ARE YOU WELL PREPARED

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 12, 2021
Birmingham, AL
Have you ever thought you could pass a test you did not prepare for? That does not make sense right? Well how do you think you can have a good marriage that you did not prepare for?

Most people seem to think it is a natural process. Well 5% of marriages end good. So what? It Naturally Goes Wrong.

If you think it takes having stable jobs and marrying the person who always goes to church and acts nice then you are headed for a big trap.

Are you going to figure it out/let it conquer you like 95% of once married people. And you might say: it is not that important. Well think about all these problems USALLY occurring from bad mate partnerships:
  • Financial Stress that Falls on One from Breakup;
  • Lost Opportunity to Build a Kingdom;

• Depression in kids;
  • Emptiness;
  • Loneliness when Not in a Good Mate Partnership;

• Loss of Time you can’t get back, Life does not Start Over;

• Misery in It;

• Hate Developed;
  • Division;

• Bad Communication (sometimes Insolent);

• Kids following the same patterns because they had not been taught;
All these is important unless you are the type of person who is not concerned about the quality of your mate partnership but the quantity in it.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Have you ever thought you could pass a test you did not prepare for? That does not make sense right? Well how do you think you can have a good marriage that you did not prepare for?

Most people seem to think it is a natural process. Well 5% of marriages end good. So what? It Naturally Goes Wrong.
End good? As in death? Seems like a natural process.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
I feel like telling someone that they should "just get married, and god will take care of everything" is like satan telling Jesus to take a leap of faith off the pinnacle. There's no organized marriage pamphlet in the bible, but I feel like there's plenty that can be gleaned from different parts of scripture that show us that there are plenty of things to consider beforehand.

Jul 28, 2021

If you think it takes having stable jobs and marrying the person who always goes to church and acts nice then you are headed for a big trap.

Are you going to figure it out/let it conquer you like 95% of once married people. And you might say: it is not that important. Well think about all these problems USALLY occurring from bad mate partnerships:

• Depression in kids;
  • Emptiness;

• Misery in It;

• Hate Developed;
  • Division;

All these is important unless you are the type of person who is not concerned about the quality of your mate partnership but the quantity in it.
You can't prepare to be in a marriage because nothing is like it. You have to commit to it. If you marry knowing and accepting that you are not going to give up, ever, then the Lord uses that marriage to change both of you. For me, the biggest change in both my husband and I is learning grace in all things.

Jul 28, 2021
I feel like telling someone that they should "just get married, and god will take care of everything" is like satan telling Jesus to take a leap of faith off the pinnacle. There's no organized marriage pamphlet in the bible, but I feel like there's plenty that can be gleaned from different parts of scripture that show us that there are plenty of things to consider beforehand.
Easy.. wives respect your husbands and husbands love your wives.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
Easy.. wives respect your husbands and husbands love your wives.
I'd say that's as good a summary of marriage, as "love the lord and thy neighbor" is a summary of the bible. They could both use an expanded explanation.
Hopefully both parties have the same idea of what "love" and "respect" mean.
You can't prepare to be in a marriage because nothing is like it.
There's nothing like skydiving either, but there is a way to go into that situation prepared, and you're much better off doing that, than going into it deciding that you will figure it out on the way down- or that God will help you on the way down. Anything that takes commitment is well worth looking into in detail, before going through with it.

Jul 28, 2021
I'd say that's as good a summary of marriage, as "love the lord and thy neighbor" is a summary of the bible. They could both use an expanded explanation.

There's nothing like skydiving either, but there is a way to go into that situation prepared, and you're much better off doing that, than going into it deciding that you will figure it out on the way down- or that God will help you on the way down. Anything that takes commitment is well worth looking into in detail, before going through with it.
How do you propose someone "prepare" to be married, exactly?
God helps every day in every way. At least my God does.

Jul 28, 2021
A marriage ending good cannot be a good thing.
I hope I see my husband as my brother in heaven, but if I don't, I'm there to be with the Lord, anyway. We both are. We love each other beyond measure but also are very clear that our first love is the Lord.

Jul 28, 2021

I don't think anyone at all is confused about what respect is and what love is. This is the admonition to the a believer in Scripture. If you and your spouse do not agree what the definition of these terms are, then do a study together.

Jul 28, 2021

• Depression in kids;
  • Emptiness;

• Misery in It;

• Hate Developed;
  • Division;

Willie, I have a suggestion for you. Do not get married.

SomeDisciple

Jul 4, 2021
How do you propose someone "prepare" to be married, exactly?
God helps every day in every way. At least my God does.
And sometimes that help is letting people live with the consequences of having done something stupid that was completely avoidable. A close friend of mine had a pseudo-christian girlfriend that liked church, but he didn't find out that she didn't actually believe any of it was real until a while after they were married and she was pregnant.
I don't think anyone at all is confused about what respect is and what love is.
Read the forums more, I guess. Because I see plenty of confused people.
If you and your spouse do not agree what the definition of these terms are, then do a study together.
I'd say it's probably more effective to do this before you're married, but that's one good answer to your first question.

Jul 28, 2021
And sometimes that help is letting people live with the consequences of having done something stupid that was completely avoidable. A close friend of mine had a pseudo-christian girlfriend that liked church, but he didn't find out that she didn't actually believe any of it was real until a while after they were married and she was pregnant.

Read the forums more, I guess. Because I see plenty of confused people.

I'd say it's probably more effective to do this before you're married, but that's one good answer to your first question.
So, your friend didn't know if the woman he fell in love with was actually a believer? He couldn't discern that? It seems your friend was more interested in some hot bootie than a Godly woman. A Godly man will find a Godly woman. Someone who is seeking something else will find it.

I assume you have never been married. Marriage is not anything you can prepare for. You will only understand it when you are in it.