Are WOMEN Pastors Biblical??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Hey :) like to disagree with your statement. No offence this kind of statement reminds me how some say the same thing about "Caught up/Rapture". That you didn't get it from reading the word. Been saying "here I am".. I did. I'vel been listening to a man of God that has gone home now and the power of God was all over this man.. One could say he was in that camp.. yet was not. Oh he believed women could not preach. I'd been listening for hours/days many sermons. I was so blessed. Awesome how you can see Jesus yet also disagree with some things taught. He would say in those moments "this is me speaking this is what I believe".

So been seeking asking how can some have such power be so close to Him yet be off here. Then think.. like I have the 100% pure word/gospel? HAHA nope. For me its people like this where be unwise to toss it out. I am no one they are someone of God studied for many years. And can still be wrong.

He said if you believe women can preach then (forgot the exact word) off your not hearing from God/in error. It was a tad stronger then what I said lol.

I remember Kathryn kuhlman ..lets not get stuck there please. Its what she said many times. She said what she was doing some man of God said no to. "Throughout life, Kuhlman struggled with her calling to be a preacher as a woman. She said her conviction was that God wanted to appoint a man for her job, but that because no man stepped forward, making her the first to have said “yes.”

Theres so much more to this then just YES or NO. Not that simple
Kuhlman was a phony, just like Peter Popov and Benny Hinn, fleecing the flock, take the money and run.

Wikipedia: Kathryn Kuhlman
In 1975, Kuhlman was sued by Paul Bartholomew, her personal administrator, who claimed that she kept $1 million in jewelry and $1 million in fine art hidden away and sued her for $430,500 for breach of contract. Two former associates accused her in the lawsuit of diverting funds and of illegally removing records, which she denied and said the records were not private. According to Kuhlman, the lawsuit was settled prior to trial.

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021
They Act In Willful Rebellion In Disobedience,To Gods Clear Words Regarding A Womans Role In The Church Seen Below.

Gods Words Are Very Clear On A Womans Role In The Church, And They Aren't Changing Anytime Soon.

Silence, Subjection, Obedience

1 Timothy 2:11-14KJV
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1 Corinthians 14:33-35KJV
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
Question Why you wrote me this?

S

Scribe

The ONLY reason you are so adamant about women pastors is because you are a Charismatic Pentecostal believer and they have been breaking the commands of God for a 100 years.
Think about your statement. Maybe speak it out loud so that you notice how dumb it sounds in your out loud voice.

A women hears from God to start a Tent Revival in a little town in upstate New York and many people are saved and a church is planted. She pastors it for two years before the Lord calls her else where. Untold thousands are saved in the church and through the outreach of the church for years to come and maybe as many as 60 pastors are trained and sent all over the world.

You say that woman was breaking the commandments of God because she was a woman. I say that is what a pharisee would say to Jesus about healing on the sabbath. Jesus was not guilty of breaking the sabbath but the pharisee though that they understood the scriptures about the sabbath and that the scripture supported their belligerent accusations. You think you understand some scriptures that ban women from pastoring and I say you don't have the scripture on your side but just think you do and you are the pharisee saying to the woman of God who the Holy Spirit used to save thousands "You are not allowed, you are breaking the commandment of God because you are a woman" But I say she will have eternal rewards for all those saved, and all those pastors who were trained and went out and planted other churches all because she did OBEY God. Jesus warned us of the leaven of the Pharisees and this was what he was talking about. Now I know it is not going to change. Jesus knew we would have to contend with them until He returns. But I can't think of a better example of how we see this leaven in action right before our eyes with this topic.

And as to how I came to believe that women can pastor is that I was filled with the Holy Spirit in prison and read the bible for 3 years. That is why I knew that women were called and equipped on the day of Pentecost and many mentioned in the New Testament including pastors of home churches like Nympha and others. Women teachers like Pricilla taught Apollos. On and on, many many scriptures which you can read about in the paper by Payne linked below.

When I got out of prison I discovered that there were denominations that banned women based on two scriptures they did not understand and ignored all the other scriptures that contradicted their theory. I was surprised that they could be so ignorant. I didn't have any bible school training at that time and I did not come to that conclusion reading those scriptures.

But I by that time I had read some church history and I knew that they actually were following the ecclesiastical domineering of clergy over the laity that occurred by about 300 AD as women were banned after having been very much involved in ministry for the first 200 years. The mix of a male dominating culture and their taking control over the flock resulted in this ignorant babble about women not being allowed to speak in the church. They use two scriptures in a way Paul never intended just like the Catholics used scriptures to justify their power to forgive sins or grant salvation.

When I discovered that the the Assemblies of God interpreted the scriptures as I also did the Lord lead me to fellowship with them and to seek credentials through that fellowship. So your judgment of how I arrived at my doctrinal beliefs were mistaken.

And now you also can learn the scriptures that you have missed all these years by reading this paper below. Then you will have the whole picture instead of the one that your denomination taught you.

Philip B. Payne Libertarian Women in Ephesus: A Response to Douglas J. Moo's Article, "I Timothy 2:12-15; Meaning and Significance
https://womeninthechurch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Philip Payne Libertarian Women.PDF

S

Scribe

Handmaidens granddaughters Won't Prophesy In The Orderly Church,Paul Wrote All Aspects Of Spiritual Gifts, And A Womans Position In The Church.
Women prophesied in the first church in Acts 2
The church met in Philips house and his 4 daughters prophesied.
Women prophesied in the churches 1 Cor 11.

You lost this debate. You are dismissed.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Think about your statement. Maybe speak it out loud so that you notice how dumb it sounds in your out loud voice.

A women hears from God to start a Tent Revival in a little town in upstate New York and many people are saved and a church is planted. She pastors it for two years before the Lord calls her else where. Untold thousands are saved in the church and through the outreach of the church for years to come and maybe as many as 60 pastors are trained and sent all over the world.

You say that woman was breaking the commandments of God because she was a woman. I say that is what a pharisee would say to Jesus about healing on the sabbath. Jesus was not guilty of breaking the sabbath but the pharisee though that they understood the scriptures about the sabbath and that the scripture supported their belligerent accusations. You think you understand some scriptures that ban women from pastoring and I say you don't have the scripture on your side but just think you do and you are the pharisee saying to the woman of God who the Holy Spirit used to save thousands "You are not allowed, you are breaking the commandment of God because you are a woman" But I say she will have eternal rewards for all those saved, and all those pastors who were trained and went out and planted other churches all because she did OBEY God. Jesus warned us of the leaven of the Pharisees and this was what he was talking about. Now I know it is not going to change. Jesus knew we would have to contend with them until He returns. But I can't think of a better example of how we see this leaven in action right before our eyes with this topic.

And as to how I came to believe that women can pastor is that I was filled with the Holy Spirit in prison and read the bible for 3 years. That is why I knew that women were called and equipped on the day of Pentecost and many mentioned in the New Testament including pastors of home churches like Nympha and others. Women teachers like Pricilla taught Apollos. On and on, many many scriptures which you can read about in the paper by Payne linked below.

When I got out of prison I discovered that there were denominations that banned women based on two scriptures they did not understand and ignored all the other scriptures that contradicted their theory. I was surprised that they could be so ignorant. I didn't have any bible school training at that time and I did not come to that conclusion reading those scriptures.

But I by that time I had read some church history and I knew that they actually were following the ecclesiastical domineering of clergy over the laity that occurred by about 300 AD as women were banned after having been very much involved in ministry for the first 200 years. The mix of a male dominating culture and their taking control over the flock resulted in this ignorant babble about women not being allowed to speak in the church. They use two scriptures in a way Paul never intended just like the Catholics used scriptures to justify their power to forgive sins or grant salvation.

When I discovered that the the Assemblies of God interpreted the scriptures as I also did the Lord lead me to fellowship with them and to seek credentials through that fellowship. So your judgment of how I arrived at my doctrinal beliefs were mistaken.

And now you also can learn the scriptures that you have missed all these years by reading this paper below. Then you will have the whole picture instead of the one that your denomination taught you.

Philip B. Payne Libertarian Women in Ephesus: A Response to Douglas J. Moo's Article, "I Timothy 2:12-15; Meaning and Significance
https://womeninthechurch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Philip Payne Libertarian Women.PDF
I dont see his response against a woman and a tent revival meeting, but against denominations found in the Pentecostal movement that have disregarded the teaching of scripture in women being Pastors/Leaders

Prime Exampme: Four Square Gospel In Leader (Aimee Semple McPherson) Pastoring Angelus Temple In Los Angeles, who was married several times, who died of a drug overdose.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020

Gods Words Are Very Clear On A Womans Role In The Church, And They Aren't Changing Anytime Soon.

12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
Because he is stuck in belligerent mode. He gets that way sometimes. You have to hit him with a wet newspaper to make him stop.
Stuck In Truth Mode, Exposing Those That Are Rebellious And Disobedient To Gods Words Below.

S

Scribe

Neither one of those Scriptures even suggest that women can be ordained as Pastors so the question must be.......
WHY post them?????
Col 4:15 15Salute the brethren which are in Laodicea, and Nymphas, and the church which is in his house.
3Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: 4Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. 5Likewise greet the church that is in their house.
Priscilla taught Apollos from the scriptures in the way of Jesus more perfectly. That is a woman teaching a man the bible. She is often mentioned before her husband because she was the Called Spiritual Leader and the lead pastor of the church that met in their house.

The Acts 2 verses demonstrate that the women too were empowered with Holy Ghost power to carry out the great commission. That they prophesied is indicative of Holy Ghost empowered speaking gifts. Thus preaching, teaching, etc.

All the gifts come as a result of the divine call of God and the empowering of the Holy Spirit. This first Church on the day of Pentecost is a pattern that makes special mention of the women being included. He gave gifts unto men,... some pastors... this is a gift given by the Spirit for equipping the saints to maturity and service and these gifts are given by the Holy Spirit which is what is happening in Acts 2.

This is foundational. Women are specifically mentioned to make sure that everyone know that they are also called to go into all the nations and preach the Gospel to every creature. They are also included in the call to TEACH all nations whatsoever Jesus has commanded.

The clear will of God is to include the women. Only a pharisee would twist something Paul said to try to find and excuse to exclude women.

But people are bullied and intimidated by centuries of devilish ecclesiastical domination like the Catholics using scriptures to teach confession, and telling people they have the authority to grant forgiveness. They use a scripture that sounds convincing and intimidated the ignorant into believing it. People are using the "remain silent" as a club and making God out to be something that He is not and it is so obvious to me, but not to everyone. Many are scratching their heads and thinking... maybe God doesn't want women to speak in the church.... and they are intimidated by the centuries of bad hermeneutics.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021

GINOLJC, to all,
first, thanks for the response above, second, you're 100& correct, all who are in christ are subject to recieving the HOLY SPIRIT, supportive Scripture, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

all children are not only boys, or males.

God by the prophet Joel made it plain, Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"
Joel 2:29 "And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit."
Joel 2:30 "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke."

I just love it how God makes it plain, prophet are preachers. just read Jonah chapter 3, and women are PROPHETS as pointed out by Acts 21, Philips and his four daughters. prophet preach, meqaning they are preacher, and preacher are "ORDAINED". supportive scripture, 1 Timothy 2:7 "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity." there it is, preacher are ordained, and prophet preach, and as I said before, 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."

BINGO, God word clearly "ORDAIN" prophets in his Church. for the term "SET" as said before, is ORDAINED, for it is used in 1 Timothy 2:7 as "ORDAINED"

"SET": G5087 τίθημι tithemi (tiy'-thee-miy) v.
θέω theo (the'-ō) [an alternate in certain tenses]
1. to place.
2. (properly) to lay in a passive or horizontal posture.
{in the widest application, literally and figuratively; differs from G2476, which properly denotes an upright and active position, while G2749 is properly reflexive and utterly prostrate}
[a prolonged form of a primary theo theh'-o (which is used only as alternate in certain tenses)]
KJV: + advise, appoint, bow, commit, conceive, give, X kneel down, lay (aside, down, up), make, ordain, purpose, put, set (forth), settle, sink down
Compare: G2476, G2749

now if anyone says different then it is they who are disobeying God's Holy Commands.

my source for the word "SET", is the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments

PICJAG, 101G.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
The clear will of God is to include the women. Only a pharisee would twist something Paul said to try to find and excuse to exclude women.
The Clear Will Of God, Is To Have Women Be Silent, Subjected, And Obedient In The Church, As His Words Clearly Teach Below

Titus 1:15-16KJV
15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
The Clear Will Of God, Is To Have Women Be Silent, Subjected, And Obedient In The Church, As His Words Clearly Teach Below

Titus 1:15-16KJV
15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

you're arguing from ignorance, if you was serious, you would look up what the term "WOMAN" and understand what the context of the scriptures is meaning.

PICJAG, 101G.

Truth7t7

May 19, 2020
you're arguing from ignorance, if you was serious, you would look up what the term "WOMAN" and understand what the context of the scriptures is meaning.

PICJAG, 101G.
No need to look up (Woman) it's the gender that gives birth, takes care of the home, husband, children, and is silent, subjected, and obedient in the church, simple.

(Woman) :)

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
No need to look up (Woman) it's the gender that gives birth, takes care of the home, husband, children, and is silent, subjected, and obedient in the church, simple.

(Woman) :)
SEE, this is what I'm talking about, "No need to look up (Woman) it's the gender that gives birth" ERROR, WRONG, NOPE, INCORRECT, inaccurate, illogical, bogus, and a bunch more..... (smile).. NOW HEAR THIS, ALL HANDS ON DECK.. not all women give birth, or have children, see your ignorance now?.

so LOOK up the word, and get it's meaning. thanks in advance.

PICJAG, 101G.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

many, many years ago God gave me a revelation on this verse…. "Study to shew thyself approved unto God“. did one notice what the scripture did not say? listen, “study to show oneself approved unto God”, STUDY, not to LEARN anything, but to study, to show God that you're interested in learning his WORD, and God will give you the revelations of the scriptures. never study to “LEARN” anything on your OWN, because the wisdom of this world God will destroy. so I suggest A. get the Holy Ghost, and B. get a dictionary.

PICJAG, 1201G.

101G

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
again, a lack of KNOWLEDGE. the woman is a "HELPER", not the one who do it all, she helps her husband in what he's doing.

see, the world have corrupted the basic understanding of the role of a "WIFE" as in a marriage. she is to help her husband, cook, clean, and baby sit also. yes, it is the man's responsibilities to TAKE of his home, as well as his WIFE who ... "HELP" him in his, his, his, duties. for the HUSBANJD which is the "HEAD", simply means the "FIRST" to SERVE. and the wife is to "HELP" her husband.

scripture, Genesis 2:18 "And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."
HELP MEET: H5828 עֵזֶר `ezer (ay'-zer) n-m.
aid.
[from H5826]
KJV: help.
Root(s): H5826

an aid is to assist, not do it for them, but to assist, or help in whatever their husbands are doing. men are to wash, cook, and clean, also. and the wife just don't sit at home either ... helper... aide?, ....... assist. the only thing that a man cannot do is Give birth. ...physically ... speaking... and not spiritually, speaking. (smile).

PICJAJ, 101G.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
What has this all to do with the church, which was foundet through the Holy Spirit at pentecost?
What has this to do with the role of a woman in the church since pentecost and where mainly Paul Was given the Instructions for?
In no of his letters he encouraged ore gave adwise for woman to take leadership in the church. The opposit he has done.
Of course you can explain this away. But it makes it not right.
Is The Holy Spirit not the same God of Pentecost, Sinai & Genesis 1:2?

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021
GINOLJC, to all,
first, thanks for the response above, second, you're 100& correct, all who are in christ are subject to recieving the HOLY SPIRIT, supportive Scripture, Acts 2:39 "For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."

all children are not only boys, or males.

God by the prophet Joel made it plain, Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:"
Joel 2:29 "And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit."
Joel 2:30 "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke."

I just love it how God makes it plain, prophet are preachers. just read Jonah chapter 3, and women are PROPHETS as pointed out by Acts 21, Philips and his four daughters. prophet preach, meqaning they are preacher, and preacher are "ORDAINED". supportive scripture, 1 Timothy 2:7 "Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity." there it is, preacher are ordained, and prophet preach, and as I said before, 1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues."

BINGO, God word clearly "ORDAIN" prophets in his Church. for the term "SET" as said before, is ORDAINED, for it is used in 1 Timothy 2:7 as "ORDAINED"

"SET": G5087 τίθημι tithemi (tiy'-thee-miy) v.
θέω theo (the'-ō) [an alternate in certain tenses]
1. to place.
2. (properly) to lay in a passive or horizontal posture.
{in the widest application, literally and figuratively; differs from G2476, which properly denotes an upright and active position, while G2749 is properly reflexive and utterly prostrate}
[a prolonged form of a primary theo theh'-o (which is used only as alternate in certain tenses)]
KJV: + advise, appoint, bow, commit, conceive, give, X kneel down, lay (aside, down, up), make, ordain, purpose, put, set (forth), settle, sink down
Compare: G2476, G2749

now if anyone says different then it is they who are disobeying God's Holy Commands.

my source for the word "SET", is the Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew Testaments

PICJAG, 101G.
But this is not the question of this thread.
The gift to prophecie is no proof that this person is the leader/pastor/ eldest of a church

Aidan1

Mar 17, 2021
Is The Holy Spirit not the same God of Pentecost, Sinai & Genesis 1:2?
Thats right. But in the OT the NT church was not revealed. Only since pentecost, the believer get the Holy Spirit living inside permanent. And before pentecost was no body of Christ what we call church today.