Ask the user below you a question

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Do you like this thread?

• Yes

Votes: 113 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • Kinda like-hate

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
It was just to early. My son in law will be 46? This comming week.
My grandson turned 19 on sunday but he's at NTC Charolotte. (Naval Training Center)

Do you oppose military service? And Why if you do? Open question.

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
No I do not oppose military service. I was an Army brat( still just a brat) ! I have relatives that serve in the name of "FREEDOM"
Pass this question forward! Thanks🙏🙏🙏

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
No I do not oppose military service. I was an Army brat( still just a brat) ! I have relatives that serve in the name of "FREEDOM"
Pass this question forward! Thanks🙏🙏🙏
My personal reason for asking the question is because some Christians that I respect very much oppose Military service. But the way I see it every nation needs a military just to keep what they have just like every community need some sort of law enforcement.

It's how we protect our freedom and loved ones from dictators and tyrants. I love my Quaker and Mennonite brothers and sisters but strict obedience to dictators and pacifism has never worked. Does some one else have a viable point of view?

(4392 Security Police Squadron, 1st Air Force, Strategic Air Command.) (Retired)

Feb 28, 2016
cc's are very baaaaad - please 'read up on them'
we both liked them and used them for years, and then we began to read and care...

apart from our Saviour, who is your favorite Biblical hero???
==================================================================
SAUL=PAUL=PETER - it's not easy to recall them all -, Stephen, Luke, A&P, 'all the gifted elect, ETC...

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
My personal reason for asking the question is because some Christians that I respect very much oppose Military service. But the way I see it every nation needs a military just to keep what they have just like every community need some sort of law enforcement.

It's how we protect our freedom and loved ones from dictators and tyrants. I love my Quaker and Mennonite brothers and sisters but strict obedience to dictators and pacifism has never worked. Does some one else have a viable point of view?

(4392 Security Police Squadron, 1st Air Force, Strategic Air Command.) (Retired)
I'm for a military, just not for war for profiteering or politics, the book 'War is Hell' by Smedley Butler lays out the meaning of corrupt wars, that well-meaning people suffer for

What's your fav phrase you say a lot?

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
😂😂😂😂I say " Oh well " all the time. I mean in some situations what can you say? Same question to next user.🙏🙏🙏

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
cc's are very baaaaad - please 'read up on them'
we both liked them and used them for years, and then we began to read and care...

apart from our Saviour, who is your favorite Biblical hero???
Mary Magdalene. What was your favorite New Testament miracle besides the resurrection.

Poinsetta

Nov 24, 2018
The woman getting healed by touching Jesus’ garment.

Last time you ever got tired? Lol..

Feb 28, 2016
Cali,
what I object to is having to give-up-submit' your 'freedom/will' as an individual - and, being given a license to 'KILL' in the
name of your 'LEADER'...
hub and I are much older now, and have observed what this has done to many of our old-friends...

Jesus has already laid down His Laws concerning 'right and wrong' in His Heart for His people, and the consequences thereof,
we believe that we should abide by them...

when do you feel the closest to Jesus in your daily life?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Cali,
what I object to is having to give-up-submit' your 'freedom/will' as an individual - and, being given a license to 'KILL' in the
name of your 'LEADER'...
hub and I are much older now, and have observed what this has done to many of our old-friends...

Jesus has already laid down His Laws concerning 'right and wrong' in His Heart for His people, and the consequences thereof,
we believe that we should abide by them...

when do you feel the closest to Jesus in your daily life?
When I study the word.

Feb 28, 2016
us also precious, but even more especially when no matter where we both are daily, we are able
to recite from my years of study those special scriptures that have become The Rock of our saving Grace,
hub's and my's life-line of sanity in our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ...

Feb 28, 2016
POIN,
hub and I don't own anything but a 'land-line & a very old puter', - & Jesus has told us that
we don't need anything else right now in our way of serving Him - not saying others don't,
but this is just our way with Him for now!
:):)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Oh my, I have been away from this thread for a while. Anyone that has read either of my books know how I feel about self-defense and military service. I respect the beliefs of the Quakers, Mennonites and many of my Church of God friends but I feel it is not workable in society. At least while Satan is still broadcasting.

My favorite saying is "you can't rule an unruly people." Calibob's question: What was your favorite New Testament miracle besides the resurrection? I'd have to say the same as Poinsetta said: The woman healed by touching Jesus' garment. No one else knew about it but Jesus felt it. Calibob, the cc's they were talking about were coffee creamers. :LOL:

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
POIN,
hub and I don't own anything but a 'land-line & a very old puter', - & Jesus has told us that
we don't need anything else right now in our way of serving Him - not saying others don't,
but this is just our way with Him for now!
:):)
I have a regular study partner on skype. We average a chapter a day in 2 translations. We are in Numbers 12 now. My computer is an 11 year old refurb. I've got my trusty old leather bound red letter NIV within reach whenever I'm online.