Are You a Spiritual Infant?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
get it it's nice to be treated well but notice the slant. It's all about how everyone effected me. Now think of this. There's a church which isn't a loving church. They didn't treat you well at the doors. They walk in carnality and certainly aren't good wonderful and perfect people. So....where do you go. Yeah well the good friendly chruch yeah that's the place for me! Could be. But consider God might tell you NO I want you to go the the unfriendly church. or the unlovingly church, and here's why....so you can help those people. They are your dear precious brothers and sisters in the Lord, and God wants your maturity to help bring them out of their weakness.
You make a wonderful point here.

I would much rather be involved with a church that didn't pretend to be nice and then forget about you 13 minutes after you arrive for the first time. I require authenticity.

Case in point, I started going to this tiny Southern Baptist church near my home several years ago. There was only one Sunday service, and afterward, we would all bring a snack and share what we brought (kinda like a mini pot-luck).

Well, this older lady (really old) was in charge of setting everything up. She would scold me every Sunday, reminding me to leave enough food for everyone else (I'm not a pig, really!).

Added to that, the pastor's wife openly chastised us youngsters for not tithing nearly enough, the person in charge of the music hated Chris Tomlin, and one of the older men in the congregation would purposely try to run me over in the parking lot.

But I still wanted to become a member. Why? Because everyone was who they were, and no amount of phoniness could change that.

Unfortunately, I was rejected for membership because I didn't have a referral letter required by the denomination.

Oh well, just one more reason to rail against the institutional church that Satan delights in.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
I've read the thread, this forum stuff might just be better than I would've thought. I would like to say , nobody can find God for anyone else. you must work it out for yourself, Philippians 2:12, 2 Corinthians 13:5, Galatians 6:4-5, Romans 14:10, even God's chosen people were to seek Him.
Isaiah 55:6, Isaiah 64:7, Jeremiah 29:13, 33:3. Those that are settled and stablished are to be ensamples to help the weaker stand. 1 Peter 5:3,10, 2 Corinthians 1:24 Paul has clear admonishments in 1 Corinthians 8:2,3 and 11,12. Jesus also in Matthew 7:3,4 James in chapter 3:18 and John in 1 John 3:18. which again shows we have to find who we are in Christ Jesus becoming a vessel of honor unto God with the idea of being choice fruit even unto our enemies Matthew 7:16, Luke 6:35, 1 Corinthians 10:32, 2 Corinthians 6:3 and remember that the gospel is on trial in everyone of us. Psalms 19:14, Ephesians 4:29, 1 Timothy 1:5 and of course in 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

That's quite a reading assignment you've given us. I will take my time and get back to you on what I've learned.

SteveEpperson

May 12, 2018
Shall we just throw out respecting your elders, even when you may believe them to be infirm?
I think most pastors do a really good job respecting people who are twice their age while teaching them through sermons.

But I think we need to have the courage to do it one-on-one, without hiding behind the pulpit. I think the older adults in the church would very much appreciate that. And so would the younger ones as well.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Thinking can get all into deep trouble. It is best to treat others as we are taught.