As He Softens the Heart and Toughens the Skin...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
So much battling in this world of ours, seems a crime, guess its been that way thanks to satan since the dawn of time.

I see it online and I see it off, division seems to be common stance, taking pleasure in arguing like some sort of bickering dance.

It is important to stand in His truth, and within its core is His love and mercy, waiting at the door.

I walk away from a spirit filled with strife, now I go towards His exalted presence, where there is renewing life.

I don't understand so much of the disputes, so much anger, suspicion and doubt... I am grateful my security doesn't require I have it all figured out.

Time with Him, takes away the noise and brings serenity, so much tranquility, so much sanctuary.

I sometimes lament over the struggles mankind has with one another, especially since He gives us to each other.

He reminds me, though, so often...

“The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.”

As He softens my heart, and toughens my skin, He confirms Himself within.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Good thoughts. Would make a great Bible Study if you included Scriptures to support the ideas expressed in each verse.

I would add "that" to:
I am grateful my security doesn't require (that) I have it all figured out.

but, that's just me, so...…...

Enjoyed it muchly

Theophilos

Aug 4, 2019
Good thoughts. Would make a great Bible Study if you included Scriptures to support the ideas expressed in each verse.

I would add "that" to:

Enjoyed it muchly
Excellent comment. It seems there could be a reference to the Scripture after every stanza.

Theophilos

Aug 4, 2019
At first I wondered why it wasn’t formatted with stanzas and verses, with the rhyming words at the end of each, but looking at it more I like it better this way actually. Great poem, thank you for sharing.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

I would add "that" to:

Enjoyed it muchly
Yes I agree with "that", lol. Good call..

Also ..

It is important to stand in His truth. within its core is His love and mercy, waiting at the door.

Id take out those stinky commas and add an are...

It is important to stand in His truth; within its core are His love and mercy waiting at the door.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Thanks y'all. I so enjoyed the feedback. Thank you for reading. God Bless you all...:D 🙏