Asking for help and sound spiritual advice for my wife and for me 3

  • Thread starter Thread starter DanSF
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

DanSF

Guest
I love her, even if she’s fatter now. I find her beautiful and I even adore her now more than before. She doesn’t believe me, at all, if I tell her. She again tells me that I am doing homework, making an effort, struggling to pretend that I like her, and cries, begs me not to do it, to leave her alone. Sometimes she looks at me with those extremely sad eyes and says this to me, thank you for making such an effort. You are a good man. It breaks my soul. She doesn’t believe I am doing this for real. I want to buy her things but she doesn’t want anything for herself, she just asks for things for her job and because she is financially dependent and cannot do otherwise. She only makes up, dresses properly (but never sexily anymore) for work. She only feels good when working. I adore to watch her work, but as soon as it’s over and she lays her eyes on me, there it is, this cloud of pitch-black sadness again. I have taken pictures of her, thousands of pictures now, which I adore to watch at work. She wants me to delete them because now she has become ugly. She never takes pictures of me anymore, she always wanted before, now I have to ask her and yet she believes again that I am not enjoying it, it’s me just doing homework. I want to go for walks with her, go to restaurants, go dancing, embrace her. Again, she really and utterly believes I am doing homework. She truly and honestly believes I don’t love her and everything I’m doing for her is because I have compassion for her or something of the sorts. It’s as if she is behind a very dark and hard wall which I cannot break.

We cannot do intimacy anymore. She has fallen ill. In these two last years, after my neglect, she has grown ovarian cysts and myomas. She has very painful periods. I am extremely worried about her. She tells me she doesn’t feel anything anymore and intimacy feels disgusting and wrong, and it hurts. She most definitely was not like that before, she wanted to be with me, she loved me. Now I cannot kiss her, she feels weird and sort of nauseated. She was never tired of kissing me before. She always praised me, made me feel like a golden treasure. Now she doesn’t look at me when I’m in front of her, and she feels like crying if I look at her, feels humiliated if I tell her something cute to her. Intimacy is just gone for good. She has never, ever since tried to approach to me to initiate anything, never again in these two last nightmarish years after she just “left” I don’t know where. I’m desperately wanting to be with her now, but it’s as if everything is so damn broken. I can’t make her stop crying every day, it’s like a nightmare. I also feel as if I have killed my perfect chance of happiness and my perfectly healthy woman who had a very bad life but truly was on the verge of a much deserved success, she just needed somebody who cared just the slightest little bit about her, and she happened to come across me, not a friend, not a husband but an enemy, a man who was adamant in not doing the smallest thing for her. She never asked for fancy clothes, material things, just a few simple tokens of affection, which I didn’t want to do for her. I pushed her down, completely crushed her. Now I feel murderous.

What can I do? I have changed. Sometimes, “jokingly”, she says that in these two years I have become an ideal man. She tells me that it is such a pity, that I don’t love her, that she can only look at me from afar, as if I was something expensive that she will never afford. She is absolutely convinced I don’t really love her and fears that I’m going to cheat on her. I am not going to do this. I am a good man. I was just mistaken, I didn’t have an education, I came from the worst possible background and family models, but I have changed. I do now everything she needed me to do before, but she believes that I am just doing homework because it is for her that I am doing all this. She thinks that I am doing this because I am a good man at heart, learning at last to carry out my manly duties, not because I really love her and want her to be better. She is wrong. I realise I was a crapy boy, the worst of the losers in town, and I have become a man, for real. I have not fled to my parents’ house and left her, I am at her side, taking all this and putting up with this, taking care of her, crying with her. She even told me once that she has been a nice training for me, if one day I meet another woman that I truly love. I’m crying while I write this and I am afraid for her. She tells me very often, too often, that God has proved to her and so often that He doesn’t love her the slightest bit in spite of her struggle to be a good girl and a worthy woman. I don’t want to leave her for another woman. I can’t stand the guilt and shame. I’m making a lot of effort, but she is not acknowledging it. Sometimes I fear she cannot even see. Her eyes have changed. They look dim, lifeless… I cannot reach her. She is so far… where is my lovely wife and why I have had to destroy her, why can’t I bring her back from where she is now? And the saddest part is that I don’t even remember the moment when she left, engulfed as I was in my egotistic crap. Day after day, when she cries and cries in front of me, I tell to myself that one day she will finally realise I have changed, for real, because I love her. One day she will understand I really do love her, I will take care of her, I am doing it now, I will do everything that she needs and finally do my duties. But she is not reacting, she’s only getting worse. She only feels good while working. She is so good in her work, so good in everything she does, actually. Why can’t she realise? We pray a lot but things are just getting worse every day. What can I do? Have I lost her forever? I pray, no answer. Won’t God see my effort and save my wife, regardless of what happens to me afterwards? What if she does something bad to herself? She’s already drinking. I’m terrified. I leave to work every day terrified to go back home and I can only breathe again when I see her and she’s fine. We are seeing a new therapist soon, it’s been a ridiculous struggle to find a good therapist, but I’m afraid this is not enough to save her. I’m scared of what she says that God doesn’t love her, when she was so faithful before. I’m really, really scared and desperate. What can I do?

Please, help me. Tell me what I could do, what I am doing wrong, how we can heal. Than you very much for your attention.
 
You're not doing anything wrong, the problem is your wife has a poor self image. I was in a similar situation with my late wife. She was in declining health for years. I did my best to take care of her while still working a full time job but in the end I couldn't keep up with her many health issues. She spent the last 3 years of her life in and out of nursing homes. We had not been intimate during this period. She died in February 2014. I kept going back and forth in my mind how I possibly could have been a better husband to her. You will heal when your wife does. God Bless You.
 
tourist;bt17892 said:
You're not doing anything wrong, the problem is your wife has a poor self image. I was in a similar situation with my late wife. She was in declining health for years. I did my best to take care of her while still working a full time job but in the end I couldn't keep up with her many health issues. She spent the last 3 years of her life in and out of nursing homes. We had not been intimate during this period. She died in February 2014. I kept going back and forth in my mind how I possibly could have been a better husband to her. You will heal when your wife does. God Bless You.

Hi tourist good to meet you, thank you very much for answering and taking care. I am really sorry for your loss and everything that you mention, it sounds very challenging. I have hopes that my wife recovers, she does have a very poor self image now but it's because of how bad I've been with her all this time, it is making me tremble. I can't stand the guilt and the shame and the pain, I'm scared. She still looks fine more or less when she is working, I have hopes that she can at least cling to that until we finally find a good counsellor. This is being tough, this is scary, but I hope God doesn't abandon us, at least not her, she really doesn't deserve that. Thank you very much for talking man, God bless you and your wife in Heaven, my prayers will go to you too.
 
When someone loses self-esteem and self-confidence, it seems that any compliment is meant out of pity and not from the heart. It is a struggle you both have to deal with together to get through it. Continue to compliment, reassure and love wholly. Show the same love that Christ does for us. At times, we feel unworthy though and in that God continues to show us the same love. I encourage you to do the same. Love isn't easy as I'm sure you know. As a Christian, you are to show your love for your wife and honor the covenant to God and your wife. Keep pressing on with the knowledge that God is more powerful and though you may think you can't continue anymore, you are able to with the strength of the Lord. Prayers to you and your family.
 
My dear Brother Dan,

I am so sorry that you and your wife are going through this painful time, but this to shall pass. God does tell us that nothing has befallen you that has not befallen all mankind. God tells us that He never gives us more than we can bear and has by His grace made a positive way of escape in every situation. Who else has died for you and given you and your wife strength to overcome the wiles of Satan?
Jesus overcame that you may overcome by His blood.

Brother Dan, you are powerless to help your wife in the matter of how she sees herself. You are called by God to cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you and your wife. So please continue to intercede for your wife as God does for us to His heavenly Father on a daily bases. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder.

I know for a fact that you will be blessed if you humbly place all at the feet of Jesus and trust in His divine power and wait on the Lord. For the pray of faith shall heal the sick and the Lord shall raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. James 5:15
 
LesserThanAll;bt17895 said:
When someone loses self-esteem and self-confidence, it seems that any compliment is meant out of pity and not from the heart. It is a struggle you both have to deal with together to get through it. Continue to compliment, reassure and love wholly. Show the same love that Christ does for us. At times, we feel unworthy though and in that God continues to show us the same love. I encourage you to do the same. Love isn't easy as I'm sure you know. As a Christian, you are to show your love for your wife and honor the covenant to God and your wife. Keep pressing on with the knowledge that God is more powerful and though you may think you can't continue anymore, you are able to with the strength of the Lord. Prayers to you and your family.

Thank you very much for your kind words friend. It is true that as she feels unworthy now so do I. I'm trying to do my best to stay strong and heal the damage I inflicted on her. This is a big lesson and I'm grateful yet I'm very afraid for her. These last days she has felt a little better, she feels better when she works. I'm really trying to show her that I changed because I truly am. She still loves me I am sure of it, she still cares about me when I'm feeling unwell. I think this community's influence is highly beneficial for the two of us. I'm praying more and I'm inviting her to pray and she seems to like it. Thank you very much again God bless you.
 
RememberTheSabbathDay;bt17897 said:
My dear Brother Dan,

I am so sorry that you and your wife are going through this painful time, but this to shall pass. God does tell us that nothing has befallen you that has not befallen all mankind. God tells us that He never gives us more than we can bear and has by His grace made a positive way of escape in every situation. Who else has died for you and given you and your wife strength to overcome the wiles of Satan?
Jesus overcame that you may overcome by His blood.

Brother Dan, you are powerless to help your wife in the matter of how she sees herself. You are called by God to cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you and your wife. So please continue to intercede for your wife as God does for us to His heavenly Father on a daily bases. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder.

I know for a fact that you will be blessed if you humbly place all at the feet of Jesus and trust in His divine power and wait on the Lord. For the pray of faith shall heal the sick and the Lord shall raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. James 5:15


Thank you very much friend for caring and for the reminder, I'm doing my best to act differently and become a righteous and worthy man. I'm trusting God, I'm sure He will not forsake my beautiful wife and that He will be merciful on my past ill behavior. My heart is sincere and He for sure knows. Thank you very much for your prayers and for your beneficial influence, things look a little better since I signed in I'm sure it's a sign. God Bless You Always my friend.
 
DanSF;bt17920 said:
Thank you very much for your kind words friend. It is true that as she feels unworthy now so do I. I'm trying to do my best to stay strong and heal the damage I inflicted on her. This is a big lesson and I'm grateful yet I'm very afraid for her. These last days she has felt a little better, she feels better when she works. I'm really trying to show her that I changed because I truly am. She still loves me I am sure of it, she still cares about me when I'm feeling unwell. I think this community's influence is highly beneficial for the two of us. I'm praying more and I'm inviting her to pray and she seems to like it. Thank you very much again God bless you.



Do your exercise with your wife? Start a new healthy tradition for the both of you. Hold her hand as you walk. Make a regular date of exercising together. Take some easy hikes together. Don't forget about continuing to date even though you are married. Take one night a week and keep that time open for only you two without anyone interfering. I think most people hang up dating once they marry. What it took to get her, it takes to keep her. Speak of your marriage vows and check in with each other from time to time and see how the other one is doing. Remember the fun that both of you shared when you were starry eyed about each other.
 
This is why God wants us to remember His covenant with us is to remind us of His love..So we are to continually check in with God to keep our relationship with healthy.
 
Get Christian Counseling. I hope you find again your first LOVE for He found you first, Yashua (Jesus). Let God (love) lift you up and your wife. If you don't know Him (He know you Psalm 139) Just ask him to come into your heart and let Him be your LORD... He will change your heart and you will fall in love with Him... a true LOVE not feleo LOVE but an Agape Love.

Psalms 139 wil tell you how He love you and know all about you.
Galatians 2:20
 
Last edited by a moderator: