Aunt in hospital

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Hi friends, my elderly aunt is in hospital again.

She got very confused Friday morning and her oxygen sats were low so had to call an ambulance.
We spent 9 hours in A & E got home around 7pm after she stabilised.

I checked on her a few times in the night, she was mildly confused and very tired, not
surprising really. But when I checked her again at 3.30am Saturday morning, she was very confused again and
her oxygen sats were low again, so had to call ambulance.

I think maybe it’s this really hot humid weather we are having in the UK, it’s
gone on for months. It’s not good though for someone with COPD and heart failure.

Thank you. Oh and she is 83.

Jun 18, 2013
Lord we pray for Miri for her aunt. Help her to recover her health and be normal again. In thy precious name O good Lord.Amen

S

Sweetmorningdew78

Heavenly father i would like to ask you to please help Miri's Aunt Lord bring back and make her oxygen sats in normal level again so that she would be able to return home soon this I pray in Jesus gracious name! Amen!

God bless you and your Aunt ❤

MrH59

Jun 24, 2018
Beech Island SC
Lord we ask for comfort and healing for miri's aunt.. mostly we ask for your will to be done. Lord she has been on this earth for 83 years for a reason. We hope she has many more. Give her family strength and peace while the care for their aunt. We love you Lord and thank you for loving us. Amen

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord we pray for Miri's 83 year old aunt, let you heal her body, relax her and bless her. Let her oxygen sat remain normal. Lord bless Miri's aunt with good heal. in Jesus loving name, Amen!

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m praying that God will touch your aunt with His healing hand, provide strength and help in recovery according to His perfect will. Blessings to you, Miri.

T

theanointedsinner

God, protect her from the damage from the heat, and supply doctors to supply oxygen to her

M

Miri

My aunt is still in hosp, they discharged her twice but
each time she became ill again and I had to call ambulance.

She’s doing ok they just need to keep her in until she is well
enough to come home.

Thank you for your prayers.

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
Thanks for providing an update about your aunt’s health, Miri. Be assured of my continued prayers for her healing and recovery. Grace and peace to you!

Dynamaniac

Feb 10, 2017
Father God, we lift Miri and her aunt to you. We pray for wisdom from the doctors and nurses; we pray for your will to be done. Lord, we pray for peace that surpasses understanding and for healing in accordance with your will. We thank you for Miri and her compassion in taking care of her aunt. We pray for your strength and wisdom to be given. We pray for your continued protection and we praise you for your control. Thank you, Father, for the opportunity to lift them in prayer to you. Thank you, Father, for your son Jesus. In his name we pray, Amen!

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

She got very confused Friday morning and her oxygen sats were low so had to call an ambulance.

I checked on her a few times in the night, she was mildly confused and very tired, not
surprising really. But when I checked her again at 3.30am Saturday morning, she was very confused again and

gone on for months. It’s not good though for someone with COPD and heart failure.

Her low ox sats are most likely caused by her COPD and heart failure. Not enough oxygen getting to her blood cells.. Hence her dizziness and confusion..

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I pray for God's will to be done with your aunt and for you to receive a special healing and restorative touch.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My aunt is still in hosp, they discharged her twice but
each time she became ill again and I had to call ambulance.

She’s doing ok they just need to keep her in until she is well
enough to come home.

Thank you for your prayers.
Is it possible for your aunt to be admitted to a long-term skilled care facility? I am worried that you are going to get totally drained and worn out trying to take care of her. I will pray for this as well. You and your aunt are in my prayers a lot.

M

Miri

Is it possible for your aunt to be admitted to a long-term skilled care facility? I am worried that you are going to get totally drained and worn out trying to take care of her. I will pray for this as well. You and your aunt are in my prayers a lot.

I don’t think we are at that stage yet. She had a UTI, first time tests came back
negative but it was obvious something was wrong. Second time they did a different
kind of test and started her on antibiotics on the Tuesday then sent her home on the
Wednesday. There was still a big problem though so had to take her back in.
Now she is on IV antibiotics as the tablets were not working,

UTIs, make elderly people very confused and hallucinate, so it needs to clear up.
In her confusion she was taking the oxygen off.

M

Miri

If she had been in a care home she would have died by now.
At least 3 times she has been extremely ill but didn't look it.
I just felt inside something was very wrong and the urgent need to
call an ambulance. I believe it was God each time.

First time was 2015, the emergency responder thought I was time wasting
but at hospital they found her kidneys, lungs, heart were failing, they didn’t think
she would survive, but God had other plans,

Second time was August 2017, when I called the ambulance 3 times over a weekend.
They kept sending her home as she didn’t look ill. By the third time her oxygen sats
had fallen to 61% she was barely conscious. But they saved valuable time as various
tests had already been done during the previous admissions!

Third time was Feb 2018 when she score 9 out of 10 on the sepsis scale. We got
taken in with blue lights and sirens. Again she didn’t look ill.

It must have been the prompting of God because I’m not medically qualified.

M

Miri

My aunt is coming home tomorrow, she is a bit more confused than
usual at the moment as she tends to get delerium in hospital but
physically she is much better. It turned out she had a water infection, a
bit of a chest infection and her kidney function was more out than usual.

So prayers would be appreciated that things quickly settle down.

Thanks everyone. ♥️

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
UTI's do NOT typically make people confused and hallucinate. THAT is caused by her dementia and/or extreme infections from her other problems.. UTI's can usually be taken care of by drinking cranberry juice, unless the infection requires anti-biotics, in which case, it would be the anti-biotics possibly making her confused and hallucinatory, and not the UTI..

M

Miri

UTI's do NOT typically make people confused and hallucinate. THAT is caused by her dementia and/or extreme infections from her other problems.. UTI's can usually be taken care of by drinking cranberry juice, unless the infection requires anti-biotics, in which case, it would be the anti-biotics possibly making her confused and hallucinatory, and not the UTI..
Sorry your wrong on that one blue, UTIs affect the young and elderly really
bad and cause all sorts of confusion and hallucinations.

https://www.agingcare.com/articles/urinary-tract-infections-elderly-146026.htm

My aunt was assessed in 2016 after various bouts of confusion, she was assessed
as not having dementia. We later discovered she had COPD. Lack of VitB12 and
also lack of calcium due to her digestive system not working as well as it
should and also not going out in the sun. Also reduced kidney function and
a couple of UTIs, all of which can cause confusion.

I think she may well be starting with early dementia now and we are
waiting for her to be assessed again. Unfortunately you are more prone
to dementia if you have COPD as the lowered oxygen levels can cause
problems ans starve brain cells of oxygen.

The confusion caused by dementia is completely different to that caused by
UTIs which suddenly occur, whereas dementia tends to be gradual.
Unfortunately many elderly are labelled with dementia when there are
medical causes which go untreated as a result.

Even if someone has dementia, any sudden increase in confusion
should not be ignored as it’s not normal.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Sorry your wrong on that one blue, UTIs affect the young and elderly really
bad and cause all sorts of confusion and hallucinations.

https://www.agingcare.com/articles/urinary-tract-infections-elderly-146026.htm

My aunt was assessed in 2016 after various bouts of confusion, she was assessed
as not having dementia. We later discovered she had COPD. Lack of VitB12 and
also lack of calcium due to her digestive system not working as well as it
should and also not going out in the sun. Also reduced kidney function and
a couple of UTIs, all of which can cause confusion.

I think she may well be starting with early dementia now and we are
waiting for her to be assessed again. Unfortunately you are more prone
to dementia if you have COPD as the lowered oxygen levels can cause
problems ans starve brain cells of oxygen.

The confusion caused by dementia is completely different to that caused by
UTIs which suddenly occur, whereas dementia tends to be gradual.
Unfortunately many elderly are labelled with dementia when there are
medical causes which go untreated as a result.

Even if someone has dementia, any sudden increase in confusion
should not be ignored as it’s not normal.
My late wife was hospitalized with a UTI and died later that night from a pulmonary embolism.

I talked to a nurse at the hospital early the morning she was admitted. Said I would be coming for a visit later that day. Going to work in the morning I believe that God spoke to me and said that she was going to die today so be ready. I asked Him not to let her die during my shift because most likely it would be my last for that company and I wanted to focus on my work.

Soon as the shift ended someone came up to me and said that my brother-in-law was in the hallway waiting for me, something about a family emergency. I told her that I knew what that was about.

God was gracious and allowed her to live until I could see her for the last time for a few minutes before the doctor took the respirator off her to let her die with dignity at my request as her husband.