Are you going to Heaven?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tinytom

Senior Member
Mar 24, 2016
114
2
0
Guess what? It's not your party. You are invited, and so is everyone else.

Guess what? Christ is the doorman, cause it's His party.

Guess what? You don't get to decide who's at the party, and neither do I.

Guess what? If you worried as much about your own invitation, as you do your neighbors, you might just be in the Will of God.

Guess what? If you think you know who's going to the party, you have a great chance, of missing it.

Guess what? I'm a sinner, and I sure don't deserve an invitation, but I claimed mine.

Guess what? Holding onto that invitation is hard in this world.

Guess what? Making sure to let everyone else know they are invited, is what My Lord commissioned me to do.
 
Guess what.
My hunch is that this is a response thread to the "Do Arminians/Gentiles/Jews Go to Heaven?" threads. :)
 
Yes, Absolutely!

But that is not why I am posting on this thread! The OP has an important point in the closing lines of his opening post. And that is, God has given us the task of evangelizing the lost. Other than missionaries, of whom I know and pray for a number of them, and then a few gifted evangelists, we are missing the boat these days as to the task Jesus gave us to do! We are to be witnesses in all the earth!"

"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inthe name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20

The above passage is rightly called "The Great Commission." The question is, are we doing it, or sitting around debating about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Because a few days ago, there was an obvious Muslim on CC. Most didn't even notice. A few did- they either answered back or belittled him. And of course, some reported him. I was doing the same, myself. Then he wrote me a pm with a loaded question - explain the Trinity to him. I took it literally, got out my theology books and write a long, theological reply. He never answered me back. Which made me angry, after all the work I put into explaining to him the theological concept. He was banned soon after. I was horrified to think I had wasted that pm ranting at him. (I am sure some of you also feel the same way about some of my more elaborate posts!)

But later, God reassured me, that perhaps my complexity in the answer I gave him was what he needed to hear. Instead of egg or water states metaphors, which he could easily dismiss, he could not dismiss that although the Trinity was complex, it was also simple and logical, and someone did have some answers, even if they were paraphrased from great Christian theologians. Yet what a wasted opportunity for all of us to witness to someone who came only for the purpose of disturbing, and maybe making a few converts to his cause!

And God has such a sense of humour! Later that day, a Christian friend sent me an email finally telling me she didn't believe Jesus was God. I prayed about it and felt God telling me to send her the letter. Still no reply to that one, either!

A few few years before my father died, I tried to witness and lead him to the Lord. He objected, once again, by asking me, "What about all the people in the world who aren't Christians, what happens to them when they die?" Somehow my answers never satisfied him, and he remained an unbeliever.

About a week after my husband and I led my father to the Lord, on what was to be his deathbed, he was very excited on my visit. He told me, "I know why all those people don't know about Jesus- it's because no one told them!"

Out of of the mouth of a brand new Christian, who literally was dying before my eyes. So you know what my father did? He told all the nurses, doctors, aides, cooks, janitorial staff and the other patients all about Jesus.

My father obeyed the Great Commission, without ever having heard it!

Would that we could all do the same!
 
Ephesians 4:5-6
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
 
Yes, Absolutely!

But that is not why I am posting on this thread! The OP has an important point in the closing lines of his opening post. And that is, God has given us the task of evangelizing the lost. Other than missionaries, of whom I know and pray for a number of them, and then a few gifted evangelists, we are missing the boat these days as to the task Jesus gave us to do! We are to be witnesses in all the earth!"

"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inthe name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20

The above passage is rightly called "The Great Commission." The question is, are we doing it, or sitting around debating about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Because a few days ago, there was an obvious Muslim on CC. Most didn't even notice. A few did- they either answered back or belittled him. And of course, some reported him. I was doing the same, myself. Then he wrote me a pm with a loaded question - explain the Trinity to him. I took it literally, got out my theology books and write a long, theological reply. He never answered me back. Which made me angry, after all the work I put into explaining to him the theological concept. He was banned soon after. I was horrified to think I had wasted that pm ranting at him. (I am sure some of you also feel the same way about some of my more elaborate posts!)

But later, God reassured me, that perhaps my complexity in the answer I gave him was what he needed to hear. Instead of egg or water states metaphors, which he could easily dismiss, he could not dismiss that although the Trinity was complex, it was also simple and logical, and someone did have some answers, even if they were paraphrased from great Christian theologians. Yet what a wasted opportunity for all of us to witness to someone who came only for the purpose of disturbing, and maybe making a few converts to his cause!

And God has such a sense of humour! Later that day, a Christian friend sent me an email finally telling me she didn't believe Jesus was God. I prayed about it and felt God telling me to send her the letter. Still no reply to that one, either!

A few few years before my father died, I tried to witness and lead him to the Lord. He objected, once again, by asking me, "What about all the people in the world who aren't Christians, what happens to them when they die?" Somehow my answers never satisfied him, and he remained an unbeliever.

About a week after my husband and I led my father to the Lord, on what was to be his deathbed, he was very excited on my visit. He told me, "I know why all those people don't know about Jesus- it's because no one told them!"

Out of of the mouth of a brand new Christian, who literally was dying before my eyes. So you know what my father did? He told all the nurses, doctors, aides, cooks, janitorial staff and the other patients all about Jesus.

My father obeyed the Great Commission, without ever having heard it!

Would that we could all do the same!
Missing the boat? what is it you think we do on cc everyday? we evangelize everyday on cc in our posts we help to heal the broken hearted we pray for the sake of others we show the heart of God and we give advice and comfort. I would say we have been in the boat for a long time the thing is though because of how the internet reaches ppl we normally would never even be able to talk to we have a much wider range of hearts to reach
 
Guess what? It's not your party. You are invited, and so is everyone else.

Guess what? Christ is the doorman, cause it's His party.

Guess what? You don't get to decide who's at the party, and neither do I.

Guess what? If you worried as much about your own invitation, as you do your neighbors, you might just be in the Will of God.

Guess what? If you think you know who's going to the party, you have a great chance, of missing it.

Guess what? I'm a sinner, and I sure don't deserve an invitation, but I claimed mine.

Guess what? Holding onto that invitation is hard in this world.

Guess what? Making sure to let everyone else know they are invited, is what My Lord commissioned me to do.
Well God said I've got no choice.
 
Guess what? It's not your party. You are invited, and so is everyone else.

Guess what? Christ is the doorman, cause it's His party.

Guess what? You don't get to decide who's at the party, and neither do I.

Guess what? If you worried as much about your own invitation, as you do your neighbors, you might just be in the Will of God.

Guess what? If you think you know who's going to the party, you have a great chance, of missing it.

Guess what? I'm a sinner, and I sure don't deserve an invitation, but I claimed mine.

Guess what? Holding onto that invitation is hard in this world.

Guess what? Making sure to let everyone else know they are invited, is what My Lord commissioned me to do.
Guess what. I don't agree with a single thing you guessed at.

Guess what. While you point fingers at everyone else for going off on the "in heaven" thing, you've done the exact same thing. (At least admit that much. lol)
 
Yes, Absolutely!

But that is not why I am posting on this thread! The OP has an important point in the closing lines of his opening post. And that is, God has given us the task of evangelizing the lost. Other than missionaries, of whom I know and pray for a number of them, and then a few gifted evangelists, we are missing the boat these days as to the task Jesus gave us to do! We are to be witnesses in all the earth!"

"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inthe name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matt 28:18-20

The above passage is rightly called "The Great Commission." The question is, are we doing it, or sitting around debating about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin? Because a few days ago, there was an obvious Muslim on CC. Most didn't even notice. A few did- they either answered back or belittled him. And of course, some reported him. I was doing the same, myself. Then he wrote me a pm with a loaded question - explain the Trinity to him. I took it literally, got out my theology books and write a long, theological reply. He never answered me back. Which made me angry, after all the work I put into explaining to him the theological concept. He was banned soon after. I was horrified to think I had wasted that pm ranting at him. (I am sure some of you also feel the same way about some of my more elaborate posts!)

But later, God reassured me, that perhaps my complexity in the answer I gave him was what he needed to hear. Instead of egg or water states metaphors, which he could easily dismiss, he could not dismiss that although the Trinity was complex, it was also simple and logical, and someone did have some answers, even if they were paraphrased from great Christian theologians. Yet what a wasted opportunity for all of us to witness to someone who came only for the purpose of disturbing, and maybe making a few converts to his cause!

And God has such a sense of humour! Later that day, a Christian friend sent me an email finally telling me she didn't believe Jesus was God. I prayed about it and felt God telling me to send her the letter. Still no reply to that one, either!

A few few years before my father died, I tried to witness and lead him to the Lord. He objected, once again, by asking me, "What about all the people in the world who aren't Christians, what happens to them when they die?" Somehow my answers never satisfied him, and he remained an unbeliever.

About a week after my husband and I led my father to the Lord, on what was to be his deathbed, he was very excited on my visit. He told me, "I know why all those people don't know about Jesus- it's because no one told them!"

Out of of the mouth of a brand new Christian, who literally was dying before my eyes. So you know what my father did? He told all the nurses, doctors, aides, cooks, janitorial staff and the other patients all about Jesus.

My father obeyed the Great Commission, without ever having heard it!

Would that we could all do the same!
He wasn't a Muslim and he wasn't banned for being a Muslim. Check out the TOS. Muslims are welcomed. Trying to evangelize us out of believing in God is not welcomed.

Besides. He back again.
 
Guess what? It's not your party. You are invited, and so is everyone else.

Guess what? Christ is the doorman, cause it's His party.

Guess what? You don't get to decide who's at the party, and neither do I.

Guess what? If you worried as much about your own invitation, as you do your neighbors, you might just be in the Will of God.

Guess what? If you think you know who's going to the party, you have a great chance, of missing it.

Guess what? I'm a sinner, and I sure don't deserve an invitation, but I claimed mine.

Guess what? Holding onto that invitation is hard in this world.

Guess what? Making sure to let everyone else know they are invited, is what My Lord commissioned me to do.
I think some have already arrived:

And he said to them, "Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power." Mark 9:1 RSV
 
I am seated in the heavenlies with Christ already to pray for the lost to come in. If you focus on others you love your neighbour as yourself. If you're worried about yourself something is wrong. Either you have to convert from something or give the accuser a kick and do the duck walk and shake it off.