Backslider, request prayer for cleansing.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 15, 2023
Don't try, stop trying. Trying itself is "works." It will just make you tired and to no avail. Jesus offers you rest by only casting your cares upon him and letting him do the work in you. If you believe Jesus, then you should ask him to restore you. God said, "You have destroyed yourself, in me is your help." Not in you. You "try" to help yourself to return to Jesus, no, you just turn to him and cry out to him to save you and cleanse you and restore you. The whole bible will just teach you not to trust in yourself (in me, there's no good thing) but only trust in Jesus. So when you don't have any strength, Jesus is your hope. He gives power to the powerLESS. You only need to cry out to him. Only Jesus could fight your giants (enemies, sins, yourself). The Israelites only cried out to God when they faced the giants of Canaan and he delivered them but did not let in those who did not believe that they could defeat the giants through God. It's symbolic.
I get your point but it does say study to shew thy self approved unto God, not ashamed etc. So I have to do something or I will forget God and Jesus and simply do my own thing.

Feb 4, 2023
I get your point but it does say study to shew thy self approved unto God, not ashamed etc. So I have to do something or I will forget God and Jesus and simply do my own thing.
Yes, study to shew yourself approved unto God. How do you do it? What something do you have to do to be approved of God? Isn't it by doing the will of God? Do you know the will of God? You cannot do it unless you know it. Or else you're just doing “works” that are filthy in his sight. So you have to know first what the will of God is. When you know it, then you would be able to shew yourself approved of God. How do you know if God approves you or it's just yourself? It's very important to know.

Feb 4, 2023
Also you mentioned you're having trouble with the doctrine of OSAS and you're concerned about the loss of salvation. I certainly went through this too, that's why it's very important to know whether you're in the faith. It's a very healthy thing to test ourselves. Don't be discouraged because of this, God intends to draw you near him that's why you encounter such confusion. It's so that you will seek for the real truth, and the truth shall set you free.