Are women allowed to Preach?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
This man, apparently, was here before-going by the name Pontiac. From what I understand, he was admittedly an angry man, and behaved just as this "loyal disciple" character. So far, I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise.
I prefer Chevrolet's myself.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Those weren't insults. They were true. All the words I used to describe you, are 1000% accurate. As for insults, YOU have given more of them in your entire 601 posts, and that's pretty sad. Maybe you need to give your anger and pride issues over to God. :) You'd be a much better "loyal disciple" if you did.

Sorry to disappoint you ladybug, but I am not in the habit of speaking truth to one person and then speaking untruth unto another and it is way too late in life to start that now. I guess you are suggesting that I should be using all of those kind words you just had for me. You just used more insults in one paragraph than I have used in nearly 100 pages of discussion.

L

loyaldisciple

Those weren't insults. They were true. All the words I used to describe you, are 1000% accurate. As for insults, YOU have given more of them in your entire 601 posts, and that's pretty sad. Maybe you need to give your anger and pride issues over to God. :) You'd be a much better "loyal disciple" if you did.
You need to go back and read the thread. It is obvious you are the one suffering from anger issues. It has clouded your mind from the truth.

L

loyaldisciple

Here is just a partial list of the things you and your little "hit squad" has called me on these pages.

Demonic spammer
Arrogant
Bully
Misogynist
Legalist
Pharisee
Dictator
Deceitful
Lucifer

All because I showed you verses in the Bible proving women are not to be preaching in the church. A truth in scripture you do not wish to accept. So you lash out at the messenger and now you claim somebody has been nasty to YOU ? You need to pull your head out of the sand woman and see what's really taken place here.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018
:)
if it's ok for a woman to teach/preach to children and teens, at what age must she stop? at what age does a boy become a man?

is it ok for a woman to sing a song? but not ok to lead worship?
"The Gospel of Christ" (Romans 1:16) is "The Gospel of Spirit" for "Christ is Spirit" and when "every member of the body of Christ" (I Corinthians 12:7) is given a "Spiritual gift" the "gift" is "no respecter of person" (Romans 2:11)! Galatians 3:27 says "There is neither...male nor female...IN Christ Jesus."

Proverbs 4:7 says " Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." Therefore "the boy" (as with any person) has to have "understanding" of the Word of God in worshiping "in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23-24). Biological "age" has NOTHING to do with it. GOD can baptize the child with the Holy Spirit and give him the "Spiritual gift" of "wisdom and knowledge" (I Corinthians 12:8) at any age. GOD is "a heart GOD" (I Samuel 16:7) and if HE baptizes the child, he's "equipped for service" (Ephesians 4:12)!

As stated above, "There is neither male nor female IN Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:27) so if anyone has been "equipped for service" it is GOD who "sets them in THE CHURCH" (I Corinthians 12:28) with "Spiritual gifts" and not man.

I Corinthians 12:4-7 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal."

Read "the member's of the body of Christ" by laws in I Corinthians Chapter 12!

Blessings

Last edited:

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
The only words on that list that I personally have called you is arrogant. I could care less if women are to preach in church or not. You claim women shouldn't speak AT ALL in church, and that just is not true. What I take issue with is the fact that you spewed such hate towards a newbie who identified himself as Muslim, and flipped your gourd when we told you that Muslims ARE allowed here unless they try to recruit or spread their religion on here. If you have a problem with people of other religions being here, take it up with the site owner.

Here is just a partial list of the things you and your little "hit squad" has called me on these pages.

Demonic spammer
Arrogant
Bully
Misogynist
Legalist
Pharisee
Dictator
Deceitful
Lucifer

All because I showed you verses in the Bible proving women are not to be preaching in the church. A truth in scripture you do not wish to accept. So you lash out at the messenger and now you claim somebody has been nasty to YOU ? You need to pull your head out of the sand woman and see what's really taken place here.

L

loyaldisciple

:)

"The Gospel of Christ" (Romans 1:16) is "The Gospel of Spirit" for "Christ is Spirit" and when "every member of the body of Christ" (I Corinthians 12:7) is given a "Spiritual gift" the "gift" is "no respecter of person" (Romans 2:11)! Galatians 3:27 says "There is neither...male nor female...IN Christ Jesus."

Proverbs 4:7 says " Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." Therefore "the boy" (as with any person) has to have "understanding" of the Word of God in worshiping "in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23-24). Biological "age" has NOTHING to do with it. GOD can baptize the child with the Holy Spirit and give him the "Spiritual gift" of "wisdom and knowledge" (I Corinthians 12:8) at any age. GOD is "a heart GOD" (I Samuel 16:7) and if HE baptizes the child, he's "equipped for service" (Ephesians 4:12)!

As stated above, "There is neither male nor female IN Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:27) so if anyone has been "equipped for service" it is GOD who "sets them in THE CHURCH" (I Corinthians 12:28) with "Spiritual gifts" and not man.

I Corinthians 12:4-7 "Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal."

Read "the member's of the body of Christ" by laws in I Corinthians Chapter 12!

Blessings
If the Lord sees neither male nor female, then why has He given each a completely different role in society ? And why are women specifically mentioned in these verses ?

1 Corinthians 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but [they are commanded] to be under obedience, as also saith the law.

1 Corinthians 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Sounds like he sees male and female to me.

L

loyaldisciple

The only words on that list that I personally have called you is arrogant. I could care less if women are to preach in church or not. You claim women shouldn't speak AT ALL in church, and that just is not true. What I take issue with is the fact that you spewed such hate towards a newbie who identified himself as Muslim, and flipped your gourd when we told you that Muslims ARE allowed here unless they try to recruit or spread their religion on here. If you have a problem with people of other religions being here, take it up with the site owner.
I didn't "claim" anything lady, I simply gave you the verses in the Bible. Those are not my words. I've told you a thousand times those are God's words. You can stop your pretending now. You're not worried about that muslim. He was only here to push his own religion on a Christian site and you know it. And for your information I did already take the situation up with the owner and we had no problem at all discussing the matter. You simply are working hard to have somebody banned just because you hate them and it's not working out fast enough for you.

Mar 28, 2016
When a verse is plain and simple you should use common sense, follow it and attempt no analytics. Much of the Bible is very easy to understand and not in need of any interpretation. When one seeks to interpret a simple verse, it is nothing more than searching for some way not to obey it.
We do not use common sense but do use biblical sense involving spiritual matters.Its not a common book. Spiritual understandings are hid throughout.

One is our infallible teacher in heaven .As we declare his written will he preaches and teaches what it means and brings to our mind daily the things he has taught us. Its never about male or female. The first century reformation raised the woman to equal status, she is now part of the ceremonies where before their was a separation during the times of the Kings.

Again if God can use a female Ass to restrain the madness of the false prophet Balaam he most certainly can use a woman (mankind) created in His own image. Factually without a Woman there would be no men .

Last edited:
L

loyaldisciple

The only words on that list that I personally have called you is arrogant.
Then why did you just say this in your post above #2603 ?

Those weren't insults. They were true. All the words I used to describe you, are 1000% accurate.

First you say "All the words Ive called you are 1000% accurate", then just a few posts later you say "I only called you arrogant". Now those two statements sure don't jive together very well now do they ? If one is true, then the other must be false. You're anger has such a grip on you that you can't remember what you said from one minute to the next. It's not hard to know which of those statements was the true one.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
That is trolling right there what you just did. Others are on here discussing something.
Nah.... not so much. The actual discussion ended a bunch of pages ago... now it's just "nanny-nanny-boo-boo" stuff.

"Well, HE started it"... "Did NOT" .. "Did TOO".....

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Demonic spammer
I am quite certain that this particular epithet was not directed at you. There was a spammer posting numerous demonically-inspired threads a couple of weeks back.

Regardless, "it is to a man's glory to overlook an offense". Let it go. Forgive as your Father has forgiven you.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
On the list you gave, the ONLY word I called you was "arrogant". I was referring to the list you presented.. And I'm not angry. Not at all. :) YOU on the other hand, very much are.. Now this will be the last time I respond to you. Buhhh bye..

Then why did you just say this in your post above #2603 ?

Those weren't insults. They were true. All the words I used to describe you, are 1000% accurate.

First you say "All the words Ive called you are 1000% accurate", then just a few posts later you say "I only called you arrogant". Now those two statements sure don't jive together very well now do they ? If one is true, then the other must be false. You're anger has such a grip on you that you can't remember what you said from one minute to the next. It's not hard to know which of those statements was the true one.

CS1

May 23, 2012
If loyaldisciple is banned then there are many more on this forum who should be also. I have been keeping up with this thread for sometime and I am shocked by the one-sided attacks on loyaldisciple. An honest search of these posts will show a onslaught of vile remarks against him. Has he fought back, yes but it pales in contrast to what is being flung at him. You may disagree with him but he is simply pointing out scriptures.

If loyaldisciple is banned and not the others, ban me too. If this is what CC is about I have no desire to comment any longer.

lol first off no one has been banned. Second from what I see some here like to dish it out but can't take it when the same level is had back to them. In fact many are still here who have said very insulting things . as a mod I will as a member chim in as I love to do. most of the time is is after those who have insulted another. . You are right there are others here who should be banned. But As I have said CC is very talerant :) you have a blessed day

D

Depleted

Sorry to disappoint you ladybug, but I am not in the habit of speaking truth to one person and then speaking untruth unto another and it is way too late in life to start that now. I guess you are suggesting that I should be using all of those kind words you just had for me. You just used more insults in one paragraph than I have used in nearly 100 pages of discussion.
You're not in the habit of speaking truth. Period. You're in the habit of blaming everyone else but you, for doing the very thing you do constantly.

It's a nasty habit.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Your sarcasm proves you are not being guided by the Spirit of truth. Just as it does for many others on this site. Insults and sarcasm are a great way for you to receive your "likes" on this site. However, those giving you those "likes" are not the one you will be standing before on judgment day. You would be wise to begin pleasing Him, and forget about everything else.
Loyaldisciple you mean to tell me you can't handle sarcasm ? I will note too that I have never said you were not guided by the Holy Spirit as you have about me . I have not insulted you , I have not agreed with you and you have an issue with those who don't.

Maybe you need a break from CC for a while ? at any rate you have a nice day.