Are you a Christian, religious, Pentecostal, believer, Catholic, devoted, saint......?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
It does not say anywhere in the Bible to pray to Mary or anyone else But God.. It is a false doctrine and very un- Christian.. I am glad i left the catholic religon in my 20's and became a Christian..
To be perfectly fair here, I'm pretty sure that all the examples in the Bible of prayer are to God the Father. Which means that praying to dear Lord Jesus ( as many sweet little old lady baptist sunday school teachers did) or to the Holy Spirit (as many charismatic believers advocate and practice) are also unbiblical. I'll grant that since Jesus and the Holy Spirit are also part of the godhead the "error" of praying to them is a bit different than praying to Mary, but when it comes to the practice of individual people, it may be good to check to see just how biblical our behavior is before condemning others for unbiblical behavior.

S

Susanna

I’m a Catholic. Always been. There, I said it.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
I hardly ever have a context to call myself anything.
I have no real denomination and no church I truly belong to, though one may assume I "go" to whatever church they see me attend once a month or so.
I probably appear as unreligious or evangelical prude depending on the angle.

Sep 13, 2018
I was baptized and raised as a Catholic, have been confirmed, and had attended weekly catechism classes for years. I no longer attend weekly mass but have attended other services in different denominations.

While I do not agree with all of the Catholic doctrine and practices I have felt more at peace in my mind and heart while attending mass than what I felt in other church services. Somehow, I have found the other church services to be spiritually lacking as if they were somehow incomplete. Regardless, I have felt closer to God while attending mass than the other churches I have been to.

I don't believe that praying to Mary is scriptural but do believe that many take comfort in praying to her as she is perceived as being caring and loving, and that God understands the human condition quite well and takes this into consideration.

I believe in the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, three separate unique entities comprising one God. I too am a follower of Christ and hope to one day be considered a man of God as well.

I pray that being confirmed into the Catholic church becomes a blessing to you. Perhaps you could light a candle for me if you think about it. I would sincerely appreciate this gesture.
That was amazing tourist... God Bless!!!

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
To be perfectly fair here, I'm pretty sure that all the examples in the Bible of prayer are to God the Father. Which means that praying to dear Lord Jesus ( as many sweet little old lady baptist sunday school teachers did) or to the Holy Spirit (as many charismatic believers advocate and practice) are also unbiblical. I'll grant that since Jesus and the Holy Spirit are also part of the godhead the "error" of praying to them is a bit different than praying to Mary, but when it comes to the practice of individual people, it may be good to check to see just how biblical our behavior is before condemning others for unbiblical behavior.
I never condemned anyone..

I spoke my genuinely held belief.. That praying to Mary or to any other human ( or angel for that matter) being is Not Christian.. People can accept or reject what i have stated.. it's up to them..

It is the LORD at the final judgement who will be condemning or saving people.. His will is and shall be done..

Sep 13, 2018
You will find a lot of opposition to the Catholic Church here on this forum. Many, including myself, have been baptized into it and have come to see the idolatry involved. The veneration and worship of dead saints are part of that. I will pray the Lord opens your eyes.
Her eyes have been open.. I get it. Maybe one day you will too...

Sep 13, 2018
It does not say anywhere in the Bible to pray to Mary or anyone else But God.. It is a false doctrine and very un- Christian.. I am glad i left the catholic religon in my 20's and became a Christian..
\

Okay , you left the oldest Christian faith to become a A Christian? Makes no sense ...

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Her eyes have been open.. I get it. Maybe one day you will too...
You got it alright, and I pray you are delivered from it.

Rev. 18:1-4 "And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." :cool:

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
\

Okay , you left the oldest Christian faith to become a A Christian? Makes no sense ...
Catholicism is Not Christian.. If it was i would still be a catholic, there would have been no need for me to renounce that religion and convert to Christianity..

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well it happened. Took a bit longer than I thought it would, but it happened.

Time to batten them hatches until the storm blows over, or at least blows back to the BDF.

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
You will find a lot of opposition to the Catholic Church here on this forum. Many, including myself, have been baptized into it and have come to see the idolatry involved. The veneration and worship of dead saints are part of that. I will pray the Lord opens your eyes.

I believe this thread asks the question what faith or denomination do we consider ourselves to be. I’m an in between. Technically I’m still a Baptist. Haven’t attended my old church since August of last year. I left in good standing and will always love my church family there. Easter I will be welcomed into the Catholic Church. My family feel the same way you do so they won’t be there. I respect that. I respect your opinion but it’s just that. An opinion. The only persons I worship are God our Father and Jesus Christ. I pray to Mary and the Saints. Trust me I know how many here feel about the Catholic faith. My inbox pretty much let me know how others feel since I shared that information. Huge part why I’ve stepped away from this forum. I was really enjoying it. I’ve not wronged or spoken harshly to anyone. My heart tells me to be kind to others. Because that’s the Christian way. How Christ like is it to belittle and hurt others because they don’t believe exactly as you do ? It’s not. I appreciate and respect you all.