Ban

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Twice I've been banned on Christian Chat. Twice after asking questions.

First time I responded to a person which message I wanted to understand correct. The person wrote something about that if he had attended protesters violent behavior they wouldnt' be alive. I asked the person if I understood it correct, that he would like to kill protesters. Then I was banned.

The second time I asked about if I'm allowed to be on the Christian Chat even though I'm not a believer of God as personal and separated from us. People started writing that I was trolling, and I got banned again.

I would like to know, what the rules are on the chat. Am I not allowed to use the chat without being Christian? The rules of the chat doesn't mention anything about this. Also the rules doesn't say anything about not being allowed to ask specific questions. As I understand the rules, we are not allowed to purposefully offend others. And I don't understand how the two situations that has lead to a ban have been offending others.

People don't have to like me. They can have different reasons for not liking me. But does a personal opinion about me, mean I can't use the chat as long as I'm not purposefully offending others? Nobody has to listen to my opinions, but should a Christian ban a person on an public chat for having a different view of life and asking questions?

This doesn't make any sense for me. This isn't the principles I follow. And I don't understand, how it can be Christian principles.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The idea of the Christian Chat is it is for those who truly believe and or truly seek. If you are truly seeking, do not claim to understand what is not visible in the faith as a topic of discussion and simply seek until you do or reject. I pray you do.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
As a Christian we are no longer our own, we have the indwelling Christ and our thoughts become His thoughts as He works through us in the process He uses to conform us to the image of the Son, that may be where you have encountered your problem.
By default of being born in sin we start life belonging to the camp of the enemy, by stating you are a non believer in God let alone not accepting Christ as your Savior and making him Lord of your life, you have told everyone you are still in the camp of the enemy.
We just had a worldwide "reset" God has used to bring people back to Him in repentance and relationship and you seem to have missed it entirely. His process of separating His sheep from the adversaries goats goes forward and it is true His clean have no fellowship with the adversaries unclean.
Until you make the decision all must make to accept Christ you will probably continue to have trouble in life.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018

First time I responded to a person which message I wanted to understand correct. The person wrote something about that if he had attended protesters violent behavior they wouldnt' be alive. I asked the person if I understood it correct, that he would like to kill protesters. Then I was banned.

The second time I asked about if I'm allowed to be on the Christian Chat even though I'm not a believer of God as personal and separated from us. People started writing that I was trolling, and I got banned again.

I would like to know, what the rules are on the chat. Am I not allowed to use the chat without being Christian? The rules of the chat doesn't mention anything about this. Also the rules doesn't say anything about not being allowed to ask specific questions. As I understand the rules, we are not allowed to purposefully offend others. And I don't understand how the two situations that has lead to a ban have been offending others.

People don't have to like me. They can have different reasons for not liking me. But does a personal opinion about me, mean I can't use the chat as long as I'm not purposefully offending others? Nobody has to listen to my opinions, but should a Christian ban a person on an public chat for having a different view of life and asking questions?

This doesn't make any sense for me. This isn't the principles I follow. And I don't understand, how it can be Christian principles.
The bans in chats are decided by users, not moderators. Last i heard it takes 3 users to ban someone from chat. This was put in place because mods aren't available 24/7. So it leaves the power in the hands of people who may not be capable to use it properly.
No one here knows how it went down, and of course your side of things will show you as innocent. And maybe you are. But unfortunately some people misuse such options. Your complaint is not too uncommon, actually.
I'm not sure what, if anything, mods can do in this situation. Perhaps send a PM to OnceFallen explaining what happened and see if he has any answers.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
As a Christian we are no longer our own, we have the indwelling Christ and our thoughts become His thoughts as He works through us in the process He uses to conform us to the image of the Son, that may be where you have encountered your problem.
By default of being born in sin we start life belonging to the camp of the enemy, by stating you are a non believer in God let alone not accepting Christ as your Savior and making him Lord of your life, you have told everyone you are still in the camp of the enemy.
We just had a worldwide "reset" God has used to bring people back to Him in repentance and relationship and you seem to have missed it entirely. His process of separating His sheep from the adversaries goats goes forward and it is true His clean have no fellowship with the adversaries unclean.
Until you make the decision all must make to accept Christ you will probably continue to have trouble in life.
In my original post I wrote: " I'm not a believer of God as personal and separated from us". That doesn't mean, I'm not a believer of God. I think your conclusion in your post is based on a wrong premise.

I can explain further about my belief, if it has your interest. First of all, my question is still, if I am to be banned because of having a different belief of God than the Christian and asking questions without trying to offend others.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
When our beliefs are right , we are no longer our own, we no longer have "our belief's". we have joined with the separate and personal God by way of the atonement.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
The idea of the Christian Chat is it is for those who truly believe and or truly seek. If you are truly seeking, do not claim to understand what is not visible in the faith as a topic of discussion and simply seek until you do or reject. I pray you do.
Thank you for your reply :)

I do not understand what you mean by "do not claim to understand what is not visible in the faith". By "faith" do you mean Christianity? Are we not allowed to try, with intuitive consciousness, to get to understand/know the laws of God that we follow?

I would also still like to receive information about, if if I'm not allowed to use the chat unless I have the understanding that God is personal and separated from us, which for me is knowledge and thereby relative consciousness.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
The bans in chats are decided by users, not moderators. Last i heard it takes 3 users to ban someone from chat. This was put in place because mods aren't available 24/7. So it leaves the power in the hands of people who may not be capable to use it properly.
No one here knows how it went down, and of course your side of things will show you as innocent. And maybe you are. But unfortunately some people misuse such options. Your complaint is not too uncommon, actually.
I'm not sure what, if anything, mods can do in this situation. Perhaps send a PM to OnceFallen explaining what happened and see if he has any answers.
Than you very much for your reply and advice :)

I agree about, that my illustration of what has happened is subjective. But the people who are able to ban, has also done it from a subjective perspective. It will always be like that, as I see it.

As I see it, instead of just being able to ban a person, there should be a constructive conversation first about what is seen as a problem in the persons behavior, and objective arguments should be used referencing to the rules of the chat, and how the person is not following these. Such constructive communication I have unfortunately seen non of so far. Only ignorance.

I will use your advice and contact OnceFallen, if the situation isn't solved otherwise.

Again, I thank you for you reply.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
No one who is not convinced by our Heavenly Father that He is and always has been and always will be is able to discuss things unseen which all who know Him do discuss.

If you are here to discuss the Bible, be certain to read it first.

You many not yet be aware of this, but within the writing of the Torah, we are taught that before there were strange gods among men was Yahweh...God.

He allowed mankind to drift away from a personal knowledge of Him to other gods, which, of course , are no gods.
Having read the Word many times and for many decades I have been made aware of how there are stories of a deluge and other historic evens mentioned in the Word, however they are treated a fables or myths. The Bible contains a kind of desclaimer declaring it to be the total truth and not something other than from our Father.

Read it, and find out for yourself befor disputing it. Otherwise you are just disputing intellectually and that does not float with your Maker...….....you are not His equal.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
When our beliefs are right , we are no longer our own, we no longer have "our belief's". we have joined with the separate and personal God by way of the atonement.
If I understand you correct, I agree about, that we are no longer on our own, when we stop following the illusion about being separated individuals. For me that leads to peace. This is the understanding I try to observe and explore life further from.

My question, however, is still, if I'm not allowed to use the chat, even though I have an understanding of God as not being personal and separated from us, that others might not agree with, but I'm not trying to offend their belief or remove them from it.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
No one who is not convinced by our Heavenly Father that He is and always has been and always will be is able to discuss things unseen which all who know Him do discuss.

If you are here to discuss the Bible, be certain to read it first.

You many not yet be aware of this, but within the writing of the Torah, we are taught that before there were strange gods among men was Yahweh...God.

He allowed mankind to drift away from a personal knowledge of Him to other gods, which, of course , are no gods.
Having read the Word many times and for many decades I have been made aware of how there are stories of a deluge and other historic evens mentioned in the Word, however they are treated a fables or myths. The Bible contains a kind of desclaimer declaring it to be the total truth and not something other than from our Father.

Read it, and find out for yourself befor disputing it. Otherwise you are just disputing intellectually and that does not float with your Maker...….....you are not His equal.
Thank you for your advice. I have studied the Bible for many years, and do not try to be the equal of God, but find peace in the environment I am part of.

I am still trying to understand your previous message, and will therefor insert my reply to this. It will be easier for me to understand you and discuss your perspective, if you answer my questions.

------------
I do not understand what you mean by "do not claim to understand what is not visible in the faith". By "faith" do you mean Christianity? Are we not allowed to try, with intuitive consciousness, to get to understand/know the laws of God that we follow?

I would also still like to receive information about, if if I'm not allowed to use the chat unless I have the understanding that God is personal and separated from us, which for me is knowledge and thereby relative consciousness.
-------------

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
It is not difficult to perceive the nefarious nature of this line of questioning. May you find peace in our Savior. You will not find peace in any endeavor of an intellectual capture of faith in the Truth and the Way.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
It is not difficult to perceive the nefarious nature of this line of questioning. May you find peace in our Savior. You will not find peace in any endeavor of an intellectual capture of faith in the Truth and the Way.
Maybe it's not difficult for you to understand the information you write, but it is for me. I find it sad, that you are do not wish to elaborate the information, and thereby help me understand further. But I will accept this.

I also hope you will have peace in life :)

maryjohanna

May 24, 2020

Hello Unitas! I am going to be honest: I'm a little confused about where you stand and what your position is. Do you believe in God DO you believe in Jesus as your one and only Lord and Savior? Do you believe He died for you on the cross/the sacrifice He made on your behalf? Do you believe in the Resurrection? Are you familiar with / believe with all of your soul that the Bible is THE Word of God? I just want to get this clear before making any judgments. I am a new member and am also trying to get used to all of this. I haven't encountered any personal issues with anyone, but I have witnessed some users get banned or be pushed out in a way.

My first impression, truly, is that this is a primarily a place of fellowship; I think the conversations that are being had are meant for those who have the proper insight; however, I am by no means for banning or blocking someone just because they disagree or don't understand. Jesus came to heal the sick, not spend time with those who already had it together. I would like to think people could at least explain the meaning of things to you so you could learn, instead of ban you just because you aren't on their level of understanding. That is definitely not.. Christ like. So, that is why I am trying to understand your position, where you stand, and the context of your posts that got you banned.

God bless!

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Am not sure we are getting the whole picture here but it might just be the syntax used because people that are calvinists who read the Bible backwards are notorious for not liking people who just read the Bible from cover to cover.

Maybe its just communications being at cross purposes. It is kind of weird though as Ive been banned on some other christian sites but never on this one. I wouldnt take it personally its just some people are rather dyslexic, and maybe cannot handle answering direct questions which follow their convoluted line of reasoning.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if you are asking about what hope we have as christians we are exhorted to have an answer, and that goes for yourself as well see 1 Peter 3:15

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Hello Unitas! I am going to be honest: I'm a little confused about where you stand and what your position is. Do you believe in God DO you believe in Jesus as your one and only Lord and Savior? Do you believe He died for you on the cross/the sacrifice He made on your behalf? Do you believe in the Resurrection? Are you familiar with / believe with all of your soul that the Bible is THE Word of God? I just want to get this clear before making any judgments. I am a new member and am also trying to get used to all of this. I haven't encountered any personal issues with anyone, but I have witnessed some users get banned or be pushed out in a way.

My first impression, truly, is that this is a primarily a place of fellowship; I think the conversations that are being had are meant for those who have the proper insight; however, I am by no means for banning or blocking someone just because they disagree or don't understand. Jesus came to heal the sick, not spend time with those who already had it together. I would like to think people could at least explain the meaning of things to you so you could learn, instead of ban you just because you aren't on their level of understanding. That is definitely not.. Christ like. So, that is why I am trying to understand your position, where you stand, and the context of your posts that got you banned.

God bless!
Thank you for a positive reply :)

I believe in God. But not in a personal and separated God. I don't focus on dogmas that I see as being part of a relative consciousness. Instead I try to focus on intuitive consciousness, that doesn't try to explain what God is, but instead on following the righteous path by removing an illusion about the self. To know by being part. I can explain this further if you would like me to.

This thread though isn't about how I or others see life, but about if it's allowed to be here, even though we understand God differently.

For me the most important is to be allowed to follow what feels right for us. From there we can better sense it, and find out if it really brings us peace. The thread is asking the question: Am I allowed to be here as I am, if my intention is to listen and share?

For me that is what fellowship is about. Then it's up to each person to decide if they want to listen and share with others. But like you wrote, we shouldn't ban others, just because they disagree or don't understand. Maybe instead we should ask the question: Do I understand the other?

I'm glad to see, you are trying to understand me.

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Am not sure we are getting the whole picture here but it might just be the syntax used because people that are calvinists who read the Bible backwards are notorious for not liking people who just read the Bible from cover to cover.

Maybe its just communications being at cross purposes. It is kind of weird though as Ive been banned on some other christian sites but never on this one. I wouldnt take it personally its just some people are rather dyslexic, and maybe cannot handle answering direct questions which follow their convoluted line of reasoning.
Thank you for your comforting reply :)

No, we shouldn't take it personally. When we do, I think we are on a wrong path in life.

What I would like, though, is a constructive conversation about how we can communicate despite disagreeing.

I wish you the best on Christian Chat, and hope my ban will be lifted soon.

P.S.: I wouldn't mind you elaborate what you mean by "reading the Bible backwards".

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
if you are asking about what hope we have as christians we are exhorted to have an answer, and that goes for yourself as well see 1 Peter 3:15
"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect," .. For me this quote illustrates what I have been missing and what I think has lead to a ban.

Thank you for sharing it with me

Feb 28, 2016
you would do well to listen with an open heart instead
of rejecting wise words when written to you with
good intentions...

also, it's not about what 'makes us feel good', it's about
Who makes us feel good...

great post Maryjohanna! maybe we will hear some
honest, direct, answers...