Assembling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
So, when you sin like stealing or murdering or commiting adultery, Jesus did not die for these sins?

Is this what you are saying? If he died for all sins, no commandment of the Law is a witness against us.
Not all sins are dealt with in the same way... Rom 3v25, ...'to declare his righteousness for sins that are past.....all PAST sins are totally remitted when we first come to Christ...but then we still commit PRESENT sins which are to be REPENTED of to have them forgiven plus the requirement 'that we sin no more and have them continually washed away by the Blood of the Lamb UNTIL we become perfect and sin no more Rom 6.
Trad/nom christians are not being taught that truth and so they think that all sins have been already dealt with....NOT SO !!! WE are to stop sinning !
But we can't do it on our own....we need the help of our only true Saviour !

P

pjharrison

Acts tells us the church at Jerusalem met daily.
The churches Paul taught evidently met on a regular basis.
We are taught in Hebrews that we are not to forsake assembling.

One poster on this forum stated he had not been to church (assembled) for seven years.
How many others on this forum fail to assemble on a regular basis?
How many will admit it?
How do you justify your failure?

I for one assemble as often as possible.
What do you mean by assembling. If mean going to church, I don't. Haven't been in many many years.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
" 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. "-Hebrews 10:24-25

As you may have noticed, this is right from the passage about not forsaking the gathering together of ourselves.
Great scripture. It goes right along with what I had said already. :)

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
1Co 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
1Co 5:12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

1Ti 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness(prosperity Gospel for their wants which is popular today): from such withdraw thyself.
1Ti 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

There is a lot of hypocrites, which they are not led of the Spirit, that go by their wants, and hold unto sin, and should we fellowship with them.

2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

But then again in a great house there are some to dishonor, so God said there would be some rascals running around, being hypocritical, but it is still a great house, so we should not let the hypocrites cause us to not want to go to Church.

So the main thing is to attend a Church that believes the Gospel of Christ, and believes in receiving the Spirit, and if they hate sin, and do not want sin, by the Spirit they can abstain from sin, and sin does affect their relationship with God, and upholds the holiness standards of God, and obeys Christ, and truly loves people as the Bible says to love people, which that kind of Church might have a few hypocrites, but it will be low key, and the majority would want to do right, or else they would not attend such a Church, and do not worry about the hypocrites for the Church teaches right, for God said it is still a great house.

For anything less should not be acceptable.

But who can find such a Church, for a lot of Churches make excuses for their sins in their teachings, and believe the prosperity Gospel, which neglects the poor and needy, for it bothers a lot of people the condition of a lot of people who claim Christ.

That video link should be posted in the threads here where but the few I've noticed browsing about say cruel things to others. And so as to make their biblical point defending God.
Outstanding video.

PurpleCandles

Jun 23, 2018
I have a sticker on my Smart that reads, WHAT IF GOD WERE ONE OF US?
It was a gift from a friend last week. She's handing them out to all her friends so we can start a rolling message in the area.

What if?
Would we be rude, smart-alecky, judgmental, indifferent? The list is huge.
Some may say, but God isn't one of us. Oh, then, the answer comes, does that make rude, smart-alecky, judgmental, indifferent, and a huge list of other mean spirited behaviors OK then? Because God is everywhere. All the time.

I read a post here where someone smarted off and told someone who had a different view of a scripture that that person would answer before God.
For not thinking the way the rude one thought was right? Due to their opinion of a scripture their demeanor proves they don't even live?

Come on people! You who all that description applies to should be better than this. How many here would have behaved the same way toward that homeless man on the steps of a church of all places?
A church!

Never happen?
Then why would anyone act like a knucklehead on a Christians forum?
Where two or more are assembled there is Christ among them also. What if Christ were one of us? He is here. Watch what you think and then say in his name. Do you make him proud? Or do you make him pained?

S

SpoonJuly

What do you mean by assembling. If mean going to church, I don't. Haven't been in many many years.
So you willfully sin.
To refuse to assemble on a regular basis with other believers to study, learn, and praise God is willful disobeying the Word of God.
But it is evident you are not alone.
There are those who teach that sin leads to loss of salvation, yet they refuse to assemble.
There are those who say we must obey the Law and the commands of Jesus, yet refuse to assemble.
There are those who claim to live without sin, yet refuse to assemble.
Some of the most ridiculous excuses have been offered.

I am not surprised by those who admit they sin by not assembling. It is evident in the ridiculous questions that are asked, the foolish answers given, and the unbiblical things they teach.
This is what happens when people isolate themselves from other believers. When the rely on ONLY on their own understanding while never listening and investigating what others believe.
God never intended for us to isolate ourselves and never learn from others.

The truth that Paul spoke of in 2 Timothy 3:5-7 has come to pass. These men seem to be the majority on this forum.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
So you willfully sin.
To refuse to assemble on a regular basis with other believers to study, learn, and praise God is willful disobeying the Word of God.
There are those who teach that sin leads to loss of salvation, yet they refuse to assemble.
There are those who say we must obey the Law and the commands of Jesus, yet refuse to assemble.

I am not surprised by those who admit they sin by not assembling. It is evident in the ridiculous questions that are asked, the foolish answers given, and the unbiblical things they teach.
This is what happens when people isolate themselves from other believers. When the rely on ONLY on their own understanding while never listening and investigating what others believe.

The truth that Paul spoke of in 2 Timothy 3:5-7 has come to pass. These men seem to be the majority on this forum.
You talk as if ASSEMBLING is just with any Tom...Dick or Harry...no, it is with LIKEMINDED...you need to read scripture with more discernment !

God forbid we should assemble with false believers !

S

SpoonJuly

You talk as if ASSEMBLING is just with any Tom...Dick or Harry...no, it is with LIKEMINDED...you need to read scripture with more discernment !

God forbid we should assemble with false believers !
I agree we should not assemble with false believers.
But to assemble with LIKEMINDED believers is also wrong if what one believe is false as is true with many on this forum.
We have an obligation to search out a local assembly that teaches the truth. But if you are looking for a perfect assembly, you will never find one. There has never been a perfect local assembly, and never will be.
There is an attitude I see among many on this forum that if a local assembly does not agree with ne 100% and conduct the meeting 100% the way I believe it should be conducted, "than I ain't going."
We are commanded to assemble. Hey, if they are not 100% correct, maybe you can help them to correct what is wrong.
How about finding a few other who believe the truth and began a new assembly.

Stop offering excuses to God.

beta

Aug 8, 2016
But to assemble with LIKEMINDED believers is also wrong if what one believe is false as is true with many on this forum.
We have an obligation to search out a local assembly that teaches the truth. But if you are looking for a perfect assembly, you will never find one. There has never been a perfect local assembly, and never will be.
There is an attitude I see among many on this forum that if a local assembly does not agree with ne 100% and conduct the meeting 100% the way I believe it should be conducted, "than I ain't going."
We are commanded to assemble. Hey, if they are not 100% correct, maybe you can help them to correct what is wrong.

I get what you mean, but you are asking for the impossible.. You may have a chance of agreement with likeminded when it comes to less important matters but when you DISagree on the RIGHT worship-DAY there is little hope of fellowship....the Gulf is too WIDE. Its been tried and fought over on these forums for years without success...all we end up with are very bad feelings and even hatred.
You sound like a reasonable chap, maybe we can talk without it coming to blows. I am FOR the SABBATH....because it is HOLY to GOD and I LOVE and RESPECT Him !

R

Ralph-

Both are good reasons not to meet together.

If you can't assemble together then you just can't assemble together. It's that simple.

We have an obligation to search out a local assembly that teaches the truth.
And if you can't find one you go back home.

But if you are looking for a perfect assembly, you will never find one.
It's not about perfection. It's about simply meeting in accordance with how the Bible says to do that and for the reason the Bible says to do that. I've attended a church like that. Believe me it was far from perfect. But it served God's goals for his people. Unlike the ineffective traditional church service we are shamed into attending.

No, not the way 'I' believe it should be conducted. The way God said to conduct a meeting of the saints and for the reasons he said to do it.

Once you experience it you can't go back to the traditional, unBiblical church service we worship and esteem and shame everyone into attending.

Doesn't work. Even the most subtle and polite suggestions to do something different are met with fierce resistance. Churches don't change. Pastors are too afraid to be wrong. They don't admit they are wrong about anything. They don't want you around if you don't go with their flow. They are not looking to be corrected in the slightest way. Churches don't change. They stay the same or they go away.

Church leadership is a gift and calling. The answer is for pastors to break out of their traditions and raise up congregations that operate according to scripture. But like I say, pastors don't change. They can't admit they are wrong about something. I'm not bashing them. I understand the difficult position our misguided system has placed them in.

Stop shaming people to attend churches that do not feed them and which don't know and fulfill God's will and plan and purpose for his people to meet together.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
So you willfully sin.

I believe that Paul said that we "should' not forsake the assembling together, not 'shall' not. Big difference. No sin attached to not going to church even though it may be spiritually beneficial. Regardless, the shed blood of Jesus dying on this cross would cover such a 'sin' as well.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017

S...,
You left out another option;

How about an assembly consistent with The Bible?....that is the important one.

Your other corrective points are worthy.

Mar 28, 2016
Acts tells us the church at Jerusalem met daily.
The churches Paul taught evidently met on a regular basis.
We are taught in Hebrews that we are not to forsake assembling.

One poster on this forum stated he had not been to church (assembled) for seven years.
How many others on this forum fail to assemble on a regular basis?
How many will admit it?
How do you justify your failure?

I for one assemble as often as possible.

That can be beneficial we do need the body at times .

Many Christians assemble here under the word of God .In one sense a great way to carry the gospel into the whole world.

The loving warning in Hebrews was to the Jews .The new reformed order caused people in family to separate .

Gathering together must be defined.

Matthew 18:20For where two or three are "gathered together" in my name, there am I in the midst of them

When two or three gather together under his loving authority or power (the word of God) that richly dwell in the believer in these earthen vessel as bodies of death he is there..... working to both will and do His good pleasure (imputed righteousness )

2 Corinthians 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Its take two to walk in agreement . The smallest sect or denomination is a husband and wife. add one (three altogether ) you have a family .

P

pjharrison

So you willfully sin.

Do you really think that the father would deny us if we love him and do not sin intentionally, because we do not attend church.
So you willfully sin.

Do you really think that the father would deny someone when they love him and his ways and do all they can to abide in him, because they don't attend church, and keep studying the same thing over and over again. The bible is given to us to help us, but we have go it on our own and let the holy spirit teach us. When the holy spirit teach we get slapped when we do wrong. 1 jn 2:27 tells us that no man need teach us. The holy spirit will bring us into all truth.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Do you really think that the father would deny us if we love him and do not sin intentionally, because we do not attend church.

Do you really think that the father would deny someone when they love him and his ways and do all they can to abide in him, because they don't attend church, and keep studying the same thing over and over again. The bible is given to us to help us, but we have go it on our own and let the holy spirit teach us. When the holy spirit teach we get slapped when we do wrong. 1 jn 2:27 tells us that no man need teach us. The holy spirit will bring us into all truth.

p...,
Would G-d be concerned If we did not keep Sunday Holy (except when the donkey is in the mire)? Yes
G-d has guided me in scriptures for 45+ years. When i re-study scriptures which I have studied many times......often I will be given a better/different understanding.
Message;....we can never study The Bible ....to much.

Zmouth

Nov 21, 2012
Message;....we can never study The Bible ....to much.
According to King Salomie that is baloney....:eek:

And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.
Eccl 12:12

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
So you willfully sin.

It becomes oh so apparent, at least in these old eyeballs, just how young and immature christian you are, and how much growing and "daily sacrificing" needs be committed to, on your part.

Elstwise, you would not be so glaringly "accusative", in your "shallowness of Spirit", or "circumcision of heart!"

You "see", the "forsaking of assembling" as "willfully sinning!" As if these people you are "attempting to shame", have not been into a church of stone, after church of stone, in searching for "like-minded" believers! What these old eyes, have discovered (and I can only speak concerning "my" searchings), is running into brick wall, after brick wall, of people, being "willingly IGNORANT!" Meaning? Their KNOWING, they DON'T WANT to KNOW! Why? Did I hear you ask? When speaking to, or discussing with, or attempting TO teach, lead, OR "direct" people? It doesn't take very long to "realize", they worship God, in "truth" they read in their Bibles. Yet, they refrain, or REFUSE to Worship GOD, IN "SPIRIT!" THIS, is where their "picking up their cross" road ENDS! Never growing, nor maturing, as "Children of Light", into "Sons of Light!" Being rather "content" in their remaining AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS OF CHRIST! Happy, in being "Priests of Jesus Christ", yet, NEVER daring place themselves in the "prescence of that "Government", that is on Christ's shoulders! Deceiving themselves into thinking AND believing, that being "called", and being "chosen", are ONE IN THE SAME! They congratulate, and pat each other on the backs, and make merry, considering themselves "elect" and "saints!" And? I suppose, a wee bit of merriment should be rewarded on their "achievement" to "Level ONE!" Priest of Jesus Christ! This is GREAT! You're IN the Sheep's Pen! Yet? Not (each one, INDIVIDUALLY) ALL of you! For, as is taught, and even spoken by Christ Himself, when He thanked His Father, for "those GIVEN" TO Him (Christ), BY the Father! (meaning?) These have TOUCHED "the Cross!" UNTO THE "GOVERNMENT", On Christ's shoulders!....(or?)...Level TWO! Where one "begins", learning what Jesus meant by "picking up YOUR Cross!" In other words? It's God saying to the believer: "I see you've confessed my Son before men!" "And, as "promised?" "He has confessed you, TO Me!" "Ok kid?" "Let's see what ya got?" "Let's SEE just how MUCH you can handle of MY GOVERNMENT!" "It'll be QUITE the challenge, I can ASSURE you!" "Yet, I'll NEVER put more on ya, then you can handle, or BREAK you, Cuz I love you THAT much!" "And, NEVER put you someplace you CAN'T get out of, or back away from!" (this backing away FROM, is "where" points are taken FROM the "called" side, and placed on the "chosen" side, or? Taken from the "chosen" side, and put on the "called" side.) (also) This is where one will learn a deeper meaning from Ezekiel 13 (KJV)

Upon surviving "Level TWO VETTING?" It's on to "Level THREE!" Vetting, and "service", as being a "not ONLY" A Priest of Jesus Christ, and "The Government", that is on His shoulders, But, as "Joint Heir" WITH Christ, and (also) a Priest of the "MOST HIGH GOD!" The EVERLASTING FATHER! Holy IS HIS NAME! And "indoctrination" INTO "The Order of Melchizedek!" Which IS, if you know your Bible? A FOREVER Priesthood! Forever, meaning not only from a "certain point" ONWARDS! Yea, but BACKWARDS, in time (as we consider time). "Backwards PAST", Earth, and Heaven ages!

So? In your accusations of "willfully" sinning? I would be MORE then HAPPY, in reversing this "act", into a "willfully being SHUNNED, by shallowly "rooted" believers! That "can't TAKE the HEAT!" So pride themselves falsely, as being "smart enough", in "staying OUT of the "Kitchen!"

The Father, in knowing this, has "set aside" some of HIS Priests, to do the "Heavy Lifting" for "the sheeple", BEFORE HE even ALLOWS His Christ TO "set foot" upon this earth (age) again! (see Psalms 110:1b-4 KJV)

For a surety? This all begins WITH, NOT "ENDS" with accepting Christ as one's Savior!

There are some other things, which, although, SHALL become "apparent?" Are not to be mentioned.

S

SpoonJuly

But if you really love Him and abide in Him, you will assemble with others. To not assemble is proof you do not love and abide completely.
We do not have the right to pick and choose what commands we want to do and not do.

Well He deny us for not assembling, of course not. It is not a salvation issue, it is simply doing as we are told and receiving the blessing of doing as we are commanded.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
But if you really love Him and abide in Him, you will assemble with others. To not assemble is proof you do not love and abide completely.
We do not have the right to pick and choose what commands we want to do and not do.

Well He deny us for not assembling, of course not. It is not a salvation issue, it is simply doing as we are told and receiving the blessing of doing as we are commanded.
S...,
That's definitive.
Care to share scripture which supports that conclusion?
Don't you agree we must live a life of righteousness?
Isn't assembling part of righteousness?

beta

Aug 8, 2016
S...,
That's definitive.
Care to share scripture which supports that conclusion?
Don't you agree we must live a life of righteousness?
Isn't assembling part of righteousness?
If I observe the Sabbath and you observe sunday it will be impossible to assemble together ???