Asking prayer for peace and faithfulness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ManiaStar

Nov 14, 2015
I’ve been going thru a lot lately and I feel like Satan has really been pressing into me hard.

I had gone thru another breakdown with thoughts about my ex btwn Jan 28-feb 9. This time it hit so hard that it affected me more then it has in a very long time.

But yesterday, it ‘broke’, but when that happened, I feel it did something negative to me spiritually and I’ve been really struggling to ‘hang on’ to stay faithful and strong. My faith hasn’t been tested this strongly in years and idk if I’m going to pass this one. It’s just too hard.

I had felt deep peace all throughout last week and a few days ago, but, with what just happened, this feels too hard to handle right now.

Asking for peace, direction and for God to help me to take me out of this slump and let me ‘feel’ better please

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I will remember you in my special early morning prayers that I say on my knees before I leave the house to go to work.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Dear Lord Jesus, please help ManiaStar to keep her mind completely focused on you. Thank you Lord.

Feb 6, 2019
I’ve been going thru a lot lately and I feel like Satan has really been pressing into me hard.

I had gone thru another breakdown with thoughts about my ex btwn Jan 28-feb 9. This time it hit so hard that it affected me more then it has in a very long time.

But yesterday, it ‘broke’, but when that happened, I feel it did something negative to me spiritually and I’ve been really struggling to ‘hang on’ to stay faithful and strong. My faith hasn’t been tested this strongly in years and idk if I’m going to pass this one. It’s just too hard.

I had felt deep peace all throughout last week and a few days ago, but, with what just happened, this feels too hard to handle right now.

Asking for peace, direction and for God to help me to take me out of this slump and let me ‘feel’ better please
I could have wrote this post myself. I am definitely going through a lot myself. I find it hard wanting to get out of bed at times but we have to hang in there. I am surprised I am saying this but deep down I know it’s true and I know that he is true. I have never been through anything like this in my life and it seems as if God isn’t there but deep down I know that he’s here and he’s faithful. Try and look past your situation. I’m praying for you. Hang in there.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m sorry you are going through so much, ManiaStar. I’m lifting you up in my prayers, asking God to intervene in your circumstances, fill your heart with His comfort and peace. May He be your source of strength and wisdom as you trust in Him. Also, if might be helpful to seek counseling assistance for your situation. I know that Focus on the Family can provide a free phone consultation with a licensed counselor if you call this number 855-382-5433.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless ManiaStar, in this matter, bless with peace and faithfulness. please bless, in Jesus Holy name, Amen!

ManiaStar

Nov 14, 2015
I could have wrote this post myself. I am definitely going through a lot myself. I find it hard wanting to get out of bed at times but we have to hang in there. I am surprised I am saying this but deep down I know it’s true and I know that he is true. I have never been through anything like this in my life and it seems as if God isn’t there but deep down I know that he’s here and he’s faithful. Try and look past your situation. I’m praying for you. Hang in there.
I’ve been thru a lot. Over the last 18 yrs I felt like giving up a lot but I kept pushing forward. Why does God make it so hard to hold onto him and stay faithful? I’ve tried so hard. From December til last week, I had a hard time praying but continuously asked for Jesus’ help and for the Holy Spirit to pray for me which did help but now, I feel like everything is being stripped away. It’s gett harder and harder. I feel like blockading myself in my bedroom bc of how difficult this is.

How are you staying faithful?

I’ve been reaching out for prayer the last few days but things just keep getting harder for me even with the prayer

Ita

Feb 6, 2019

Years ago I went through a breakup that not only left devastating impact on me but also put me through years of feeling unworthy after that. I remember one year after the breakup what I prayed and asked God fervently was His strength to forgive my ex (he left me for another woman after almost a decades together). I did not want to have him back in my life, I just wanted to not have any bitterness and self-loathing that would hinder me from loving again one day. It was a long and painful journey. My lowest moments were typically characterised by days of crying. I went to work feeling like a zombie.....I felt numb but then as soon as I reached my room, I fell on the floor weeping. It went on for almost 2 years. I turned to worship/gospel musics to sooth the pain in me. There were also times when I was tortured by my thoughts of "what could've I done" or "why did he do what he did".....I was trying to find "closure" as if he had come to me and explain to me why he did what he did, I would feel so much better. Sometimes, I was filled with anger and hoping that he would get "what he deserved". And to be honest, it was so hard to pray and keep the faith. I would snap at anyone who tried to tell me "that's okay, you'll get a better one" or "c'mon, you're not the only one who got their hearts broken" or "you will feel better soon".....anything like that. It took me about 3 months to realise that I didn't have anybody I could "rely on" and even somebody to vent out to but Jesus. So I did. Instead of "traditional and Christian-like" prayer, I gave God all my disappointment, my anger....I vented....I screamed (silently) at Him....I wept....I said that it is not fair and He could've done something to prevent all of this from happening. I felt relief every time and God never knocked me in the head for doing it. Every time I remembered my ex, I prayed "God, help me with this memory". And He answered! Through encouragement from new friends, peaceful mind (please note I still felt like crap) for always remembering that God is more than able to carry me thru. It was a "one day at a time" journey. And now looking back, I am grateful for how faithful God was during those times. One time I told my friend "you know what, I can't believe I am saying this to you but I am grateful I lost that relationship. I wouldn't have known what it means to be loved by God if I hadn't gone thru that breakup". And finally I realised that it wasn't closure that I needed, it was "revelation".
So yes, you will heal. You will love again. For now, whatever you "feel"....remember, feeling is temporary. It comes and goes as it likes. Your real "battle" is in your mind. Deliberately think about how wonderful you are (I am not good at remembering verses from Bible but there is a Psalm about this), how worthy you are, how different the world without you and how you are deeply loved by the One who gave up His life for you. When you don't feel like praying, keep praying. Don't feel like going out of your room, going out. Anything to not feed on your feelings. You have them but don't let them have you. If you have to cry, cry. If you want to vent, vent. Whatever you do, remember to stay in God's arms. The key is to keep talking with God. He listens. you can trust me on this. I am praying for you too.

Mar 12, 2019

I know what you mean, I also had to go through something similar earlier this year. Verse graphics I found on Instagram helped me a lot and reminded me that there' is and always will be hope...

I always read Deuteronomy 3:16 to remind me to take courage because God is always here.

I follow this account on Instagram, https://www.instagram.com/incmedianews/

Hope you've been doing well :)

Attachments