As in the days of Noah... ALL flesh had CORRUPTED itself

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
You'd have to live on a desert island not to know about the DNA manipulation (corrupting God's Creation) going on today, even IF you don't include the mRNA vaccine they want to pump into everyone.
Just as in the days of Noah, God’s creation is being altered and corrupted. He will not let this sin go on. Or no flesh would be saved:

World’s first gene-edited babies created in China

Better Living Through Crispr: Growing Human Organs in Pigs
Scientist Juan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte wants to use gene editing to create human-animal hybrids that we can harvest for parts. What could go wrong?

The list of this stuff is endless. Watch the Netflix documentary “Unnatural Selection” series to see just how ubiquitous the evil is.

This beauty actually happened almost a decade ago:

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I havent read anything except the first post so maybe my post is UNNECESSARY.

But I want to know: WHERE are the nephilim, surely we aint got no giants around. Do you suspect it could be they are here as demonic spirits? Could it be they are coming back in the future as "UFOs"?

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015

But I want to know: WHERE are the nephilim, surely we aint got no giants around. Do you suspect it could be they are here as demonic spirits? Could it be they are coming back in the future as "UFOs"?
Well, the inhabitants of the earth will be seeing demonic beings during the time of God's wrath. For at the sounding of the 5th trumpet/1st woe, an angel will open the Abyss releasing hordes of demonic beings resembling locusts, with their main goal being to torment mankind with stings like those of a scorpion. After that, at the sounding of the 6th trumpet/2nd woe, four fallen angels will be released with their demonic army of 200 million will kill a third of the earths population. At that same time is when the angel of the Abyss, the beast, comes up out of the Abyss. My point being that there will be some unprecedent events taking place on the earth during that time.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
But I want to know: WHERE are the nephilim, surely we aint got no giants around.

^ ^ Do you think Robert Wadlow's dad was a demon?
He sure don't look like one to me :giggle::devilish::unsure::geek:

At the time of RW's death he weighed 440 pounds
and showed no signs of stopping growing.

• Feb. 22, 1918 ·
  • Died: Jul. 15, 1940
  • RIP

John146

Jan 13, 2016
Well, the inhabitants of the earth will be seeing demonic beings during the time of God's wrath. For at the sounding of the 5th trumpet/1st woe, an angel will open the Abyss releasing hordes of demonic beings resembling locusts, with their main goal being to torment mankind with stings like those of a scorpion. After that, at the sounding of the 6th trumpet/2nd woe, four fallen angels will be released with their demonic army of 200 million will kill a third of the earths population. At that same time is when the angel of the Abyss, the beast, comes up out of the Abyss. My point being that there will be some unprecedent events taking place on the earth during that time.
The book of Jude is all about these perverted fallen sons of God. Iron mixed with clay will again be on the earth.

John146

Jan 13, 2016

• Feb. 22, 1918 ·
  • RIP
Gigantism caused by a brain tumor and an abundance of growth hormones.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015

• Feb. 22, 1918 ·
  • RIP
That pic don't show his mama! ;)

Feb 21, 2021
Robert Wadlow was a member of a very famous witchcraft cult from his childhood to his death. Probably not the best example.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013

This deserves a full answer. I can’t get to it right now.

But I want to address one of the supposedly big points the “sons of God in Genesis 6 are human” crowd like to bring up this verse:
Matthew 22:30
New King James Version
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God IN HEAVEN.

This verse actually supports that the Angels had sex and procreated with human women.

In fact, this is the exact reason why they are in chains in Tartarus right now.

Jude 6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; 7 as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Here Jude tells us these angels left their own “abode, or habitation” . They abandoned their heavenly bodies. The Greek word is “Oiketerion” .

This word is used only one other time in Scripture describing the heavenly body WE will receive upon our resurrection to be like the Angels IN HEAVEN.

2 Corinthians 5:2
New King James Version
2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation (oiketerion) which is from heaven,

About as conclusive as you can get.

The sin the angels committed was of a sexual nature, NOT involving their heavenly bodies, NOT committed IN HEAVEN, resulting in imprisonment in the horrible place called Tartarus.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
So what other abominations occurred in the days of Noah, that will manifest in these end times?

Cannibalism. Yes there has been cannibalism to small degrees throughout history. But it is one of the grave sins the Nephilim engaged in.

Here the men Moses sent to spy out the land saw the Nephilim, and not only were they so large that they felt like tiny insects in comparison to them, but they also reported that they ate people!!

32 And they gave the children of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone as spies is a land that DEVOURS ITS INHABITANTS, and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great stature. 33 There we saw the ( ephilim) giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

So what’s the tie in with Jesus’s “as in the days of Noah “?

Matthew 24: 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were EATING and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,

The Greek word for eating here is Trogo:

5176. trógó ►
Strong's Concordance
trógó: to gnaw, munch, crunch
Original Word: τρώγω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: trógó
Phonetic Spelling: (tro'-go)
Definition: to gnaw, munch, crunch

There are several other Greek words used in Scripture to denote regular eating of food. You can look them up at your leisure.

Trogo, is only used to denote the consumption of human flesh. This is the word Jesus uses when He says we must eat His flesh and drink His Blood.

So apparently cannibalism will accompany the dna alteration so prominent in the end times.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Isn't incorporation of aborted babies into the covid vaccine a type of cannibalism?
Good observation! And speaking of eating and drinking, I seem to remember there being a report that Pepsi in some manner uses aborted fetal tissue.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
So what other abominations occurred in the days of Noah, that will manifest in these end times?

Cannibalism. Yes there has been cannibalism to small degrees throughout history. But it is one of the grave sins the Nephilim engaged in.

Here the men Moses sent to spy out the land saw the Nephilim, and not only were they so large that they felt like tiny insects in comparison to them, but they also reported that they ate people!!

32 And they gave the children of Israel a bad report of the land which they had spied out, saying, “The land through which we have gone as spies is a land that DEVOURS ITS INHABITANTS, and all the people whom we saw in it are men of great stature. 33 There we saw the ( ephilim) giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.”

So what’s the tie in with Jesus’s “as in the days of Noah “?

Matthew 24: 38 For as in the days before the flood, they were EATING and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,

The Greek word for eating here is Trogo:

5176. trógó ►
Strong's Concordance
trógó: to gnaw, munch, crunch
Original Word: τρώγω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: trógó
Phonetic Spelling: (tro'-go)
Definition: to gnaw, munch, crunch

There are several other Greek words used in Scripture to denote regular eating of food. You can look them up at your leisure.

Trogo, is only used to denote the consumption of human flesh. This is the word Jesus uses when He says we must eat His flesh and drink His Blood.

So apparently cannibalism will accompany the dna alteration so prominent in the end times.
Good day, PennEd!

Once again, we have Enoch in agreement with the information regarding the Nephilim's stature and cannibalism, as listed below:

Enoch 7:11-13
"And they conceiving brought forth giants; whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them; When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them.

Feb 28, 2016
we say to those who are sleeping;
Awake, Awake, for the whole world is preparing to take
a strange turn of fate - a formation of God's prophetic puzzle
begins to rapidly fall into place...

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
Genesis 6:5 Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

So what IS this wickedness and sin that caused God to scrub the world and start anew?

It can't be the sin we are all familiar with. Which is the breaking of the Law. Because that has gone on unabated since the Ark landed on Mt Ararat!

No. There was a SPECIFIC sin committed. And we are actually told what that sin is in this chapter.

Genesis 6:
9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God. 10 And Noah begot three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God LOOKED upon the earth, and INDEED it was CORRUPT; for ALL flesh had CORRUPTED THEIR WAY on the earth.

Corrupt- Blemished, Spoiled, Polluted

So ALL flesh had somehow corrupted itself, AND most of the animals. I believe this is more than them all being descendants of the Nephilim, although I'm sure many had the satanic genes.

We tend to think of the ancients as not much smarter than cavemen. NOTHING could be further from the truth. These people were brilliant. Close to the original creation of Adam. Evolution teaches that we are getting mentally and physically better as a world and species. NOT true. As time goes by we are weaker and weaker than our ancestors in every way except accumulated knowledge.

On top of that, they likely had first hand satanic knowledge of a myriad of subjects, including DNA manipulation.

I believe these people DID something to themselves and animals on a genetic level that so altered God's original Creation, that He had to utterly wipe them out.

THAT was THE sin God could not tolerate.
Except....

9 This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations (FROM WHICH WE GET GENES). Noah walked with God. 10 And Noah begot three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

So Noah had incorrupt GENES. As well as the selected animals.

Now Jesus tells us that in the last days this SAME kind of sin committed in Noah's days, will happen again.

And UNLESS these days are shortened, NO FLESH (uncorrupted) will be saved!

You'd have to live on a desert island not to know about the DNA manipulation (corrupting God's Creation) going on today, even IF you don't include the mRNA vaccine they want to pump into everyone.

So....
Good thread @PennEd

NOV25

Nov 23, 2019
3. Angels married human women
The third view is that a group of angels (the 'sons of God') descended upon the earth and married human women (the 'daughters of men'). I would argue this is the most accurate interpretation of the text (see my 'personal thought' below), and it seems to have been the earliest view as evident in both Jewish and Christian texts:

1 Enoch's Book of Watchers (3rd century BC)
And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' ... And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon. (R.H. Charles translation)​
Jubilees 4.15-5.7 (2nd century BC)
in [Jared's] days the angels of the Lord descended on the earth, those who are named the Watchers, that they should instruct the children of men ... And it came to pass when the children of men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born unto them, that the angels of God saw them on a certain year of this jubilee, that they were beautiful to look upon; and they took themselves wives of all whom they chose, and they bare unto them sons and they were giants. (R.H. Charles translation)​
LXX Genesis 6.2-5 (2nd-1st century BC)
Some copies of the Septuagint chose to translate the Hebrew 'sons of God' into the Greek 'angels of God'.

Philo, On the Giants (1st century AD)
"And when the angels of God saw the daughters of men that they were beautiful, they took unto themselves wives of all of them whom they Chose." Those beings, whom other philosophers call demons, Moses usually calls angels; and they are souls hovering in the air.​
Josephus, Jewish Antiquities 1.3.1 (1st century AD)
For many angels of God accompanied with women, and begat sons that proved unjust, and despisers of all that was good, on account of the confidence they had in their own strength; for the tradition is, that these men did what resembled the acts of those whom the Grecians call giants. (William Whiston translation)​
Jude 6-7 (1st century AD)
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day: just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. (ESV translation)​
The epistle of Jude draws extensively upon 1 Enoch; with that textual transmission in mind, it is clear Jude is referring to the episode in Genesis 6.1-4. Jude 6-7 is further repeated in 2 Peter 2.4.

By the second century AD, the Jewish authorities were moving away from the 'angels' interpretation because of the growing view that angels could not, by nature, defy God's will. See, for example, Justin Martyr's Dialogue With Trypho, chapter 79. In this text, Justin (allegedly) debated a Jewish man named Trypho, who said:

The utterances of God are holy, but your expositions are mere contrivances, as is plain from what has been explained by you; nay, even blasphemies, for you assert that angels sinned and revolted from God. (Philip Schaff translation)​
Meanwhile, Christian authorities favored it until about the fourth or fifth century, with Augustine being the main contributor to a shift in popular opinion.

Personal thought
As an aside, my personal thought is that Genesis 6.1-4 was written as an etiology for the tribes of 'giants' found in the narrative between the exodus and the rise of David: the Rephaim, the Emim, and the Anakim, all groups remembered for their extreme size (e.g. Numbers 13.33; Deuteronomy 1.28; 2.10,21; 9.2).

The last group, the offspring of Anak, are explicitly said to come from the nephilim(Numbers 13.33). A few 'giants' in particular survived in Israel's social memory: Og of Bashan (Deuteronomy 3.11), Goliath of Gath (1 Samuel 17.4), and a group of six Philistines from Gath (2 Samuel 21.18-22).

By the exilic period, memory of 'giants' who fought against Israel's ancestors was retained in the social consciousness. With this, as the scribes were compiling the larger narrative of Genesis—2 Kings, they wrote a story explaining the immense size and violence of those ancient enemies: Og, Goliath, et al, were offspring of the Rephaim, the Emim, and the Anakim, who were all descendants of the nephilim, the 'mighty men of ancient times, men of fame', who owed their great stature to angelic fathers.

source: https://hermeneutics.stackexchange....ere-the-sons-of-god-bene-elohim-in-genesis-62

3. Angels married human women
The third view is that a group of angels (the 'sons of God') descended upon the earth and married human women (the 'daughters of men'). I would argue this is the most accurate interpretation of the text (see my 'personal thought' below), and it seems to have been the earliest view as evident in both Jewish and Christian texts:

1 Enoch's Book of Watchers (3rd century BC)
And it came to pass when the children of men had multiplied that in those days were born unto them beautiful and comely daughters. And the angels, the children of the heaven, saw and lusted after them, and said to one another: 'Come, let us choose us wives from among the children of men and beget us children.' ... And they were in all two hundred; who descended in the days of Jared on the summit of Mount Hermon. (R.H. Charles translation)​
Jubilees 4.15-5.7 (2nd century BC)
in [Jared's] days the angels of the Lord descended on the earth, those who are named the Watchers, that they should instruct the children of men ... And it came to pass when the children of men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born unto them, that the angels of God saw them on a certain year of this jubilee, that they were beautiful to look upon; and they took themselves wives of all whom they chose, and they bare unto them sons and they were giants. (R.H. Charles translation)​
LXX Genesis 6.2-5 (2nd-1st century BC)
Some copies of the Septuagint chose to translate the Hebrew 'sons of God' into the Greek 'angels of God'.

Philo, On the Giants (1st century AD)
"And when the angels of God saw the daughters of men that they were beautiful, they took unto themselves wives of all of them whom they Chose." Those beings, whom other philosophers call demons, Moses usually calls angels; and they are souls hovering in the air.​
Josephus, Jewish Antiquities 1.3.1 (1st century AD)
For many angels of God accompanied with women, and begat sons that proved unjust, and despisers of all that was good, on account of the confidence they had in their own strength; for the tradition is, that these men did what resembled the acts of those whom the Grecians call giants. (William Whiston translation)​
Jude 6-7 (1st century AD)
And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day: just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire. (ESV translation)​
The epistle of Jude draws extensively upon 1 Enoch; with that textual transmission in mind, it is clear Jude is referring to the episode in Genesis 6.1-4. Jude 6-7 is further repeated in 2 Peter 2.4.

By the second century AD, the Jewish authorities were moving away from the 'angels' interpretation because of the growing view that angels could not, by nature, defy God's will. See, for example, Justin Martyr's Dialogue With Trypho, chapter 79. In this text, Justin (allegedly) debated a Jewish man named Trypho, who said:

The utterances of God are holy, but your expositions are mere contrivances, as is plain from what has been explained by you; nay, even blasphemies, for you assert that angels sinned and revolted from God. (Philip Schaff translation)​
Meanwhile, Christian authorities favored it until about the fourth or fifth century, with Augustine being the main contributor to a shift in popular opinion.

Personal thought
As an aside, my personal thought is that Genesis 6.1-4 was written as an etiology for the tribes of 'giants' found in the narrative between the exodus and the rise of David: the Rephaim, the Emim, and the Anakim, all groups remembered for their extreme size (e.g. Numbers 13.33; Deuteronomy 1.28; 2.10,21; 9.2).

The last group, the offspring of Anak, are explicitly said to come from the nephilim(Numbers 13.33). A few 'giants' in particular survived in Israel's social memory: Og of Bashan (Deuteronomy 3.11), Goliath of Gath (1 Samuel 17.4), and a group of six Philistines from Gath (2 Samuel 21.18-22).

By the exilic period, memory of 'giants' who fought against Israel's ancestors was retained in the social consciousness. With this, as the scribes were compiling the larger narrative of Genesis—2 Kings, they wrote a story explaining the immense size and violence of those ancient enemies: Og, Goliath, et al, were offspring of the Rephaim, the Emim, and the Anakim, who were all descendants of the nephilim, the 'mighty men of ancient times, men of fame', who owed their great stature to angelic fathers.

source: https://hermeneutics.stackexchange....ere-the-sons-of-god-bene-elohim-in-genesis-62

Goliath is a great example! Really good insight on this thread. I have heard teachings about Nephilims in church as well. Only God himself truly knows, and of course gives revelation knowledge to us about the linage line of the species and where it ended or if it ended at all. This makes me think of the Indians back in days of old (being native american myself), native americans when greeting or meeting someone they would say "how" with their hand open and their fingers spread out. This could've been a way to identify if their visitors had 5 fingers or 6? The nephilims were huge in size, but like fallen angels and deformities (since they were cast out of the presence of God) could have more than 5 fingers as well (I know far fetched and I am not usually one to speculate, lol, but it is quite interesting to think of). I haven't read the book of Enoch, I've heard that it can be quite overwhelming in details of how bad things were, but I definitely believe the scripture. No arguing with God's word here ;).
Also I watched this sometime ago and this thread made me think of this: