As in all the churches of the saints

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
33. As in all the churches of the saints,

34. let the women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in
subjection, as also saith the law.

35. And if they would learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home: for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church.

36. What? was it from you that the word of God went forth? or came it unto you alone?

37. If any man thinketh himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him take knowledge of the things which I write unto you, that they are the commandment of the Lord. (1 Corinthian 14)

The time of world is a time of equality, but let us keep this order of God's church more valuable in our hearts, than this new order of world. This world will disappear, but God's word will be forever, and they who keeps his word.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

34. let the women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in

35. And if they would learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home: for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church.

36. What? was it from you that the word of God went forth? or came it unto you alone?

37. If any man thinketh himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him take knowledge of the things which I write unto you, that they are the commandment of the Lord. (1 Corinthian 14)

The time of world is a time of equality, but let us keep this order of God's church more valuable in our hearts, than this new order of world. This world will disappear, but God's word will be forever, and they who keeps his word.
Out of all the many doctrines that are taught in the world, only one doctrine is the doctrine that Jesus taught and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Of course every false doctrine that is taught is thought by those that teach it to be the same doctrine that Jesus taught. God has held the doctrine of Christ as a mystery to the vast majority of people and revealed it only to a few. I do not understand why God does not reveal it to the masses, but it was not his good pleasure to do so.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

Rather than simply taking these verses out of context, let us rather consider the whole context of Scripture, the NT, Paul's letters, this letter, and this passage, and the historical-religious-cultural context into which it was written. Once we understand all that, then and only then should we consider how to apply it. :)

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Rather than simply taking these verses out of context, let us rather consider the whole context of Scripture, the NT, Paul's letters, this letter, and this passage, and the historical-religious-cultural context into which it was written. Once we understand all that, then and only then should we consider how to apply it. :)
Jesus said all scriptures are inspired by God. God does not change, neither does his inspired writings. The people who worship God have changed the way they worship in many way by adding many things to their worship service that was not mentioned in the scripture examples of what we are to include in our worship service to him. I am God, I change not, therefore ye son's of Jacob (who God changed his name to be called Israel) shall not be consumed.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

I predicted that you would get some flack over this scripture from the female gender. It is an inspired scripture, and I believe it to be true.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Jesus said all scriptures are inspired by God. God does not change, neither does his inspired writings.
Agreed. However, our understanding of them does change.

The people who worship God have changed the way they worship in many way by adding many things to their worship service that was not mentioned in the scripture examples of what we are to include in our worship service to him. I am God, I change not, therefore ye son's of Jacob (who God changed his name to be called Israel) shall not be consumed.
Again, agreed. Are there parts of modern worship that you consider inappropriate or inconsistent with God's character or His word to us?

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

Again, agreed. Are there parts of modern worship that you consider inappropriate or inconsistent with God's character or His word to us?
The only examples that I find mentioned specifically is to 1. Pray 2. preach 3. sing and make melody in your heart.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

There are other ways that people worshiped God in the old testament, but Jesus had not set up his church yet.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The only examples that I find mentioned specifically is to 1. Pray 2. preach 3. sing and make melody in your heart.
Soooo... to what were you alluding in your previous post?

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Does repenting mean change?

We know that God changed His mind a couple of times in Genesis. First, in 6:6, He "repents" of (or regrets) making mankind, and decides to wipe them out with the flood. Then after the flood, in 9:13, He decides that probably wasn't the best idea either, and He hangs up a rainbow as a promise to never do it again.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Does repenting mean change?

We know that God changed His mind a couple of times in Genesis. First, in 6:6, He "repents" of (or regrets) making mankind, and decides to wipe them out with the flood. Then after the flood, in 9:13, He decides that probably wasn't the best idea either, and He hangs up a rainbow as a promise to never do it again.
Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.