ArtsieSteph's dad's cancer superthread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

pottersclay

I hope that you guys would pray for my dad emotionally, this chemo doesn’t really do much to him physically but it really seems to put him through the ringer’s for his emotional state. And I keep thinking that I’m not doing good job in a lot of areas and it’s tough to try and figure out what I need to do to help him. At the same time it’s hard to not be selfish and think of what would keep me the least crazy or rundown.
You always have my prayers Steph but I need to be truthful here if I'm going to be a good friend here. Sometimes there is nothing to do or nothing you can do. Steph God bless your passion in caring for your dad but you can't be there for everything and expect to be the agent of relief for everything.
There are aches and pains some medicines won't address. Mental fatigue, scrambled thoughts, side effects that will last for a while.
Your dad will be different after the treatments and will have to get used to the new him. So will you.
Emotionally it fatiguing , a huge rollercoaster ride 24/7 sometimes. To much sleep, not enough sleep. The body is adjusting and readjusting. I think your doing everything anyone can and I know it's hurtful to watch but we all have our limitations....but the Lord he has none.

Got you in prayer my friend.

Potter

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Thank you, I actually need to hear that sometimes. Because I take on a lot...

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Also they had dad go back to work today. I'm part sad, part mostly excited to get personal time, yet also guilty because I shouldn't feel so excited to be alone. Dad tends to not feel much when he's kinda overloaded, he says his tendency is to go kinda numb. But for me it's like emotional confusion.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Also they had dad go back to work today. I'm part sad, part mostly excited to get personal time, yet also guilty because I shouldn't feel so excited to be alone. Dad tends to not feel much when he's kinda overloaded, he says his tendency is to go kinda numb. But for me it's like emotional confusion.
Steph, it's perfectly okay to feel blessed by a small hiatus.

you don't always have to be the strong one. ♥

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I never feel strong ever XDDDD But I am so happy that you said that

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
For some reason our house has kinda been a bit....emotionally up heaved. There has been random arguing and dad gets irritated a lot more easily....we just need prayer I guess.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
For some reason our house has kinda been a bit....emotionally up heaved. There has been random arguing and dad gets irritated a lot more easily....we just need prayer I guess.
I know what that's like sweetie that's pretty much 24/7 here at my house these storms come but eventually pass. Emotions are like bubbles you see from the carbonation when you pour soda really fast they fizz up but soon enough bubble down

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Yeah it's really hard.....
[video]https://giphy.com/gifs/cats-gl8ymnpv4Sqha?utm_source=media-link&utm_medium=landing&utm_campaign=Media%20Links&utm_term=https://giphy.com/gifs/cats-gl8ymnpv4Sqha/download[/video]

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
[video]https://giphy.com/gifs/cats-gl8ymnpv4Sqha?utm_source=media-link&utm_medium=landing&utm_campaign=Media%20Links&utm_term=https://giphy.com/gifs/cats-gl8ymnpv4Sqha/download[/video]
ugh... i am not good at posting gifs lol

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
So Dad had some liquid outside his stomach and I think it’s gettig drained. Which scares me because he has a chemo that makes healing slower so I’m scared he’s gonna get an infection.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Haha almost instant update. He ended up not needing any liquid taken out, but they did do an ultrasound which told them that the liquid was only like 11 ounces. Not enough to really warrant anything other than what is already scheduled.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Daddy has a cryotherapy tomorrow very very very early in the morning. Just prayer for that. He is gonna be sooooooooooooooo tired. And that he doesn't have to have a feeding tube again if it's God's will.

D

Depleted

Haha almost instant update. He ended up not needing any liquid taken out, but they did do an ultrasound which told them that the liquid was only like 11 ounces. Not enough to really warrant anything other than what is already scheduled.
Put that in your mental scrapbook as "Another thing I worried about that the Lord fixed before I even had enough time to get seriously worried."

That part of my mental scrapbook is about 50% of the size of the "Really had time to worry about it, everything went wrong, and yet the Lord still straightened it out" section. lol

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
My dad is getting immune therapy possibly starting Tuesday. This is good and scary because it could kinda be his last line.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I'm kinda terrified cuz I guess dad is throwing up a little. Which is bad

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Trying to deal with the anxiery of this is difficult *awkward forced laughter*