I did! A 3 hour one
came back and still don’t know whether women can preach or not! LOL (sarcastic)![]()
I think the conclusion is, yes, as long as she has hair or a reasonable facsimile of a head covering.
Last edited:
I did! A 3 hour one
came back and still don’t know whether women can preach or not! LOL (sarcastic)![]()
Just like that? And her sermon is a *reasonable facsimile* of the truth?I think the conclusion is, yes, as long as she has hair or a reasonable facsimile of a head covering.
Just like that? And her sermon is a *reasonable facsimile* of the truth?
Just like that? And her sermon is a *reasonable facsimile* of the truth?
Just like that? And her sermon is a *reasonable facsimile* of the truth?
I think the conclusion is, yes, as long as she has hair or a reasonable facsimile of a head covering.
"Don't forget to show hospitality to strangers, for some who have done this have entertained angels without realizing it" (Hebrews 13:2)!
"JUDGING!"
How do YOU know?
Did you show WITH WORD where they are against Scripture (II Tim 3:16) or just voiced an opinion (Proverbs 6:16-19)?
Thank you for bringing back a fond memory. My pastor and his wife took some of us to see guest speaker at the Miami convention center. Who it was isn't important but he kept saying how a man wearing a suit or a woman with her hair up is no indication of holyness. After the third or fourth time he said it I just happened to glance at my pastor's wife as she silently said "well fine then" and let her hair down. My pastor saw it as well as a couple of our friends and we all started giggling and laughing while trying very hard not to.
I love when God fills us with such joy we can't help but let it out!
I already told you. If the preacher does not meet the requirements in the Bible, then "no" I am not listening to a single word they have to say. And I didn't tell you what to believe. I said you would be "wise" to believe in your BIBLE. If you would rather believe in something else then you have that choice too.
I did! A 3 hour one
came back and still don’t know whether women can preach or not! LOL (sarcastic)![]()
Yesterday I wondered why you posted this verse. It didn’t seem to relate to the subject. But I pondered it, ya know? And today I was inspired to jump on the crosstown bus & go to the public park to write.
So I sit down on this bench and start to read a bit first. A man comes outta nowhere, asks to sit next to me & I say yeah. I glance at him and think, he’s gotta be homeless. He looked poor. But his eyes are full of shiny light, he didn’t have many teeth but his smile is pure joy. And he says with a melodic voice, “Meditating is better than reading sometimes.”
I asked, “Do you mean with God?” And he smiled so big and says, “Of course I do.”
I confessed to him I was too perturbed to meditate this morning with the conflict going on in this thread, because I was concerned for godly sisters being discouraged by modern day Pharisees. Ya know what he says? He said what you said in your comment below, Incognito: “Show with the WORD.”
He said to ask anyone coming against women, “Tell us the exact page and what Bible where the verse can be found so everyone can read it together. Not what you think it says, no added opinions, just show us the scripture, word for word. THEN trust the Holy Spirit to interpret to each heart.”
He said when we force our judgment on people, we are in the flesh and are interfering with the Holy Spirit’s work. And as children of God, we all only digest a little truth at a time, as the Father sees fit. Some have not even tasted truth yet, some are still on the milk of the word, and some have just begun to eat the meat of the word. We are all at different levels but the Holy Spirit is the Teacher. Only those who are strong in the Lord are to be pastors and leaders. There is no male or female in the spirit realm, just vessels of honor used for the glory of God.
And he said don’t worry about trying to save people but to just be a friend and love people and God will meet their needs through us as He wills it. He said when we rest in the Lord, most times we won’t even be aware the great things God does through us because our eyes are on Him. Ain’t that amazing, sister?
So about half hour later, we blessed each other and I jumped back on the bus. Ya know what the bus driver says? “What is that man doing there? I thought I just dropped him off up the street.” I told her he was there talking to me the whole time I was at the park and she says, “Huh… that was weird.”
Well, time is irrelevant in spiritual reality. And perhaps that was an angel making his rounds in a few places at once. Who knows? But that’s the third time in my entire life I was pretty sure I was entertaining an angel.. except I was aware. Thanks to your post last night. Hahaha!!
Bless you, sister Incognito! :::hugs::: ❤![]()
2 Therefore if there is any encouragement in Christ, if there is any consolation of love, if there is any fellowship of the Spirit, if any [SUP][a][/SUP]affection and compassion, [SUP]2 [/SUP]make my joy complete [SUP][b][/SUP]by being of the same mind, maintaining the same love, united in spirit, intent on one purpose.
Women are definitely forbidden to be in authority.
Only by male rule-makers who don't care enough for truth to look past poor English translations of a single Greek word.
I'm glad the women are happy now.