loyaldisciple

Obviously, you are a law unto yourself, sir, and seem to believe you are above being in the wrong. The vanity of such conceit is its own reward. Since you are determined to be ignorant of how offensive your continued stance has been and still is, I will leave you to your ignorance.
I am sorry you find scripture and the true word of God so offensive to your person. Maybe you would feel better about it if you actually tried embracing His word instead of arguing against it. It isn't any of my law that I've been promoting here. It has been His word that has been passed along to you and others. There is no vanity on my part as I have recognized all authority belongs to God and His commands. If there rests any vanity and conceit here, as you suggest, you may want to look towards those in denial of the scriptures rather than looking towards those defending them.

L

loyaldisciple

Sorry to disappoint you ladybug, but I am not in the habit of speaking truth to one person and then speaking untruth unto another and it is way too late in life to start that now. I guess you are suggesting that I should be using all of those kind words you just had for me. You just used more insults in one paragraph than I have used in nearly 100 pages of discussion.

L

loyaldisciple

Did you mean not listen to the private interpretation of your own?
When a verse is plain and simple you should use common sense, follow it and attempt no analytics. Much of the Bible is very easy to understand and not in need of any interpretation. When one seeks to interpret a simple verse, it is nothing more than searching for some way not to obey it.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
I am sorry you find scripture and the true word of God so offensive to your person. Maybe you would feel better about it if you actually tried embracing His word instead of arguing against it. It isn't any of my law that I've been promoting here. It has been His word that has been passed along to you and others. There is no vanity on my part as I have recognized all authority belongs to God and His commands. If there rests any vanity and conceit here, as you suggest, you may want to look towards those in denial of the scriptures rather than looking towards those defending them.
With love,

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
This man, apparently, was here before-going by the name Pontiac. From what I understand, he was admittedly an angry man, and behaved just as this "loyal disciple" character. So far, I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
There are lot's of theories my friend. It is the Word of God one is to live by, not empty theories. And to the previous poster. Go ahead and include the entire book of 1 Corinthians if you wish. It does absolutely nothing to discount the truth just provided to you in the verses 14:34-14:35.
This site is meant for discussion and that is what I am doing not living by ''empty theories'' one could just copy out the whole Bible and not discuss anything but then the purpose of the site would be lost. Apart from that the theory is substantiated by a Mural of a female Bishop discovered in the Catacombs at Naples in 2009 It dates from the fourth century.