Ball Earth conundrums

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
This is how Gamera actually flies @Gojira .
🤔
He's a biological gyroscopic Testudo/ Tortoise 🐢
@Zandar A common example of a Gyroscope in space.
Just ask any Japanese scientist.

Yes, I did always wonder why Gamera spun to get around rather than just moving forward without spinning. Now we know! :love:

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
I would suggest that someone who claims to be "Christian" start with the Bible. And if you are so inclined to do so, please read the thread at the link below:

Scripture Based Flat Earth Proposition
Yes, Romans34, I've already read your posts (#1-6). Nothing you wrote, no verse you quote, reasons the earth is flat.

You also engage in faulty speculation. You suggest scripture indicates the water of The Flood came from 'the waters above the firmament', that is, the waters separating the 2nd heaven and the 3rd heaven. The Genisis Flood' scripture does not indicate that. It reads it came from the heavens and underground waters of the earth. Rain comes from the 1st heaven. You're engaging in a bizarre contortion of speculation declaring the rain came from 'the waters above the firmament', rather than the plain and obvious reading of the 1st heaven: the sky.

Speaking of the Bible, this video was made for you (and @GaryA and @Moses_Young). As I read you posts, please prayerfully review this presentation from Answers in Genisis fellow Dr. Danny Faulkner (has degrees in physics, astronomy, taught at USCL) and discusses the verses in the Bible that are often cited by many Flat Earthers. The Biblical review is time stamp 27:35 to 45:17. His specialty is the Ark/Flood. Does The Bible Describe the Earth as Flat? (youtube.com)

Of course, I recommend then watching the rest (45:17 to end) as Danny goes into his own personal observations and photos of the night sky. And then I recommend watching the full presentation (0 to 27:35). With your eyes open, in prayerful meditation, as Paul says, come let us reason together, what do you say of the Biblical review (27:35 to 45:17)?

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Meh, that's faker man.

It's not even a real UFO or nithin :rolleyes:

Don't you have some real uf and O footage you can post?
These guys bought some video equipment so you can actually identify the UFOs. These flying objects are pretty clear. Otherwise, the dude with the beard might be mistaken for Bigfoot.

Dec 29, 2023
Wasn't even any uf or Os in that video.

I thought you uf and o guys had proof to show people?

Zandar

May 16, 2023
I always thought it was wild how someone in hypnosis can walk high wires and stand on the back of chairs.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I always thought it was wild how someone in hypnosis can walk high wires and stand on the back of chairs.
I found some more documentaries on hypnosis. I think I posted one somewhere on these forums. Put it together with what Hunt says and you'll get a pretty comprehensive understanding IMHO.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
I went back to study the occult that's popular now in USA when I got to Leviticus 19 again. A lot of people get sucked into the new age and the same demonic practices. Many attribute them to God because they have fallen deceptive spirits with them. Some are more difficult to discern, but they normally have similar concepts and patterns.
They start children in the toy department with things like the magic 8 ball and magical thinking from cartoons.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
This is from those who actually promote techniques like hypnosis. They recognize and embrace these demonic practices however see them as something different. Many Christians embrace some of these practices, yet want to attribute the practices to something else as well.
Ie. Earlier I was listening to a class where the doctor mentioned meditation. He wasn't talking about meditating upon God's Word. He claims to be saved and an evangelical. Very intelligent, but there are many intelligent people who are deceived.

(Source: Encyclopedia of New Age Beliefs)
“Hypnosis is a deliberate-induced condition of deep mental relaxation, passivity, or trance in which a person becomes highly suggestible with a state of consciousness capable of dramatic manipulation. In various forms, hypnotism can be found in every culture in every age. Hypnosis has historically been considered an altered state of consciousness, often called a ‘trance.’ The term itself comes from Hypnos, the Greek god of sleep. The world cannot say with certainty what hypnosis is nor exactly how it works, but somehow it does. Hypnosis in therapy seeks to deal with current problems by employing hypnotic states to change behavior. In New Age & occult applications, hypnosis is used for a wide variety of psychic purposes, including developing ‘human potential’ and uncovering ‘past lives’ for ‘therapeutic’ and occult purposes. A wide variety of self, or personal growth seminars instruct people in the techniques of self-hypnosis to achieve their desired goals. It has been claimed to develop psychic abilities, calm hyperactive children, lose weight, be better at sports, stop smoking, etc. Historically, it is typically associated with the occultists or psychics, the one who exercises power over things or persons, such as the shaman, magician, witch doctor, medium, or guru. Hypnosis has been known to produce a variety of occult phenomena. For example, ‘past-life’ experiences, multiple personalities, speaking in unknown languages, automatic writing, seizures, spirit possession, astral projection, etc. The (demonic) spirits themselves endorse the use of hypnosis because it frequently serves their purpose to possess or influence individuals. Cases of spirit possession resulting from hypnosis have occurred. Many of the best-known mediums of the 19th century first started their careers as hypnotic subjects. The various hypnotic methods lie within the biblically prohibited practices of ‘charming,’ ‘enchanting,’ and general magic.”

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
I got an article on “Hypnotizing Chickens,” if anyone want’s to know more.Is that evil also?

Zandar

May 16, 2023
I got an article on “Hypnotizing Chickens,” if anyone want’s to know more.Is that evil also?
Ive watched my father in law hypnotize chickens. It was amazing. He called it putting them to sleep. He tucked their heads under their wings and rocked them in a sway motion in his hands. He could lay them down then and they wouldnt move until you pulled at their wing.

Zandar

May 16, 2023
This is from those who actually promote techniques like hypnosis. They recognize and embrace these demonic practices however see them as something different. Many Christians embrace some of these practices, yet want to attribute the practices to something else as well.
Ie. Earlier I was listening to a class where the doctor mentioned meditation. He wasn't talking about meditating upon God's Word. He claims to be saved and an evangelical. Very intelligent, but there are many intelligent people who are deceived.

(Source: Encyclopedia of New Age Beliefs)
“Hypnosis is a deliberate-induced condition of deep mental relaxation, passivity, or trance in which a person becomes highly suggestible with a state of consciousness capable of dramatic manipulation. In various forms, hypnotism can be found in every culture in every age. Hypnosis has historically been considered an altered state of consciousness, often called a ‘trance.’ The term itself comes from Hypnos, the Greek god of sleep. The world cannot say with certainty what hypnosis is nor exactly how it works, but somehow it does. Hypnosis in therapy seeks to deal with current problems by employing hypnotic states to change behavior. In New Age & occult applications, hypnosis is used for a wide variety of psychic purposes, including developing ‘human potential’ and uncovering ‘past lives’ for ‘therapeutic’ and occult purposes. A wide variety of self, or personal growth seminars instruct people in the techniques of self-hypnosis to achieve their desired goals. It has been claimed to develop psychic abilities, calm hyperactive children, lose weight, be better at sports, stop smoking, etc. Historically, it is typically associated with the occultists or psychics, the one who exercises power over things or persons, such as the shaman, magician, witch doctor, medium, or guru. Hypnosis has been known to produce a variety of occult phenomena. For example, ‘past-life’ experiences, multiple personalities, speaking in unknown languages, automatic writing, seizures, spirit possession, astral projection, etc. The (demonic) spirits themselves endorse the use of hypnosis because it frequently serves their purpose to possess or influence individuals. Cases of spirit possession resulting from hypnosis have occurred. Many of the best-known mediums of the 19th century first started their careers as hypnotic subjects. The various hypnotic methods lie within the biblically prohibited practices of ‘charming,’ ‘enchanting,’ and general magic.”
I would argue modern church music is hypnotic. Thats why I prefer the traditional church music.