AW Tozer

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
You aren't following him as evidenced by the numerous statements that you have made.

You need Jesus. I suggest that you do follow Jesus instead of whomever it is that is directing your comments on this board.

Your statements suggest you are following heresy which is following a false "jesus" and a different "gospel" which is following the devil

There's going to be hell to pay for those following the false doctrines of reformed theology and catholicism

When you get there, you'll see.
 
I used to be a chaplain so I had to deal with all denominations and their clergy. I heard a catholic priest tell a dying woman that he possessed the power to absolve her of all her sins, then prayed a prayer from a book and told her she was forgiven and ready for heaven. I had to leave the room. When he left I came back to her bedside and told her about Jesus. She was comatose but I did it anyway hoping that she would hear my voice and reach out to HIM. I’ll never know in this life if it was effective but I pray it was and I had to try.
 
  • Love
Reactions: GRACE_ambassador
I used to be a chaplain so I had to deal with all denominations and their clergy. I heard a catholic priest tell a dying woman that he possessed the power to absolve her of all her sins, then prayed a prayer from a book and told her she was forgiven and ready for heaven. I had to leave the room. When he left I came back to her bedside and told her about Jesus. She was comatose but I did it anyway hoping that she would hear my voice and reach out to HIM. I’ll never know in this life if it was effective but I pray it was and I had to try.

interesting, I had to look this up and it is in fact true.

do catholic priest have the power to absolve sins?

Short answer: yes—according to Catholic belief, priests do have the authority to absolve sins, but only because that authority comes from God, not from the priest himself.
Here’s the Catholic understanding, clean and straight:
Catholic teaching
In the Catholic Church, priests act in persona Christi—“in the person of Christ.”
Catholics believe Jesus Christ gave this authority to the apostles, and that it has been passed down through apostolic succession.
Key Scripture Catholics point to:
  • John 20:22–23
    “If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”​
Because priests are successors of the apostles, Catholics believe:
  • God forgives the sin
  • The priest is the instrument God uses
  • The power is God’s, not the priest’s
So when a priest says, “I absolve you from your sins…”, Catholics understand it as Christ forgiving through the priest.
Important clarifications (even within Catholicism)
  • Priests do not forgive by their own power
  • Forgiveness ultimately comes only from God
  • Confession requires real repentance—not just words
How this differs from many Protestant views
Most Protestants believe:
  • Only God forgives sins directly
  • Confession can be made straight to God without a priest
    (often citing 1 Timothy 2:5 — “one mediator between God and man, Christ Jesus”)
Bottom line
  • Catholic answer: Yes, priests can absolve sins by Christ’s authority
  • Non-Catholic Christian answer: No, only God forgives sins directly
 
Tozer said when Jesus went through a wall after his resurrection, he could not do that before his resurrection, that was a red flag . Jesus walked on water ! No Tozer for me !
 
Tozer said when Jesus went through a wall after his resurrection, he could not do that before his resurrection, that was a red flag . Jesus walked on water ! No Tozer for me !
What in the world are you talking about?

Never read that in any of his writings....
And his writings wouldn't cover that subject.
You seem to be bearing FALSE WITNESS....

To what advantage?
WHY?
You gonna have to answer for it.
 
What in the world are you talking about?

Never read that in any of his writings....
And his writings wouldn't cover that subject.
You seem to be bearing FALSE WITNESS....

To what advantage?
WHY?
You gonna have to answer for it.
 
I read it in one of Tozer books many years ago , I don’t remember it by name . I dropped him like a bad habit !
 
Yes AW Tozer believed that Jesus had physical limitations before his resurrection, he wrote a lot about it do a search . It appears Tozer does not believe Jesus was the same yesterday today and forever. Jesus walked on water is that any harder ? No Tozer for me do a search I found lots but it didn’t give a book title .
 
Tozer said when Jesus went through a wall after his resurrection, he could not do that before his resurrection, that was a red flag . Jesus walked on water ! No Tozer for me !
There is no record of Jesus going through a wall before His resurrection. It is true that Lord Jesus had a body of flesh and blood. If you get offended by such a trivial remark, you must struggle with the vast majority of teachers. No one is perfect, not even you.

Peter walked on water. There is also no record of Peter going straight through a wall, even after Jesus rose from the dead. There is a record of Peter being unable to go through a wall. Jesus had the resurrection body like we will have eventually. We will also be able to go through walls then.
 
  • Love
Reactions: JohnDB
There is no record of Jesus going through a wall before His resurrection. It is true that Lord Jesus had a body of flesh and blood. If you get offended by such a trivial remark, you must struggle with the vast majority of teachers. No one is perfect, not even you.

Peter walked on water. There is also no record of Peter going straight through a wall, even after Jesus rose from the dead. There is a record of Peter being unable to go through a wall. Jesus had the resurrection body like we will have eventually. We will also be able to go through walls then.
 
lol 😆 Jesus had a body of flesh after his resurrection, have you read the bible ?
 
lol 😆 Jesus had a body of flesh after his resurrection, have you read the bible ?
Since you believe you are so much better than Tozer.....rewrite "knowledge of the Holy".....

ROFL....

Talk about cleaning the Aegian stables....
 
Since you believe you are so much better than Tozer.....rewrite "knowledge of the Holy".....

ROFL....

Talk about cleaning the Aegian stables....
Tozer obviously does not Believe as Jesus said “ with God all things are possible “ so please listen to people that believe Jesus ! I read the scriptures they are so much better than any man’s work . Tozer certainly proves that ! Amen with God all things are possible Jesus said . I’m just scratching the surface . If you prefer to follow Tozer that’s your choice . I do not for many years. The Bible is the authority.
 
Tozer obviously does not Believe as Jesus said “ with God all things are possible “ so please listen to people that believe Jesus ! I read the scriptures they are so much better than any man’s work . Tozer certainly proves that ! Amen with God all things are possible Jesus said . I’m just scratching the surface . If you prefer to follow Tozer that’s your choice . I do not for many years. The Bible is the authority.
You claim to believe the Bible. The Bible states that God has appointed apostles, prophets, evangelists, teachers and pastors in the body to equip the saints for the work of ministry. Presumably you are so far advance in the Christian life that you have no need to avail yourself of God's provision. Lesser mortals like myself are still learning. That's even though I teach and counsel others.