Baptism of Chaff

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 20, 2018
Did the Church Jump the Shark on this *One?

This is a brief tale of two overseers who are originally to serve by the will of God. One, who serves the Christian within the Body of Christ (the Church) under the bond of unity”. Secondly, one who serves both the Christian and unbeliever alike outside the Church, if necessary, by bare the sword force (Romans 13:1-7).

Of course, this is the organic version of oversite that was originally committed to our sacred trust. If the original purpose were still in place, it would look something like this; God equips “God’s minister to you for good” (Rm 13:4) outside of the church (1 Cor 5:13), but also equips for us, spiritual overseers inside the Church (1 Cor 5:12). Oh, now I see, both sides of the door are covered by the will of God. For example, if a Christian is “sexually immoral”, that one is to be disassociated with, most have read that many times and is readily indorsed.

Sadly, to date, there remains a difference between re-reading easily the things we can accept, and re-reading indigestible passages that require our support of both ministers BEFORE we can even begin to discuss in this case, what is done with Sodom and Gomorrah types outside the Church.

To continue without the support of the two Ministers today, regardless of how well crafted an initiative can be, may as well say ‘I can do without’ this type of minister for me “for good”. One office, we praise endlessly, the other now suffocates under the chaff of our hearts. Why was the Jump the Shark path thought more favorable to His help?

Is it not the same old fear of trying to initiate a theocracy, even though “Minister”-2 serves the unbeliever as well? If so, I don’t quite think ALL who align with this refusal fully grasp just how handy the Lord’s goodness would be at this hour, for the night is now spent. This prudent author put her finger on how needful that hour is. But it’s still the Lord’s help we need to turn this around:

Something is seriously wrong with American law schools and disciplinary outfits which are supposed to monitor corrupt conduct of practitioners, , ,With almost every law professor in the country supporting the Left and hiring of new law school faculty controlled by the existing pro-Democrat faculty, with bar disciplinary groups largely drawn from the same tranche of leftists and their sympathizers, ,”

Source

*1 Corinthians 3:22

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What does an oblique reference to a scene from a 1970's secular television show have to do with interpretation of Scripture?

Why do you think secular authorities "suffer under the chaff of our hearts"... and what does that even mean?

Why do you think "the night is now spent"?

Why do you spend the energy to initiate and write a thread without giving ANY context that might invite further discussion?

Why do you assume that most of the readers here are American?

Sep 20, 2018
What does an oblique reference to a scene from a 1970's secular television show have to do with interpretation of Scripture?
If by some strange occurrence, which is quite possible, something did align with television's vast body of work, I can assure you I did no such thing.
Why do you think secular authorities "suffer under the chaff of our hearts"... and what does that even mean?

Why do you think "the night is now spent"?

Why do you spend the energy to initiate and write a thread without giving ANY context that might invite further discussion?
You're right, I should have spent some time and informed myself on how little or much "corruption" is commonly held in this forum. Then again, if the reader read the link provided, I think that would have served a substantial context indeed.
Why do you assume that most of the readers here are American?
Again, I should be more familiar with how little or much. Then again, that might be a lost cause if in fact the current term floating these days of "Christian nationalism" gladly identify, I'll identify with the dustbin woodwork.

So, here is your opportunity, how are things in gov't with the common poster in ChristianChat? Are the condition of these of little or no concern?

Lawfare
Sovereignty

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
If by some strange occurrence, which is quite possible, something did align with television's vast body of work, I can assure you I did no such thing.

You're right, I should have spent some time and informed myself on how little or much "corruption" is commonly held in this forum. Then again, if the reader read the link provided, I think that would have served a substantial context indeed.

Again, I should be more familiar with how little or much. Then again, that might be a lost cause if in fact the current term floating these days of "Christian nationalism" gladly identify, I'll identify with the dustbin woodwork.

So, here is your opportunity, how are things in gov't with the common poster in ChristianChat? Are the condition of these of little or no concern?

Lawfare
Sovereignty
Things in the federal government here in Canada are broken. There are good people on the front lines in some areas, but the decisions from the top are terrible, and they have a habit of trickling down and affecting everything.

Sep 20, 2018
Things in the federal government here in Canada are broken. There are good people on the front lines in some areas, but the decisions from the top are terrible, and they have a habit of trickling down and affecting everything.
Nothing surprises me with that, why wouldn't the V-4 Minister apply to such?

", , what does that even mean?
If anything I said in the OP was complex, I wouldn't hesitate to discuss whatever. But it isn't complex. That's just cover for wanting to forget about it, altogether. God himself is where "all understand" originates. And most of us know "Chaff" originated with God in Matthew. Therefore, since God also grants understanding to the reader, the seed is not lost. The only thing lost is the assertion over the insignificance of my points.

So why not just state, since it is God"s will "for your good", why you dissargee with Romans 13:4 "minister" helping us to do so?