As Jonah was three days and three nights...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Matthew 12 (see also Jonah 1:15-2:10; Mt 16:4; Luke 11:29-32)
38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

The prophecy of Jonah (8th century BC) is found in the Old Testament among the Minor Prophets. Since it has one of the most remarkable miracles recorded in the Bible, the Higher Critics (theological liberals and modernists) rejected it as a true historical account of a man being swallowed by a great fish (a whale) and then vomited out alive (see The Story of Jonah in the Light of Higher Criticism by Luther Tracy Townsend https://archive.org/details/storyofjonahinli00town/page/n3).

On the other hand, the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that what happened to Jonah was a precursor to what would happen to Him from the time of His death to His resurrection. Jonah was the type and Jesus was the antitype.

According to the prayer of Jonah, he died after being swallowed, and his soul and spirit went to Sheol-Hades for three days and three nights: “And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights. ...out of the belly of hell (שְׁאֹ֛ול Sheol) cried I, and thou heardest my voice...Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.” (Jonah 1:17; 2:2,4).

When Christ died, His body was placed in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea. His soul and spirit also went to Sheol-Hades for three days and three night: For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell ( שְׁאֹ֛ול Sheol); neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption... Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell (ᾄδην Hades), neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.(Ps 16:10; Acts 2:27) These Scriptures tell us that Christ did not remain in Sheol-Hades for more than there days and three nights, and His body did not experience any corruption or decay.

In order for Christ to fulfill this prophecy exactly, the 14th of Nisan in the year 30 AD would have been on a Wednesday, and that is the day on which Christ died. Therefore Christians should observe “Good Wednesday”, not “Good Friday” (if indeed they observe this day). And in order to fulfill three days and three nights we would have to reckon days from sunset to sunset (as was the stipulation in the Old Testament, and the manner of Hebrew reckoning).

Sunset Wednesday to sunset Thursday (24 hours)
Sunset Thursday to sunset Friday (24 hours)
Sunset Friday to sunset Saturday (24 hours)

Anytime after sunset on Saturday would be the first day of the week, and it is more than likely that Christ arose on that day between midnight and dawn. Christ's resurrection was to be a "sign" to unbelieving Jews that He was indeed both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:32-36). And without the resurrection of Christ there could be no Gospel or Good News for sinners.

If the men of Nineveh repented through the preaching of the resurrected and reluctant prophet Jonah, how much more should all men everywhere repent at the preaching of Christ and Him crucified and resurrected?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
And the LORD God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was exceeding glad of the gourd. But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the next day, and it smote the gourd that it withered.
(Jonah 4:6-7)

this 'worm' is a particular worm -- the word also means ((and is used in scripture as)) 'scarlet' or 'crimson'

it is the same one:

But I am a worm and not a man
(Psalm 22:6)

this worm is the source of the scarlet / crimson dye used in the tabernacle ((Exodus 25, 36-39, etc)) -- and it is a very interesting picture.
it ((coccus ilicis)) has children once in its life, and doing so attaches itself to wood, making a hard, crimson shell, which protects both herself and her children - which feed on her while she still lives. when the young are ready to live on their own, the mother crimson worm dies, secreting a scarlet which permanently stains both the wood and the babies - they are colored all their life by their parent.

after 3 days the crimson shell becomes white and falls from the wood, like snow.

it is also the same word describing what happened to manna that was kept overnight ((except for what was provisioned for a sabbath, when it was not gathered)) in Exodus 16:20

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

Anytime after sunset on Saturday would be the first day of the week, and it is more than likely that Christ arose on that day between midnight and dawn.
Would that not be more than 3 days and nights if He rose after sunset. Yes, I think it would. He was buried just before sunset then He must have risen just before sunset. :cool:

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
He was buried just before sunset then He must have risen just before sunset
No, Christ was entombed AFTER sunset.

MATTHEW 27

SUNSET -- WHEN EVEN(ING) WAS COME
When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:

CHRIST'S BODY DELIVERED TO JOSEPH
58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. [this may have taken some time]

CHRIST WRAPPED IN LINEN
59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, [this would have taken more time]

CHRIST ENTOMBED (NOT LITERALLY BURIED UNDER THE EARTH]
60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed. [this would have taken more time]

So it could have taken anywhere from 1-3 hours before the entombment of Christ was completed.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
No, Christ was entombed AFTER sunset.

MATTHEW 27

SUNSET -- WHEN EVEN(ING) WAS COME
57 When the even was come, there came a rich man of Arimathaea, named Joseph, who also himself was Jesus' disciple:

CHRIST'S BODY DELIVERED TO JOSEPH
58 He went to Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. Then Pilate commanded the body to be delivered. [this may have taken some time]

CHRIST WRAPPED IN LINEN
59 And when Joseph had taken the body, he wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, [this would have taken more time]

CHRIST ENTOMBED (NOT LITERALLY BURIED UNDER THE EARTH]
60 And laid it in his own new tomb, which he had hewn out in the rock: and he rolled a great stone to the door of the sepulchre, and departed. [this would have taken more time]

So it could have taken anywhere from 1-3 hours before the entombment of Christ was completed.
Sorry, any self respecting Jew would not do such a thing after sunset. For it is unlawful. The Gospel of John gives us the time-frame:

John 19:41, 42 "Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb in which no one had yet been laid. So because of the Jewish day of Preparation, since the tomb was close at hand, they laid Jesus there."

Ask any Jew what the day of Preparation is. :cool:

S

SpoonJuly

I guess I am just an ignorant old man. I always accept the Scripture as being the Word of God and therefore the truth as stated.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Ask any Jew what the day of Preparation is. :cool:
let's ask Mark:

And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath
(Mark 15:42)

this reads to me as tho evening had come, and that evening was the day before the sabbath.

which sabbath?

John tells us, a 'high sabbath' - which, I take it, isn't the weekly one ((unless the weekly one is supposed to be counted according to the lunar calendar, not just every seventh day - or they just so happened to coincide that year))

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
let's ask Mark:

And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the sabbath
(Mark 15:42)

this reads to me as tho evening had come, and that evening was the day before the sabbath.

which sabbath?

John tells us, a 'high sabbath' - which, I take it, isn't the weekly one ((unless the weekly one is supposed to be counted according to the lunar calendar, not just every seventh day - or they just so happened to coincide that year))
No, this was 30 AD and like Nehemiah stated it was on a Wednesday that year: :)

JewCal30.png

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Gen 35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
(NOTE: Rachel's spirit is DEPARTING)

19 And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.

It appears Jesus dies & his spirit DEPARTS at 3PM, before sunset.

Matt 27:45 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
(NOTE: 9th hr - 3PM, before sunset)

Mark 15:25 And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
(NOTE 3rd hr - 9AM)

33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.
(NOTE: 6th hr -noon til 9th hr - 3PM, before sunset)

34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

35 And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias.

36 And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.

37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
(NOTE: 9th hr = 3PM, "vs 33 & 34" Jesus spirit leaves his body. It doesn't matter where Jesus earthly body is. His Spirit has DEPARTED from it)

38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
(NOTE: Jesus Spirit rips thru/splitting the veil that separates sinful man from the spiritual realm beyond, before sunset.)

My Opinion Only!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Gen 35:18 And it came to pass, as her soul was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Benoni: but his father called him Benjamin.
(NOTE: Rachel's spirit is DEPARTING)

19 And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.

It appears Jesus dies & his spirit DEPARTS at 3PM, before sunset.

Matt 27:45 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Mark 15:25 And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.
(NOTE 3rd hr - 9AM)

33 And when the sixth hour was come, there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour.
(NOTE: 6th hr -noon til 9th hr - 3PM, before sunset)

34 And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

35 And some of them that stood by, when they heard it, said, Behold, he calleth Elias.

36 And one ran and filled a spunge full of vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink, saying, Let alone; let us see whether Elias will come to take him down.

37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
(NOTE: 9th hr = 3PM, "vs 33 & 34" Jesus spirit leaves his body. It doesn't matter where Jesus earthly body is. His Spirit has DEPARTED from it)

38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom.
(NOTE: Jesus Spirit rips thru/splitting the veil that separates sinful man from the spiritual realm beyond, before sunset.)

My Opinion Only!
It has been my understanding since I first meditated on the information aboe that because of the timing given by the Word and the teaching of Jesus that He would , like Johan and the big fish, be in the belly of the earth for three days and three nights.

Days are counted as days and nights as nights always and the entire day and night, be it lunar or solar calendar is 24 hours puls a minute fraction.

Our Lord died in the late afternoon, perhaps at 3 pm, and one day would be Saturday 3 PM, two days, Sunday 3 PM, and finally Monday 3 PM. This I believe and I cannot deny what Jesus , Himself, teaches us, not to meniton all of the Word.

As far as I am concerned, if He dided on what we call Friday at 3 PM, He rose sometime Monday, probably after 3 PM

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Sorry, any self respecting Jew would not do such a thing after sunset. For it is unlawful.
Joseph of Arimathea was a self-respecting and law-abiding disciple of Christ. He did what he felt led to do. He deserves your respect.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
It has been my understanding since I first meditated on the information aboe that because of the timing given by the Word and the teaching of Jesus that He would , like Johan and the big fish, be in the belly of the earth for three days and three nights.

Days are counted as days and nights as nights always and the entire day and night, be it lunar or solar calendar is 24 hours puls a minute fraction.

Our Lord died in the late afternoon, perhaps at 3 pm, and one day would be Saturday 3 PM, two days, Sunday 3 PM, and finally Monday 3 PM. This I believe and I cannot deny what Jesus , Himself, teaches us, not to meniton all of the Word.

As far as I am concerned, if He dided on what we call Friday at 3 PM, He rose sometime Monday, probably after 3 PM
Hello Jaumel,
I believe you know & love the Lord. I respectfully disagree, on several points, with your posted reply to me.

Point 1:
John 11: 9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
(NOTE: Jesus say's here, a day has 12 hours)

Point 2:
Already mentioned in this thread - High Day - 6 of the 7 possible days Nisan 15 falls on are High Days.

John 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

(NOTE: Vs 31, For that sabbath was "A HIGH DAY". Although treated as a Sabbath, a High Day is not necessarily the 7th day of the week. A High Sabbath is the 1st day of the 7 day Feast of Unleavened Bread. Jesus died on Passover/Nisan 14. Passover is the day of preparation for the Seder meal, eaten on Nisan 15, always treated as a sabbath day. Jesus was removed from the cross on Nisan 14 before sunset, which began Nisan 15 the 1st day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, a High/Sabbath Day. EVERY Nisan 14 is a DAY OF PREPATATION, for the Seder meal eaten in Nisan 15)

Point 3:
Your stated position extends the resurrection beyond (Sunday) the 1st day of the week.

Finally, I don't believe broad brushing a day into 24 hours is scripturally correct.

The Hebrew word "yom" used in Genesis by Moses translate's into english as "day". "Yom" is used in the KJ Bible over 500 time's. According to the Englishman’s Hebrew Concordance there are over 58 different ways "yom" has been translated in the K. James Bible

"Yom" can refer to a variety of time periods ranging from “forever” (Ps 23:6), “age” (Gen 18:11), “years” (I Kings 1:1), “always” (Deut 5:29), & “season” (Jos 24:7)

From the context of Gen 1 & 2, there are 3 different ways Moses used this word. The word "yom" refers to day as in “daylight” (12 hours) in Gen 1:5, to 24-hour days in Gen 1:14, & to a long period of time (“in the day” referring to all six of the preceding creation days) in Gen 2:4

In Gen 2:4 does the word "day" (yom) refer to a 24 hr period? Clearly no!

God bless you Jaumel. FD

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Joseph of Arimathea was a self-respecting and law-abiding disciple of Christ. He did what he felt led to do. He deserves your respect.
He has my respect. I also respect the fact that the burial was finished before sunset or it would not be done at all until the day after the "High Day." They would not be allowed to so much as roll the stone to the door of the sepulture. :cool:

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Hello Jaumel,
I believe you know & love the Lord. I respectfully disagree, on several points, with your posted reply to me.

Point 1:
John 11: 9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

Point 2:
Already mentioned in this thread - High Day - 6 of the 7 possible days Nisan 15 falls on are High Days.

John 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.

(NOTE: Vs 31, For that sabbath was "A HIGH DAY". Although treated as a Sabbath, a High Day is not necessarily the 7th day of the week. A High Sabbath is the 1st day of the 7 day Feast of Unleavened Bread. Jesus died on Passover/Nisan 14. Passover is the day of preparation for the Seder meal, eaten on Nisan 15, always treated as a sabbath day. Jesus was removed from the cross on Nisan 14 before sunset, which began Nisan 15 the 1st day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, a High/Sabbath Day. EVERY Nisan 14 is a DAY OF PREPATATION, for the Seder meal eaten in Nisan 15)

Point 3:
Your stated position extends the resurrection beyond (Sunday) the 1st day of the week.

Finally, I don't believe broad brushing a day into 24 hours is scripturally correct.

The Hebrew word "yom" used in Genesis by Moses translate's into english as "day". "Yom" is used in the KJ Bible over 500 time's. According to the Englishman’s Hebrew Concordance there are over 58 different ways "yom" has been translated in the K. James Bible

"Yom" can refer to a variety of time periods ranging from “forever” (Ps 23:6), “age” (Gen 18:11), “years” (I Kings 1:1), “always” (Deut 5:29), & “season” (Jos 24:7)

From the context of Gen 1 & 2, there are 3 different ways Moses used this word. The word "yom" refers to day as in “daylight” (12 hours) in Gen 1:5, to 24-hour days in Gen 1:14, & to a long period of time (“in the day” referring to all six of the preceding creation days) in Gen 2:4

God bless you Jaumel. FD
Jesus speaks of the daytime here, for He speaks of the daylight which is during the day. Twelve hours is the yearly average since the length of this timevaries from season to season. I would not argue what I beliee about His time of rising for I do not see "concrete" references to what I believe other than those teachings of th eprophets and Jesus, which have been taken so many ways. All blessings in Jesus, Yeshua.

Mar 28, 2016
Hello Jaumel,

Point 1:

Point 2:

Point 3:

God bless you Jaumel. FD
A day 24 hours, according to Geneisis 2:4 (24 hours) one rotation.It has 12 hours of light that he formed called day to represent good, and created 12 hours of darkness to represent evil .

The suffering as part of the 3 day work of Christ's faith or labor of His love began in the garden .This is when the father began to pour out the wrath of the Son of God unto death (a living sacrifice) Christ cannot die. God is not a man as us ) .. The crucifcation was another kind of demonstration as part of the first, the tomb the last demonstration .

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Matthew 12 (see also Jonah 1:15-2:10; Mt 16:4; Luke 11:29-32)
38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. 41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

The prophecy of Jonah (8th century BC) is found in the Old Testament among the Minor Prophets. Since it has one of the most remarkable miracles recorded in the Bible, the Higher Critics (theological liberals and modernists) rejected it as a true historical account of a man being swallowed by a great fish (a whale) and then vomited out alive (see The Story of Jonah in the Light of Higher Criticism by Luther Tracy Townsend https://archive.org/details/storyofjonahinli00town/page/n3).

On the other hand, the Lord Jesus Christ revealed that what happened to Jonah was a precursor to what would happen to Him from the time of His death to His resurrection. Jonah was the type and Jesus was the antitype.

According to the prayer of Jonah, he died after being swallowed, and his soul and spirit went to Sheol-Hades for three days and three nights: “And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights. ...out of the belly of hell (שְׁאֹ֛ול Sheol) cried I, and thou heardest my voice...Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.” (Jonah 1:17; 2:2,4).

When Christ died, His body was placed in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea. His soul and spirit also went to Sheol-Hades for three days and three night: For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell ( שְׁאֹ֛ול Sheol); neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption... Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell (ᾄδην Hades), neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.(Ps 16:10; Acts 2:27) These Scriptures tell us that Christ did not remain in Sheol-Hades for more than there days and three nights, and His body did not experience any corruption or decay.

In order for Christ to fulfill this prophecy exactly, the 14th of Nisan in the year 30 AD would have been on a Wednesday, and that is the day on which Christ died. Therefore Christians should observe “Good Wednesday”, not “Good Friday” (if indeed they observe this day). And in order to fulfill three days and three nights we would have to reckon days from sunset to sunset (as was the stipulation in the Old Testament, and the manner of Hebrew reckoning).

Anytime after sunset on Saturday would be the first day of the week, and it is more than likely that Christ arose on that day between midnight and dawn. Christ's resurrection was to be a "sign" to unbelieving Jews that He was indeed both Lord and Christ (Acts 2:32-36). And without the resurrection of Christ there could be no Gospel or Good News for sinners.

If the men of Nineveh repented through the preaching of the resurrected and reluctant prophet Jonah, how much more should all men everywhere repent at the preaching of Christ and Him crucified and resurrected?
This is the web page that i found years ago that showed me that Jesus was executed on a Wednesday the 14th of Nisan.. But alas many people will doggedly hold onto catholic tradition..

More Sure Word

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
A day 24 hours, according to Geneisis 2:4 (24 hours) one rotation.It has 12 hours of light that he formed called day to represent good, and created 12 hours of darkness to represent evil .
Hello garee,
I spoke to the word day/english - yom/hebrew. Many different meanings apply depending on context.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

I respectfully disagree that Gen 2:4 is refering to 24hrs. The passage begins: These are the generations/english - toledowth/hebrew: is not speaking to 24 hrs.

2ndly, nor is, in the day, speaking to 24 hrs. Example: If I said, in the day of George Washington. This statement would cover a much longer period then 24 hrs. Peace FD

Mar 28, 2016
This is the web page that i found years ago that showed me that Jesus was executed on a Wednesday the 14th of Nisan.. But alas many people will doggedly hold onto catholic tradition..

More Sure Word
There seem to be opposition anytime there is a possibility for a person to make a claim that they are being filled with the Spirit when they perform a work which is required as some sort of outward sign that some call "sign gifts".

This makes walking by faith the unseen eternal without effect.

These even includes cerimonial laws that are surely used as shadows without substance, used to preach the gospel in advance.

Matthew 28 King James Version (KJV) In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the "first day of the week"(Sabbaths), came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

Sabbaths plural used twice. Not sabbath singular and then using the same Greek word, change it into "first day of the week". After some over zealous Jews that wanted to make their flesh part of the rest.

The word rest/sabbath as to how it was translated has some doubts attached to it. It could effect how we do understand the doctrine.

The word sabbath simply means "rest" with no other meaning attached it. Changing the word sabbath or rest as if it meant "first day of the week" destroys the usage of the word throughout the Bible and violates the interpreting warning in Deuteronomy 4:2 not to add to a word singular because it will destroy the intended usage. This is unlike the warning at the end of the book of Prophecy(Revelation 22) . Do not add to the whole seeing the possibility of new revelation would not be possible .That kind of idea is sealed off till the end of time..with seven seals

One (the Deuteronomy)is a continual warning the other(Revelation22) to cover the whole or perfect.

A good place to start is always by defining the word as it was used.

Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you.
Deuteronomy 4:2

At the end of the former Sabbaths(Saturday ) towards the beginning of the new era of sabbaths(Sunday ) came...…..

The Youngs Literal seems to give a clearer understanding.

Matthew 28 Young's Literal Translation (YLT) 28 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,

Mar 28, 2016
Hello garee,
I spoke to the word day/english - yom/hebrew. Many different meanings apply depending on context.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

I respectfully disagree that Gen 2:4 is refering to 24hrs. The passage begins: These are the generations/english - toledowth/hebrew: is not speaking to 24 hrs.

2ndly, nor is, in the day, speaking to 24 hrs. Example: If I said, in the day of George Washington. This statement would cover a much longer period then 24 hrs. Peace FD
Yes he created and formed two beginnings or Genesis's in the begining. Resting from all His work on day seven .

In the day they were both created.

The light he formed he called "good". A word that describes the holy unseen place of the glory of God. A place that even the Son on man Jesus would not stand in as a abomination of desecration..

And he create darkness to represent that which is evil.... apposes the light. On day four he switched on the temporal light.as temporal time keepers which in the new heavens and earth will be under the feet of the bride of Christ the church. Their will be no night in the new order which again he did create in the beginning.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Matthew 28 Young's Literal Translation (YLT) 28 And on the eve of the sabbaths, at the dawn, toward the first of the sabbaths, came Mary the Magdalene, and the other Mary, to see the sepulchre,
The verse is::
Matthew 28: KJV
1 "In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre."

Sunday was Not a Sabbath.. Friday sundown to saturday sundown was the 7th day weekly Sabbath refered to in Matthew 28..

The High Sabbath that happened during the week just before the weekly Sabbath was the First day of unleavened Bread which happens the Day after the Passover.. So the High Sabbath of the first day of unleaven Bread started on Wednesday sundown and went to thursday Sundown.. They hurredly buried Jesus in the tomb to avoid His body hanging on the cross on the first day of unleavened bread..