Are WOMEN Pastors Biblical??

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
All you have to do is look at the fruit of female leadership to see the error

But then again
Some people LOVE the Dark so much they refuse to see
Examples please. Do enlighten those of us in the dark.
Who would you like to accuse?
My guess is that you you don't personally know all the female leaders in Christendom and cannot give a fair assessment.

These arguments usually rely on attacks on Joyce Meyer or some other TV personality.

And please demonstrate how male leadership is problem free.

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The Trans movement in America is fully supported by female Lutheran "clergy"
The Lesbian "clergy" in Presbyterian churches fought for "gay" marriage
Here are other causes championed by female clergy
Rev. Debra Haffner “Faithfully Supporting Access to Abortion ServicesHuffington Post 02/24/2016
Here is an article
https://www.churchmilitant.com/news...inks-womens-ordination-to-homosexual-activism
Irrelevant examples. What a handful of women do is not indicative of all women. Use the same standard for men that you use for women.

Platosgal

Mar 17, 2020
Its pretty clear where you stand
And we ALL harvest exactly what we sow
I will no engage further in your little absurdity
The question IS
Are women Pastors biblical?
The answer is NO!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The question IS
The answer is NO!
Thanks for your completely unsupported opinion.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
The question IS
The answer is NO!
What do you hope to harvest by preventing women from serving God and blaming us exclusively for all the perversions of mankind?

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
We agree, God is not the author of confusion, that's why Paul instructed women to be silent in the church below :giggle:

Gods Words Are Very Clear On A Womans Role In The Church, And They Aren't Changing Anytime Soon.

Silence, Subjection, Obedience

(It Is A Shame For Women To Speak In The Church)

1 Timothy 2:11-14KJV
11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

1 Corinthians 14:33-35KJV
33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
We should all learn in silence with all subjection [if we have any questions let us ask our wives at home]
Paul quite obviously means something different to what you think for we see from his letters he endorsed in his greetings women who were leaders and co-labourers with him whom he commanded the brethren to afford all assistance.

He also approved Apollo who was taught of Priscilla.

I believe Paul means teach and define new doctrines, else their teaching comes under the banner of preaching or prophesying ... I would beware of any new doctrines.

We are not under the law but under grace we see Barak ceded his authority to Deborah, Deborah was a judge.

If you try to shut the wimmin up they sit down and write glorious hymns packed full of doctrine.

At the name of Jesus
every knee must bow
every tongue confess Him
King of glory now
'tis the Father's pleasure
we should call Him Lord
who from the beginning was the mighty word

la lala la la lala la

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
It all depends on what YOU mean by ...."women are to prophesy". If YOU mean by that that women can TEACH then yes that is Biblical.
The New Test. identifies to "PROPHESY" as giving FORTH the truth which is TO TEACH and does not mean to FORETELL anything.

Women can teach children, other women and even men when the authority of men are NOT UPSURPED or by that, a qualified man is NOT bypassed in favor of a woman.

If you are trying to say that women can PASTOR a church then you are wrong. That is exactly what the Bible does not say.
it does not specifically say women are not to pastor but broadly I agree although prophesy can also mean fore tell

Why should a woman care what title they have as long as they are doing the work of God and GOD Himself confirms their ministry?

I think it a very good idea for a sister to advertise meetings for women - men welcome. if God is with them you can be SURE the fellas will turn up.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
The term “pastoral epistles” is used to designate the three epistles or letters addressed to Timothy and Titus (1 and 2 Timothy, and Titus). Though addressed to individuals, they are not limited to personal and private communications.

This term is inaccurate in the sense that Timothy and Titus were not pastor types in the present day sense of the term.
a) They were official representatives of the Apostle Paul whom he dispatched to various places or churches like Ephesus and Crete to act in an official capacity to deal with special situations and meet special needs.

b) Timothy and Titus undoubtedly possessed the gifts needed for pastoral ministry, and while there was an element of pastoral care in what they did.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. This makes me ask question on Barnabus. He was referred to as an apostle in Acts I thing. How does Barnabus compare to Timothy or Titus.

CS1

May 23, 2012
Interesting, thanks for sharing. This makes me ask question on Barnabus. He was referred to as an apostle in Acts I thing. How does Barnabus compare to Timothy or Titus.
Was Barnabus the one sent to Saul who was paul to pray over Him or was that Anias? I think it was Ananias because he was not an apostle he was a disciple.

Apr 1, 2021
The question IS
The answer is NO!
First thanks for the reply, but what proof you have to say "NO"? for it's not in the bible that woman cannot pastor. if so, post that or those scriptures.

but I notice your concern about, "The Trans movement in America is fully supported by female Lutheran "clergy"

if this is a concern, I have a scripture for that and any other unscriptual concern. John 10:14 "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine." John 10:15 "As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep." John 10:16 "And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd."

John 10:27 "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

now, if you follow someone who is not of God then it's on them. but if they are of God and you don't follow, ....... then it's on YOU.

but in each case if you have the Holy Spirit he will Guide you. Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."
and this promise is the Holy Ghost, for all who are born of HIM.

PICJAG,
101G.

Apr 7, 2021
The Holy Spirit made no mistakes in the inspiration of the scriptures. The Holy Spirit was not swayed by the cultures of the times when scripture was inspired. Paul wrote what the Holy Spirit gave to him not what Paul thought was best for the times.

Women who desire to be pastors are rebels against God. These rebels refuse to be constrained by Gods word ever learning and continuously rejecting the truth.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
The Word is the Word.

Apr 1, 2021
if women was rebels, (in seeking the office of Bishop, which is a Work), why was Priscilla and her husband both was co-laborer, i.e. coadjutor with the apostle Paul?

and co-laborer are fellow ministers in the Gospel, and coadjutor identify them both as "Bishops".

PICJAG,
101G.

Major

Dec 12, 2020
Joel said the handmaidens shall prophesy and they shall.

Prophecy can mean fore tell or forth tell
In Acts 2......did the Sun stop shinning?
the moon turn to blood?
Was there earthquakes?

Acts2 WAS NOT the fulfillment of Joel 2. I understand that how you as a Pentecostal need for that to be the case......
but it is not!